Practice Updates 8/28 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Updates 8/28

Obviously nothing is ever certain but if Miami can in fact sweep Buffalo/NYJ, they'd have to go .500 with the rest of the schedule to have a playoff shot. Can they do it?

I'd look toward the home games first to try and hypothesize. Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Oakland, and Denver. 3 of those 4 teams have elite players at the skill position so the defense will need to be up to snuff. On the road they have LAC, Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, and Kansas City. LAC they can beat but I'm indecisive about the others. They don't seem to be able to beat Baltimore, Atlanta will probably throw on them all day, Carolina is a question mark based on how Newton will look (plus McCaffrey might make a difference), and at Kansas City on Xmas Eve will be difficult (look at what they did to Denver there last year).

I'm not really optimistic about their chances. We'll see.

Don't worry, Cutler will force them often.

ZdorovKirillVladimirovich_0.jpg

url

Last edited:
Dolphins take 4/4 against the Jets and Bills and get lucky and split the Pats (we usually do) then all we have to do is go .500 the rest of the way to a 10-6 season.

Adam Gase has "psycho eyes". His eyes look like that of a psychotic.

I would've traded a 4th for Ragland... try him out at sam
lol that's what Kansas City traded for him. A 2019 4th rd pick. Not sure where people are getting that Kansas City traded a 2nd rd pick for him. Ragland was a former 2nd rd pick but Kansas City definitely only traded a 4th for him.

That is actually not a bad deal, the Chiefs still have their drafts picks next year, and the following draft they only lose a 4th. What is up with the Bills, and the trading of they better players.
He was running 3rd team on the Bills this pre-season from what I heard. Why wouldn't you take a 4th rounder?

Kc probably expects that 4th rounder to be a late one too so more like a 5th

They needed another lb piece just shows you how hard it is to find starter quality ones without using high picks in the draft. Miamis got a bunch of udfas that if pressed into action are gonna play like it.

We have two good LB .The rest are fill ins until we draft a real LB.Its to bad we lost our Rookie LB this year.

seems like an ideal 2 down MLB. Will never be great in coverage but run support should be his bread

I don't know. I think he could be pretty good against TE's in coverage. He definitely has the size and speed ... he just looks hesitant because he's still learning and trying to adjust to the NFL game. It's a big step up from Southern Illinois. I think that's why when we see Allen he seems to be very hit and miss. When he gets his assignment and reads right and can just react and, as Burke put it when talking about Kiko, "see ball get ball", then Allen has looked pretty darn good. He hits hard, he tackles well (but still inconsistent at this point), flows quickly and finishes.

But the step up is obviously a huge adjustment. The complexity of the defense has made him a little bit "deer in the headlights" at times, while the speed of the NFL has caused him to take some bad angles. He'll learn and adjust, but it will probably take most of this season for that to happen, as it's clearly a big adjustment for the kid.

Personally, I like him and definitely would invest in developing him. I'm somewhat disappointed to not also be saying that about Praise Martin-Oguike at this point though. I kind of thought both of them would be good developmental UDFA's.

Back
Top Bottom