Possible new Kickoff and Onside rules (Crossman pay attention!😂) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible new Kickoff and Onside rules (Crossman pay attention!😂)

I was hoping they would revert to the old rules. I should have known better. This is getting stupid.

Go back to being able to make an onside kick whenever you want + go back to the running start. I don’t recall crazy injuries on these plays. Could be wrong.

Agree.

As far as football being dangerous, the warning label on helmets basically says not to play. Serious injury or even death can occur. This isn't new. Common sense should tell you that hurling your body into another person moving at full speed isn't going to be great on your body. I understand trying to protect players, but this is getting ridiculous.

I don't know, but I suspect there has been an increase in injuries since they instituted rules on contact against QB's, etc. Defensive players played the game for years constantly being told to play until the whistle and to hit hard. Suddenly, they are told to let up if they get to the QB. The body physics alone (full speed then a near stop) means your are susceptible to a tear, sprain, or worse.

Agree.

As far as football being dangerous, the warning label on helmets basically says not to play. Serious injury or even death can occur. This isn't new. Common sense should tell you that hurling your body into another person moving at full speed isn't going to be great on your body. I understand trying to protect players, but this is getting ridiculous.

I don't know, but I suspect there has been an increase in injuries since they instituted rules on contact against QB's, etc. Defensive players played the game for years constantly being told to play until the whistle and to hit hard. Suddenly, they are told to let up if they get to the QB. The body physics alone (full speed then a near stop) means your are susceptible to a tear, sprain, or worse.
Remember when our DE (what was his name - a veteran we signed as a FA) sacked the QB, and tried not to land on him / hold up and in doing so he tore his knee? Last name was Hayes. He was trying to move in a way that wasn’t normal so that he didn’t land on the guy. He got a 15 yard penalty anyway + career over as he wasn’t coming back from the injury in his mid - 30’s.

Remember when our DE (what was his name - a veteran we signed as a FA) sacked the QB, and tried not to land on him / hold up and in doing so he tore his knee? Last name was Hayes. He was trying to move in a way that wasn’t normal so that he didn’t land on the guy. He got a 15 yard penalty anyway + career over as he wasn’t coming back from the injury in his mid - 30’s.
Yep. I remember.

So, if you don't kick it out of the endzone, the kicking team has to stand on the 35 yard line until the ball is either touched or reaches the target zone? Best be kicking it out of the endzone if you don't want the other team consistently starting at the 40 yard line or better. And good God, the amount of offsides flags on the kicking team will be outrageous!!!

I hate these possible new rules. Yet I also liked the game a lot more the way it was played 30 or more years ago. .

It appears that the way the game is headed with all the new rules, it isn’t only the pro bowl game that will be flag football. I won’t be surprised at all if the NFL turns into a flag football league in the future.

imagine crossman having to figure out how to do this? over/under on how many return TDs we give up now the first few games of the season until crossman can watch tape on the other teams that actually figured out how to do it right?

Back
Top Bottom