Poll: Worse player - Pat White vs. Naanee | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Worse player - Pat White vs. Naanee

Who tarnished the franchise more?

• Pat White

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Naanee

Votes: 56 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you not have anything better to do than sit here and bash and poll 2 players that aren't even on the roster anymore? Spam forum.

Do you not have anything better to do than sit here and bash and poll 2 players that aren't even on the roster anymore? Spam forum.

While sitting in a boring University lecture? No, I really dont :)

Neither "Tarnished" the franchise. They were more like non-factors.

This is my take on it. There are actually 2 questions being asked in this thread:

1) Who tarnished the franchise more? Pat White. Spent a 2nd round pick on a bust.

2) Worse player? Definitely Noonoo. At least Pat White had a couple first down conversions for us.

Leg has over 1000 receiving yards and also has 4 TD's in his career. Pat White.......not so much.........Pat White wins the sucktitude contest easily

Must have missed this in a dolphins kit :ponder:

I voted Nanee as the worst player although he was a small risk, high potential reward inexpensive acquisition vs wasting a 2nd on wee Patty White.

Did so because Leggo did nothing since he's been here at least that I can see dating back to exhibitiion season and has been getting a free ride at the expense of a Matthews or Hogan. Maybe we wouldn't have cut Cunningham who was snatched up for the Eagles PS squad immediately so in that respect he may have cost us exposure to another promising WR or two.

OTOH, White was miscast, a poor choice, but he was a fine young man who reflected well on the organization rather than "tarnishing" it. I remember during a veterans honoring ceremony upiin Foxboro, he's the only one who shook each of the military's hands and thanked them for their service. He tried his hardest, but unfortunately it wasn't near good enough and I wish him the best whatever he ends up doing.

This all depends how you look at it. (being it's kind of asked 2 different ways) Did anybody really know what White may do in the NFL? With LN we had tape to look at, should have known what he was about. PW at least seemed to have promise in the Wildcat back then.
If we are asking worst pick up...then yeah, White and his 2nd round price tag. This title just says worst player though. In those terms I give it to Naanee. At least catch a dang ball. White wasn't hired/drafted to be starter, just a gimmick guy.
Now when the question then reads who tarnished the franchise more. yeah, it would be the PICK of Pat White, not White himself.

Only to those that nicknamed Patty and the 'WildPat' before he played a down in the NFL. Others heard his name read at the draft, and knew right then and right there....BUST.

Its Pat White, we didnt use any Draft picks on LEGADUDU

I voted Nanee as the worst player although he was a small risk, high potential reward inexpensive acquisition vs wasting a 2nd on wee Patty White.

Did so because Leggo did nothing since he's been here at least that I can see dating back to exhibitiion season and has been getting a free ride at the expense of a Matthews or Hogan. Maybe we wouldn't have cut Cunningham who was snatched up for the Eagles PS squad immediately so in that respect he may have cost us exposure to another promising WR or two.

OTOH, White was miscast, a poor choice, but he was a fine young man who reflected well on the organization rather than "tarnishing" it. I remember during a veterans honoring ceremony upiin Foxboro, he's the only one who shook each of the military's hands and thanked them for their service. He tried his hardest, but unfortunately it wasn't near good enough and I wish him the best whatever he ends up doing.

yep Pat tried hard, except for refusing to switch to WR.

I think the answer is Pat not just because he was a 2nd round pick, but because we drafted him to be a weapon.

Legadu was signed to a 1 year contract with the expectations of him being camp fodder but he showed well during OTAs, OchoCinco had his episode, and Hartline had injuries. He wasn't signed to be a weapon and he had been known as a solid 3/4 WR in San Diego.

Pat White was drafted to add another dimension to the Wildcat, but he never looked good. Hell, even Legadu had a couple catches in the preseason, White looked terrible against the 5th and 6th stringers. Plus that added dimension with him in the Wildcat? Turned into Pat handing the ball off in the shotgun. And I'll never forget him throwing a three yard pass into the dirt when the RB had NOBODY around him.

At least Pat White got us a couple of first downs in that "Pistol" formation we ran a couple of times. Too bad we lost a 2nd rd. pick on him. Naanee did absolutely nothing but fumble his only touch.

Back
Top Bottom