16 FS Zack Bronson 49ers 30 4.60
17 LT Bob Whitfield Falcons 31 4.60
18 QB Charlie Batch Steelers 29 4.55
19 RB Trung Canidate Redskins 27 4.55
20 SS Robert Griffith Browns 33 4.55
21 CB Tyrone Williams Falcons 31 4.35

a Tatonka find

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/2004FA/junecuts.htm

MLB Jeremiah Trotter Redskins 27 ... a perfect fit for Miami...we need depth really bad at LB, especially MLB. And he is still young and got at least 5 years, minus any major injuries.

The Price Right! Come on Down....
OLB Jason Gildon Steelers 32 ... A little old, but for a one and done type deal, should really work out well.

Jeremiah Trotter is a bad fit for Miami. He's a freelancer. He sucked with the Redskins because he couldnt do what he did in Philly. Which is the same case here.

I'd personally look at Middleton, Walker, and Bronson.

-Everyone will jump at Trotter and Gildon, as a result I doubt we'll be able to afford either...Also chances are these guys would compete for a starting job on some teams, therefore why would they prefer to come in as backups for us ?
-I don't see why Trent Dilfer would be cut. Is his cap number that high ? IMO Seattle's got a great QB situation with the young Hasselbeck and veteran Dilfer, I don't see why they'd change that.

Why will Trotter be cut? Isn't he their starter? Would he come to Miami to be a back-up/sometime starter?

Middleton and/or Walker are young vets who could use a change of scenery. Middleton is particulary attractive in that he is a guard.

Does Sullivan think he could "reclaim" Terrell. The guy has loads of talent but has not lived up to his billing. Could a better coach get a better result?

Personally no one on that list really interests me. Most are in the twilight of their careers, and the ones that are not have been busts. We have been lucky with players that are "busts" so far but eventually we will get burned so lets stay away from these guys. That being said I would possibly be interested in Terrell BUT only at the minimum, for the simple fact that we have a very good WR coach and maybe he could turn around this guys career. If not we can cut him with no real cap hit.

I would look at Middleton and would see if Whitfield is interested in playing for a year as a backup. If Damion McIntosh goes on the PUP list we currently have nobody for the first 6 games who could adequately step in for Wade Smith if he should go down with injury.

Ohiophinphan said:
Why will Trotter be cut? Isn't he their starter? Would he come to Miami to be a back-up/sometime starter?

Middleton and/or Walker are young vets who could use a change of scenery. Middleton is particulary attractive in that he is a guard.

Does Sullivan think he could "reclaim" Terrell. The guy has loads of talent but has not lived up to his billing. Could a better coach get a better result?
Trotter hasn't lived up to expectations there, and the Skins need to dump some salary due to all the big contracts they gave out this year. Gibbs has already said he'll be cut or traded (if they get any offers). I doubt he'll come here as a backup, especially when other teams have starting jobs available, like Seattle or maybe Philly.

We get Middleton.......

Can you say: "Kick *** offensive line."

And how bout: "Ricky has 2000 yards."

Please save us from the Kenyatta Walker talk. Has anyone watched this guy play. I actually watched him get 3 face mask panalties in one game because the only way he could block the DE was to pull him down with a face mask.

Quick summary: He stinks.

Section126 said:
We get Middleton.......

Can you say: "Kick *** offensive line."

And how bout: "Ricky has 2000 yards."

In the past two days, I find myself agreeing with Section126 more and more.

I am scared! :D

Back
Top Bottom