Possible Offensive Coordinators | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Offensive Coordinators

Realistically what OC wants to come to this team now, because the HC is only going to be here 1 year, so who would take a job knowing that its for 1 year. Once the HC leaves the new HC usually cleans house and picks his own guys....So I think we will not get a good OC for next year....Oh no we suck again.........

I agree. We will hire David Lee (more wildcat) or Karl Dorrell as OC...not sure who we'll get to fill their spots. It's a bad situation we have now thanks to the very public coaching search we had that came up completely empty. Everyone now knows it's win big or gone for Sparano and the fact that we still have Chad Henne just makes it even less likely this team turns it around. I also have a hard time believing free agents will come here wanting to play for Sparano after all the players that called him and his coaching style out.

Then you have Jeff Ireland who asked a player if his mom was a prostitute then goes behind the coaches back to try and find a new coach while deflecting the blame for all of the problems from himself. Ireland's reputation among potential free agents can't be good. Should be a real fun working relationship between Ireland and Sparano this coming season. I guess Ireland can just draft O-line in the upcoming draft and if they don't pan out he can blame Sparano and tell Ross he drafted the right guys it was the coach that screwed them up. That way he can keep his job next year after Sparano is fired.

What OC that could possibly make the jump converting to HC in a year, will uproot his family to make a move for a probable lame duck coach? Its going to be a hard sell for a decent OC, nevermind a good one.

I said it before they will have to offer TS a contract extension to draw OC interest.

What OC that could possibly make the jump converting to HC in a year, will uproot his family to make a move for a probable lame duck coach? Its going to be a hard sell for a decent OC, nevermind a good one.

I dont have time to list all of the coaches/assistants in the NFL and the college level that would jump at the chance to be an OC. Sparano is not a lame duck. If he succeeds this year, I can see an extension being offered. With all the HC firings this year, there will be a lot of movement when the new HC positions are filled.

I dont have time to list all of the coaches/assistants in the NFL and the college level that would jump at the chance to be an OC. Sparano is not a lame duck. If he succeeds this year, I can see an extension being offered. With all the HC firings this year, there will be a lot of movement when the new HC positions are filled.

I don't think you are right, but we'll see. It's definitely a harder sell than you are making it out. If they promote from within, you have to say better OC's out there refused the job because they believe TS is on his way out.

If we hire Mike Leach should we go ahead and purchase a nice dark shed to put inside the bubble for his troubled players?

Josh McDaniels??? He and Brandon Marshall do not get along at all....that is all this franchise needs. But then again looking at the way they just handled the HC job, I won't be surprised at all.

Can't imagine after watching this giant turd of a coaching search take place that any body any good would say yes to come her for one year. The last couple of years this organization is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL and sucks. The stadium is a joke to see on tv and if Miami execs that it was a joke this year wait til next year. 2011 is going to be a train wreck and no quality coach looking for a move up the ladder is going to even consider coming to Miami. Might as well like Brandon Marshall call the plays next year. At least they moved the ball when he did.

i don't care any more, another year of fg's and we are going to suck again

Sparano / Ireland have obviously pitched something of drastic nature with the offense for Ross to retain them. Henning is obviously gone.

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that TS was an offensive coordinator in college and even called plays in Dallas before Jason Garrett became offensive coordinator. What is to say that he doesn't take on dual responsibility now that Henning is gone to show what he can do? Not sure if any of you guys have worked with someone like "Henning" where they are at the end of their respectable careers and it is hard to call them out or change what their philosophy is to be more in line with yours, but its not easy. Maybe Sparano couldn't rock the boat in that way. He has one year to show something obviously whether they get an OC in there or not.

yeah, what good o cordinator is going to come work for a HC that will be here 1 season, for an owner that doesn't know how to properly conduct business in the nfl, plus the impending work stoppage... this is a bad situation anyway you twist it.

we need Andy Cohen to try and write a positive piece on this garbage..

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that TS was an offensive coordinator in college and even called plays in Dallas before Jason Garrett became offensive coordinator. What is to say that he doesn't take on dual responsibility now that Henning is gone to show what he can do?

he was okay with draw plays at the end of the half instead of hail mary's because one game the skins threw a hail mary that was picked off and "ALMOST" ended up a td the other way. so he felt the safer bet was a draw play and go into a half losing. this is not a man I want calling my plays, and it's definitely not a man I want running my team.

The main thing is that Sparano and Ireland pitched SOMETHING of a fix to the offense to keep their jobs, so we all have to hope it is something drastic and smart.

I am not confident.

Back
Top Bottom