Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

give me Corn at the tail end of the 3rd

Elder would be a very good selection to fulfill our slot CB needs and also plays very well vs the run. I see him more of a mid-late 4th, but I'd be on board using our comp 3 on him.

What have we learned so far ? 2 things;

1- that the New England Patsies are after the only thing Miami has hung their heads on so far for the past 40some years- unbeaten season record. They came close in 2007 but fell short, this time Bill Belicheat is wiling to give it all he has. He and Tom Boy Brady want to retire together and at the highest level. He wants everything Don has and he will do anything to get them.

2- I seriously think our Miami Dolphins are trying to turn the corner, they are doing exactly the opposite of what they used to do. And that is throwing big money at free agents. They're keeping their own players, specifically, the ones that fits what they are trying to do. I hate doing the mock draft stuff but I believe Hassan Redick should be the pick at 22. For many reasons, 1, he replaces Misi. 2. he is the blitzer, the cover and the run stopper Miami desperately needs. Finally, he along with Timmons and Kiko would give Miami the best Linebacking trio we'ven't seen in quite a while. if the team get one more guard and the Lb position sorted out, they could win 2 more games than they did last year. Go PHINS!

They've gotta go through Miami to do it no matter what. Thats beautiful. Chicago probably would like to chime in here somewhere.

Lately, Malik McDowell has been making me ponder. We could use him at end on running downs, he can penetrate up the middle as a DT, he plays the run very well and I feel like once he gets some better technique this guy could be a very solid pick up. 6'6 295 and very long arms which he uses pretty well. For everyone wanting Calais Campbell he seems like he's that type of player. McDowell, Phillips, Suh, Hayes with Branch at SAM, which he did play a fair amount of last year, could be a formidable front to keep the run game in check.

[video=youtube_share;lLi9wY9C8rM]https://youtu.be/lLi9wY9C8rM[/video]

I know Miami wants to upgrade the slot, but Awuzie at 22 is just gross. Good player and athlete - has more career tackles, TFL, and sacks than R. Foster. But, he's not sticky or a playmaker in coverage, and he's nowhere near as physical as his stats suggest. He wouldn't be my first choice at 54, but I could live with it. 22? GTFO

Agreed. The only corner I'd consider at 22 is Conley. That's obviously excluding Lattimore.

From NFLTradeRumors.co
- The Dolphins have reportedly spent “significant time” with Connecticut’s Obi Melifonwu.

:up:

Just saying, Obi's a DB and the size of Brandon Marshall only he runs a 4.4 and jumps higher and further (Obi topped the vertical and the broad jumps at the Combine). It is appropriate for Miami to thoroughly check him out because he is an athletic freak (at a position of need - Free Safety). BTW - UConn have a good track record of developing DBs e.g. Byron Jones at the Cowboys drafted 2 years ago who also topped the vertical and set a world record in the standing broad jump.

Other interesting thing about Melifonwu is that he was born in England of Nigerian heritage - just like Jay Ajayi.

Last edited by a moderator:
From NFLTradeRumors.co
- The Dolphins have reportedly spent “significant time” with Connecticut’s Obi Melifonwu.

Just saying, Obi's a DB and the size of Brandon Marshall only he runs a 4.4 and jumps further (Obi topped the vertical and the broad jump). It is appropriate for Miami to thoroughly check him out because he is an athletic freak (and a Free Safety). BTW - UConn have a good track record of developing DBs e.g. Byron Jones at the Cowboys drafted 2 years ago who also topped the vertical and set a world record in the broad jump.

Never saw him play, but his measurables are amazing.

spiketex said:
From NFLTradeRumors.co

Just saying, Obi's a DB and the size of Brandon Marshall only he runs a 4.4 and jumps higher and further (Obi topped the vertical and the broad jumps at the Combine). It is appropriate for Miami to thoroughly check him out because he is an athletic freak (at a position of need - Free Safety). BTW - UConn have a good track record of developing DBs e.g. Byron Jones at the Cowboys drafted 2 years ago who also topped the vertical and set a world record in the standing broad jump.

Other interesting thing about Melifonwu is that he was born in England of Nigerian heritage - just like Jay Ajayi.

If this happens, I wouldn't be ecstatic...but I wouldn't be sad either. Maxwell...thanks for everything, but your money can help pay for Landry and maybe a Hankins next off season.

If this happens, I wouldn't be ecstatic...but I wouldn't be sad either. Maxwell...thanks for everything, but your money can help pay for Landry and maybe a Hankins next off season.

Except he would likely be here as a free safety ...

Except he would likely be here as a free safety ...

He played some CB at the Senior Bowl but mainly to show his versatility. Overall he fits the definition of an interchangeable safety and therefore our preference at the position. I'm very intrigued by him and though #22 is steep for him (considered a 40-50 top prospect) he wont last until #54.

Obi's primary value, imo, is as a match-up piece for athletic TE's and big WR's. As a Safety he doesn't see the field very well, is slow to react, and he's not physical - bordering on soft. He's also older than ideal. Mixed-bag player/elite athlete.

Obi's primary value, imo, is as a match-up piece for athletic TE's and big WR's. As a Safety he doesn't see the field very well, is slow to react, and he's not physical - bordering on soft. He's also older than ideal. Mixed-bag player/elite athlete.

I have heard the undesirable assertion, "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" associated with him. Definitely an appropriate mixed bag as you said.

Back
Top Bottom