• Yes.

Votes: 121 51.9%
  • No.

Votes: 93 39.9%
  • Uncertain.

Votes: 19 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted no for the simple reason ... he would probably be a pretty good back up but If we keep Feeley and Sage then there is no room for Rivers .... wait .... hold on for a second .... I am just thinking if Rivers is available we should draft him .... if he isnt then we should keep Fiedler .... I just believe he will be there so therefore .... drop Fiedler.

Keep Fiedler. It's simple. He's been the starting QB for an organization with fans that constently put pressure on him to leave. But yet, he keeps on going. Doing what ever he can to get the team to win. The long ball is troubling, but we don't need it to win. Look back to the 2002 season before the Broncos game, he was on fire! This year, the oline was awwwful, and the kicker couldn't make 3 important field goals, we could've been 11-5 easy. We should stop bitching about Fiedler, cause in all honesty, he's much better than what he's made out to be, and we don't know squawt about Mr. Feeley. Kee Jay Fiedler.

I FEEL FINE WITH #9!

Originally posted by BSQX4
When people say that Jay knows the Offense it really blows my mind. Yes, he knows how to run what should be a quality Offense into failure, mediocrity and no playoffs. HE KNOWS THE OFFENSE!! Give me a break.

You know who else you should feel this way about? Ricky Williams! 3.5 YPC? That really blows. He's supposed to be a star, but that's not star production! :rolleyes:

Oh, wait, let me guess, it was all Jay's fault that Ricky wasn't more effective. It was even his fault that Ricky put up 69, 36, 37, and 105 yards in the 4 games that Jay didn't play in! It couldn't possibly have been the OLine last year. :rolleyes:

Prior to 2003, Jay gave this team three years of improving numbers, 2 straight seasons in the playoffs, and the potential for a truly great season in 2002 up until Ray Lucas went and ruined the year for everybody. He did this with Lamar Smith at RB two years and Gadsden as his leading receiver one of those years. You bitter-*** fans who have to put blame one person for what is a team failure to achieve what we want are really starting to piss me off.

NO. Jay is a plentifully qualified backup, but I wish the FO would commit to moving in a new direction at the QB position by getting rid of him.

Originally posted by wonderl33t
NO. Jay is a plentifully qualified backup, but I wish the FO would commit to moving in a new direction at the QB position by getting rid of him.

Do you want to do this even if it means a 6-10 season because our QB play is woefully inadequate during the transition? I don't want to see that sort of year (which is part of why I'm on the other side of the issue), but I could respect this position taken by people who are willing to live with the potential consequences.

The one thing about this I'll say is that if the team did decide to go that way from a GM perspective, it would make it really tough to build a good faith case to fire Dave based on this year. That seems to be Wayne's standard...

I voted no.
I am uncomfortable having a demoted starter, who was as best mediocre, and has been unable to do the most import quality abackup quarterback needs to do, throw effective throws in bad conditions. Also keeping him around may in effect weaken the commitment toward the new quarterback. Having him around, with the coach who to his own detriment has comepletely backed him, with his agent yapping for more playing time is a bad distraction.
Truthfully the best Dolphin scenario is for Fiedler to go to another team for a year or two, be humbled as a backup, then return.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Do you want to do this even if it means a 6-10 season because our QB play is woefully inadequate during the transition? I don't want to see that sort of year (which is part of why I'm on the other side of the issue), but I could respect this position taken by people who are willing to live with the potential consequences.

The one thing about this I'll say is that if the team did decide to go that way from a GM perspective, it would make it really tough to build a good faith case to fire Dave based on this year. That seems to be Wayne's standard...

Our QB position has been woefully inadequate. Even if Jay can play a few solid games, he is either having a bad game or out with an injury the rest of the time.

Let's get this on the record, then:

wonderl33t, you are saying that Jay is the worst that our QB position can get. That means Joe Homeless could come in and lead the team to at least the team's worst 9-7 record with Jay as the #1 QB. It's just not possible for the Dolphins to have an even .500 season, even with Ray Lucas at the helm.

Is this accurate? I mean, I would hate to come back to this in the unlikely event that this season comes crashing down without giving you an opportunity to affirm that this is really what you mean...

Fiedler should stay and compete for the starting job....AJ is no guarantee...

Get rid of him!!! The guy has won, I will give him that. But the Fins will never be great with him. They are good now but not great. He does not have the physical skills to play and though he is a smart guy, he plays like a dumba$$ on the field. Just get rid of him so that there is no controversy and things will be fine.

Many people are saying that Jay will be a good back up. I think that if he has to start a game or a few for that matter that we could win those games. But I'm not so sure that he's the type of guy that can actually come off the bench in the second half and rally the team. Starting a few games when the starter is out and coming off the bench are 2 different things. Don Strock was the best at coming off the bench.

Ozzyrules!!

Jimmy, we both love the team and want them to right the ship, make the Playoffs and kick some major butt. Which ever side of the Fiedler situation you are standing there's no reason to get pissed. I rooted my heart out for Fiedler every snap he ever took as a Dolphin. When he saved the day against the Redskins I loved him. When he beat the heck out of the Cowboys I loved it. The problem is, after giving this guy the key to the Offense for 4 years is that love him or hate him you have to admit he is inconsistent. That my loyal friend is a killer. You never know what Fiedler is going to show up. He is injury prone and that isn't good either. So I feel a Quarterback change is needed on the grounds that we have failed to improve under Jay. The worst of it is we aren't going to carry 4 Q.B s so with Jay on the team we will not draft Phillip Rivers even if we have a chance. I want an elite Q.B. leading my favorite team and Fiedler is in the bottom third talent wise in the N.F.L. In our own division who is Jay better than? Brady?, Pennington?, Bledsoe? Manning isn't in the division anymore but just think of the difference in talent between Manning and Fiedler. I respect your right to voice your opinion but look at some of what I'm saying with an open mind.

Back
Top Bottom