Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

I agree not at 22, but i really like Awuzie. I definitely don't have 10 ranked ahead of him. I'm curious about your opinion and 3rd round grade, since i know you put the time in and don't just use grades from others.

I think he can start in the slot Day 1 and also play some on the outside if needed. He shadows WRs extremely well and can play press or off. His tackling/run support is his biggest weakness.

I do like the interest in Kyler Fuller. I think he could add nice depth late at C/G.

I'm not nearly as informed about the draft as many around here. We've got some excellent draft gurus at FH.

My take though is he played in a very zone heavy scheme and lacks man coverage skills. Man coverage for the slot is needed b/c not only are slot WRs more talented and polished than they ever have been. In pattern match coverage if a receiver goes vertical thru your area typically he's yours and you have to carry him upfield and Awuzie lacks speed on vertical routes - crossers even. His press ability is very impressive as his versatility to play special teams but he's not a physical presence vs the run which I see as important being that teams are now in Nickel far more than base these days so it's needed from CBs more than ever. He also seems very smart and aware. That's always a big plus. I really don't see the 3rd rd projection as a bad thing it's just he falls outside the top 60-65 on the overall big board.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are probably drafting a nickel cornerback who's an upgrade on Bobby McCain in one of the rounds. Getting a look at Awuzie in case he drops. BTW - Mayock rates him highly.

Nobody thinks we should draft Dalvin Cook or Deshaun Watson?

post-30325-bunk-moreland-cigar-gif-Imgur-weiW.gif

I know Miami wants to upgrade the slot, but Awuzie at 22 is just gross. Good player and athlete - has more career tackles, TFL, and sacks than R. Foster. But, he's not sticky or a playmaker in coverage, and he's nowhere near as physical as his stats suggest. He wouldn't be my first choice at 54, but I could live with it. 22? GTFO

I know Miami wants to upgrade the slot, but Awuzie at 22 is just gross. Good player and athlete - has more career tackles, TFL, and sacks than R. Foster. But, he's not sticky or a playmaker in coverage, and he's nowhere near as physical as his stats suggest. He wouldn't be my first choice at 54, but I could live with it. 22? GTFO

give me Corn at the tail end of the 3rd

give me Corn at the tail end of the 3rd

Corn is a gamer. Grity & high effort. Probably my favorite player I've watched so far. He may be undersized for the boundary, but he doesn't play like it. Good tackler too. Just wants to hit someone, even has a ST gunner.

Back
Top Bottom