Pouncey says the team got the message | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey says the team got the message

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Pouncey said today that the locker room understands Gase means business, and players who want to remain in Miami had better buy in to what he’s doing.

“He said, ‘This is where we’re at, this is where we’re going to go; if you’re not on board, you’re going to be the hell out of there,’” Pouncey said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

“It sucks. It could be any one of us. Jay was really good to us,” Pouncey said.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-pouncey-says-dolphins-got-211638204.html

"The way guys came out and practiced today, the attention to detail was awesome. If we want to win football games, that's the way we've got to practice the rest of the year."
- Mike Pouncey saw a nice vibe at practice.

"I have no true doubt in my mind that I will be here and that has been the plan all along."
- Jarvis Landry made it clear his goal is to remain with the Dolphins for the long term

"Anytime you lose, you get back to the basics, the fundamentals of things, and just try to get all the details right so we can execute on Sundays."
- Kenny Stills is looking to see how the team bounces back from the Baltimore loss.

"We had a lot of energy. Guys were flying around out there. We had a little mini bye, so guys were a little fresher. It was good to be out there finally after this long weekend and have a little fun."
- Jarvis Landry liked the energy at practice.

"We're all professional athletes. We're here for one reason and that's to play football. Whenever we show up on Sunday or whatever day the game is on, you need to be fully prepared."
- Mike Pouncey said he and his teammates understand the need to be prepared.

http://m.miamidolphins.com/news/art...-Oakland/b7afdec5-1dcb-41c7-96ca-2474f1f19d3e

Pouncey said into the reporter's microphone that the team got the message. He then immediately tripped and was impaled by the microphone. He is listed as doubtful for the remainder of his career unless he signs with the Patriots, in which case he immediately becomes an all-pro.

Don't get suckered by the offseason. That should always be the message from articles like that. Every time there are May articles about extra dedication from the players, how much they are working together and in sync, determined to make this the breakthrough season, you have to laugh and toss it out. I never knew fans actually cared about that offseason false hype because I was always busy with golf matchups and Triple Crown horse races.

So maybe this is the paranoid conspiracy theorists in me but...

What if this was Pouncey sarcastically saying the team got the message, that no loyalty or back breaking work loads will be rewarded. Get run into 8 man boxes all game and your still expected to break 4 yards per carry. Maybe the thought was that the team doesn't appreciate the work and impossible situations they are being put in.

What are the chances?

Back
Top Bottom