Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Sort of.

3 passes.
past 2 drafts IMO they nailed with the exception of Caroo. Parker was a great pick regardless of how he turns out, potential is there. same as Phillips. Tunsil was like a dream scenario. Howard was a great pick and personally I like Drake. I'm not getting upset with late picks not working out. day 3 is a crapshoot.

I think you should keep an eye on Jordan Lucas. the potential is there, he just needs time

So I know Truth and co have done a great job of keeping up with everybody we've met with during the process. Here's a list of confirmed private visitors that I got from Walter Football. Any missing? I'm not talking workout at pro days but guys who are coming to Davie

Isaac Asiata, G/C, Utah
Jonathan Calvin, DE, Mississippi State
Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
Shaquil Griffin, CB, UCF
Josh Jones, S, N.C. State
Raekwon McMillan, ILB
Deatrich Wise Jr., DE/3-4OLB, Arkansas

We have also done private workouts with the following..
Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
Malik McDowell, DT/3-4DE, Michigan State

And have also met with Jordan Willis and Chris Wormley multiple times

So I know Truth and co have done a great job of keeping up with everybody we've met with during the process. Here's a list of confirmed private visitors that I got from Walter Football. Any missing? I'm not talking workout at pro days but guys who are coming to Davie

Isaac Asiata, G/C, Utah
Shaquil Griffin, CB, UCF
Raekwon McMillan, ILB

Dan Feeney, G, Indiana

There are more.. in his therad and other places posted in the forum.

Isaac Asiata, G/C, Utah
Shaquil Griffin, CB, UCF
Raekwon McMillan, ILB

Dan Feeney, G, Indiana

from Albert,

7m
Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL
Missouri State linebacker Dylan Cole to visit Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, according to a source

I assume that means he is coming to Miami

To be honest, the concussions would scare me away from Walker. I wouldn't look at him until the 6th or 7th round for that reason, and we don't have a 6th rd pick. I wouldn't chance wasting one of our 5s on him. I do think we should be targeting a DT in the 5th for developmental purposes even if it is a bad draft at the position.

Simon Clancy‏ @SiClancy 1m1 minute ago
Dolphins also showing strong interest in Southern Illinois LB Chase Allen who is headed to Davie for a visit. He ran a 4.5 forty at 251lbs.

Simon Clancy‏ @SiClancy 10m10 minutes ago
The Dolphins continue to show significant interest in Baylor C/G Kyle Fuller, flying in to work him out again. Strong & serious R5 target.

Simon Clancy‏ @SiClancy 4m4 minutes ago
Can also confirm strong Miami interest in CB/S Chidobe Awuzie of Colorado, a legitimate target at 22.

past 2 drafts IMO they nailed with the exception of Caroo. Parker was a great pick regardless of how he turns out, potential is there. same as Phillips. Tunsil was like a dream scenario. Howard was a great pick and personally I like Drake. I'm not getting upset with late picks not working out. day 3 is a crapshoot.

I think you should keep an eye on Jordan Lucas. the potential is there, he just needs time

This doesn't really make any sense, who cares about potential, Dion Jordan had loads of it. The player either lives up to a top 15 pick or he doesn't.

Dolphins also showing strong interest in Southern Illinois LB Chase Allen who is headed to Davie for a visit. He ran a 4.5 forty at 251lbs.

The Dolphins continue to show significant interest in Baylor C/G Kyle Fuller, flying in to work him out again. Strong & serious R5 target.

Can also confirm strong Miami interest in CB/S Chidobe Awuzie of Colorado, a legitimate target at 22.

I like Awuzie, but not at 22. Seems way to early for him and where's the day one fit with Howard, Maxwell and Lippett? He could be a rookie starter for Miami, but could also be the 4th corner if it takes a minute for him to adapt. He has good size and can play some in the slot too, which I like.

This doesn't really make any sense, who cares about potential, Dion Jordan had loads of it. The player either lives up to a top 15 pick or he doesn't.

You do have a point but we also gave 2nd rounder to take Jordan, where with Parker and Tunsil no additional assets were given and I must add both of these players have actually have made some contributions on field.

I like Awuzie, but not at 22. Seems way to early for him and where's the day one fit with Howard, Maxwell and Lippett? He could be a rookie starter for Miami, but could also be the 4th corner if it takes a minute for him to adapt. He has good size and can play some in the slot too, which I like.

Ya not sure why Clancy has him as a possible 22 pick.

:err: That's disconcerting if true. There's easily 10 better CBs. He's a 3rd rd prospect but I could see us reaching in the 2nd due to his physical press abilities. But hell no at #22.

:err: That's disconcerting if true. There's easily 10 better CBs. He's a 3rd rd prospect but I could see us reaching in the 2nd due to his physical press abilities. But hell no at #22.

Do you think we may take a CB if all the ends are gone? That would assume that a high rated one is still on the board?

I hope we take a nickle corner later also.

Do you think we may take a CB if all the ends are gone? That would assume that a high rated one is still on the board?

I hope we take a nickle corner later also.

I could definitely see that.

I was real curious as to how may defensive snaps we spent in base vs subpackages last year so I just started a few evenings ago to chart it out. I had assumptions that we used nickel a lot early but then were forced into our base more often due to our inability to stop the run.

I've only done the Seattle and NE games but so far the former holds true as we were in Nickel 66% (108/162) in the first two weeks compared to 29% (47/162) in base. It's a little skewed in that Seattle had major offensive line issues early so the put Wilson almost exclusively in shotgun and heavily used 11 personnel, but nonetheless that where it's at for the first two games.

I agree not at 22, but i really like Awuzie. I definitely don't have 10 ranked ahead of him. I'm curious about your opinion and 3rd round grade, since i know you put the time in and don't just use grades from others.

I think he can start in the slot Day 1 and also play some on the outside if needed. He shadows WRs extremely well and can play press or off. His tackling/run support is his biggest weakness.

I do like the interest in Kyler Fuller. I think he could add nice depth late at C/G.

Back
Top Bottom