Votes: 121 51.9%
  • No.

Votes: 93 39.9%
  • Uncertain.

Votes: 19 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Jimmy James
I would shudder to think who we would have as a backup at any position if we listened to the advice Asphyx gives above. Where are we going to find reserves who have shown that they can get the job done as a starter? :rolleyes:

I can only imagine how last season would have turned out if we had taken this advice and gone with Griese and Rosenfels...

Yeah if I was running things then we wouldn't KNOW if they sucked or not...

If you were running things we would KNOW our reserves sucked so the second a starter went down we would KNOW the season was over!

Jay is not a GOOD QB...So why keep him?
Why keep guys on the roster who you KNOW can NOT get the job done!

I'm saying once a guy fails get rid of him and get someone you don't KNOW is going to fail...
You want to keep them around...

So who should we be shuddering in fear if he was in charge...
Me who brings in unknowns who have just as much a chance of being good as being bad or you who would keep scrubs around and not bother to look for better?

Not if/when we draft QB Rivers....as soon as we do (if we do) Fiedler should be traded or cut.

No...it just opens the door for a contoversy. He was basically handed the reins and we all know the "competition" they brought in never had any real chance to start. He was Wanny's guy from Day 1. Feeley deserves the same.

I only wish they wouldn't have given a 2 for Feeley so they could justify taking a Rivers or Losman in the draft.

Originally posted by Asphyx

If you were running things we would KNOW our reserves sucked so the second a starter went down we would KNOW the season was over!

I'm saying once a guy fails get rid of him and get someone you don't KNOW is going to fail...

Me who brings in unknowns who have just as much a chance of being good as being bad or you who would keep scrubs around and not bother to look for better?

Wow, given that scenario I guess Marino wouldn't have lasted that long....

I voted no.

For a reason, go back and watch the first New England game we lost in overtime.

Hint: Jay misses a wide open TD that would have won the game. Brady does not miss.

We need consistent play from our QB. DW seems incapable of assuring Jay will remain the back up. As long as that's the case, I vote for drafting Rivers and signing another back up (Chris Chandler is available and can hit open receivers when they're there).

I've got nothing against Fiedler but he doesn't fit into our system. He'd do much better in a west coast type offense which relies on the mobility of its QB and the short pass - both of which, Fiedler can do well.

A deep ball offense is not the right fit for Fiedler regardless of how many games the defense won despite Fiedler's erratic passing.

I believe we have kept Jay on in case we don't land a good QB in the draft. Come draft day if Rivers falls to us or we go in the direction of another young QB (Losman or Schaub) I think you'll see us let Jay go.

If we can't get a good young QB in the draft (either because he was taken from us or we have other needs to fill), then at least we've still got a back up.

i voted uncertain , cause feely is unknow . we don't know what we're getting with him and we can't take a chance with him this year , yet we know jay will get us some wins but will not take us to the promised land , but then again we need to win now, even with a rookie it most likely won't work unless we hit the jackpot ...and you all know the odds on winning the lotto are ... so like i said i'm not sure .:confused:

One reason for not cutting JF now is the hit on the cap. With the resigning, we take the same cap hit whether we cut him now, after june 1 or in training camp (prior to the seasons start)...

Um...

...I meant to post NO as in GET RID OF FIEDLER. He is a cancer, part of the stench of mediocrity with this team that starts with Wannstedt. Fiedler had 4 years of chances, & we all know as long as wannstedt is coach, he will keep his lover as QB, further continuing the downward spiral..........

CUT JAY FIEDLER

Originally posted by Asphyx

Let's be just a bit realistic here. We're talking about this in the context of a guy who has helped his team to 11, 11, 9, and 10 wins. If you think that sucks, I dare you to go root for the Cards, Bears, or Lions this year. You deserve to know what sucks really means.

There are guys on the roster who aren't fit to be starters because there are injuries in this game, and there is also a cap. If you want a starter-quality player backing up another starter, go watch Yankees baseball. I don't want my football that way. Study the game some time, and maybe you'll understand this topic a bit better.

Fine. Dan Marino failed in 1984. Who did you want to start in 1985? :rolleyes:

I would love to be able to put my all-veteran reserves squad up against your rookie FAs and guys off the street team. Does anybody besides Asphyx think this wouldn't be a laugher in my favor?

i agree , i dont like baseball or respect it. why because they dont have a fair drafting system like football and it seems that all the good players want to go to the skankies!! i dont like them , never did, hate them with a passion!! same as the jets!! there fake and thats all it seems the skanks r! football u cant have starter backing up starter because of a cap and they have a draft that helps the teams who didnt finish as well and gives them a chance to improve, unlike baseball where the skanks r in the world series every freakin year or in contention.. screw that , thats not realistic .. is pisses me off every time i hear about them getting some good player or a player wanting to go to there fake ***!!! your right , i cant stand the bast***S theres no sport like football that gives all the teams an equal chance!!! baseball blows and so does the skanks!!

sorry about the baseball bit!! but some had to bring something up about the skanks!!!

now since i said that i vote yes to keep him until we get some1 to replace him.. ie draft or whatever!!!

When people say that Jay knows the Offense it really blows my mind. Yes, he knows how to run what should be a quality Offense into failure, mediocrity and no playoffs. HE KNOWS THE OFFENSE!! Give me a break. He knows how to miss wide open recievers, he knows how to flutter passes high up in the air and put his recievers in position to get annihilated ( ask Cris Chambers) and he knows how to throw bonehead picks that cost us games. I thought we were ridded of the guy but Wannstedt won't stop with the Fiedler horse****. Why can't we package him with O-Gun and get some first day draft choices get Rivers and some O-Line help and move on. Let A.J. start backed up by Sage until Rivers can come in and be our future. We need a great Q.B. to lead this team and as of now we don't have one. I think A.J. will do a good job for us, why does he need Wannys fair haired boy breathing down his neck?

Back
Top Bottom