• Yes.

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • No.

Votes: 93 39.9%
  • Uncertain.

Votes: 19 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes. Pretty simple. We need a backup and he knows the offense. If Feeley proves to be the guy then Jay can go next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted yes.... but, fairbanks stole my explanation...:chuckle:

Last edited:
NO WAY!!! We need a starter and unless Sage can step up or we bring in someone else we won't have one. Feeley is not even a very good 3rd stringer. Feeley will make people BEG for Ray Lucas again. Jay will be our starter unless we bring in a FA or draft someone.

Nope, never liked him. However, we need another backup before we can get rid of him.

I got confused. My explanation stays the same but I edited my vote from a no to yes. I voted the first time based on reading "Fiedler Out? That is different than the actual poll question.:confused:

Originally posted by A&O
Explain your vote.

I just noticed your helmet design....that looks awesome!!

We should start a team....we could be called the FinHeaven Fortune Tellers.:lol:

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I got confused. My explanation stays the same but I edited my vote from a no to yes. I voted the first time based on reading "Fiedler Out? That is different than the actual poll question.:confused:
I knew what you meant...;)

Yes, give Jay two recievers, a decent O Line, Jay can be the next Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer (a superbowl winner)

I think it is telling that the vast majority of those who voted to get rid of Jay didn't FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS and explain their vote. Somebody who did follow the instructions actually admitted that it was all about not liking Jay.

Jay needs to stay because he knows the personnel and the offense and because he may well have the best heart/drive of any QB in the game. That is the only way a guy like him gets to start in the NFL for four years. I might not necessarily want him to be our starter this year, but I know I absolutely want him to come off the bench in the event our starter goes down or is ineffective. Look at what he did against the Redskins. That is what Jay can do for the team as the backup. That's good enough for me, and I have to question why it wouldn't be good enough for everybody.

No! We shouldn't waste roster spots on a guy who can't get the job done...
And as a backup he has never shown the durability to show he could last the duration if our starter went down.

Time to draft a QB to groom for the future and take our chances this year with Sage...

He knows the system as well as Jay does because he has been here under Norvs system (the one we are still using) just as long as Jay has.

You don't waste a roster spot on a guy who has shown he isn't capable of running the offense to it's full extent.
Any QB could come in and pass us into a 26th ranking...

With the uncertainty of Feeley it is better to just try someone else.
And add to it what he is getting paid is way too much compared to what he does.
I say we draft and Cut Jay after June 1st to amortize the hit to the cap over two years.
The Jay Fiedler experiment is over and it failed!

I would shudder to think who we would have as a backup at any position if we listened to the advice Asphyx gives above. Where are we going to find reserves who have shown that they can get the job done as a starter? :rolleyes:

I can only imagine how last season would have turned out if we had taken this advice and gone with Griese and Rosenfels...

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
NO WAY!!! We need a starter and unless Sage can step up or we bring in someone else we won't have one. Feeley is not even a very good 3rd stringer. Feeley will make people BEG for Ray Lucas again. Jay will be our starter unless we bring in a FA or draft someone.
MAN give him a couple snaps before you cut him lol

Back
Top Bottom