Pouncey Is Our Best Lineman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey Is Our Best Lineman

Maybe we should ask Gase who is the best play caller in this league???

If his answer is - himself... Then we can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

This will probably come as a shock to all the resident FH experts, but our coaches constantly grade the performance of every player and unlike PFF they happen to know the assignments that each player was meant to perform. When Coach Gase states that Pouncey is our best performed O-lineman and James is #2, why is he automatically wrong?

Pouncey might be the best when using the team's internal evaluation system for O-line which likely includes a technique metric. I remember the coaches harping on James in the offseason to not only carry out his assignments, but do it as it was taught. I think it came up again a couple of weeks ago when James was talking about how the O-line was doing things differently from last year, and he was a little confused about why a change was made. James seems to resist the changes in technique the coaches want him to adopt.

Worst case scenario with Tunsil is that you have one of the guards spots filled. That's how I see it.

James being out kills us and is so important that it essentially ends the season. Sam Young is total garbage. I bet Pouncey is our best lineman which isn't saying much at this point. I still believe Tunsil will be fine. Our offense has been a total mess this year so it's hard to blame one person. Tunsil looked pretty good last game even against Mack. It's still his "rookie" year at LT which is nothing like LG (I thought he has a good year). I also don't believe it's a total coincidence once our RB who "couldn't" block gets traded and the line allow looks light years ahead of where it was. With the help of the line play and the new Rbs, Cutler won Fedex Air Player of the week lol

This will probably come as a shock to all the resident FH experts, but our coaches constantly grade the performance of every player and unlike PFF they happen to know the assignments that each player was meant to perform. When Coach Gase states that Pouncey is our best performed O-lineman and James is #2, why is he automatically wrong?

Ya even if you don't like Gase, the man knows how his players are performing while doing so very thoroughly. Gase is too invested into this franchise to not know everything there is about his guys. Whether some believe he's right or not is up to that specific person. Although, I trust a professional coaching staff over PFF. Howard being the 104th CB is all I need to see to discredit their calculations lol

I'm starting to believe in the curse. I think it is being brought on by blind homerism.

Anyone who is paying attention can clearly see that Gase is outright lying to buckup his de facto OL leader. Only thing is; Pouncey shouldn't even be on this team. He should have already been released or traded, and a new real leader should have replaced him.

It is so time to move on from this dysfunctional FO/coaching staff/owner.

Can't buy into what any member of the Dolphins organization has to say about the OL. These are the same guys who were sold on this group going into the season. Says all.
What someone believes and what someone says publicly are two different things.

Back
Top Bottom