Prediction for best player available at 29 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction for best player available at 29

I'll he curious to see what McDaniel prizes in his WR's. There are arguments for physicality, and there are arguments for speed. Outside of Burks, I don't think you're getting both - not in a guy with the necessary skills.
That will be interesting. Ideally, he would likely want to pair Waddle with a physical wide receiver. But speed kills and maybe you can get the physical out of the tight end position.

Jameson Williams would be an absolute home run
He would have to slide due to concerns about his knee but I would have a very hard time passing on him at #29.

Unlikely to be an option but teaming him with Waddle would be scary for the opposing secondary.

If someone falls to us at 29, like Linderbaum, you take him.

However, 29 is also a decent pick to trade, if you don't have to trade too far back. I'm not sure which teams pick early in the second, but the end of the first is a good spot to take a QB or another player that may be seen as a little developmental, just to get that fifth round option.

He would have to slide due to concerns about his knee but I would have a very hard time passing on him at #29.

Unlikely to be an option but teaming him with Waddle would be scary for the opposing secondary.
I'm sick of taking on injured players but I agree, it'd be hard to pass on him. Dotson could be an option there as well and that center from Iowa if he's there could also be in play depending on what we do in free agency

An RB might not be the best value at 29, but is likely to be the best player available.
I don't see a 1st round RB in this Draft so I would not have one BPA at #29.

In fact, I would be stunned if one is taken in R1.

But if you really want a RB the Fins will have their pick at #29 for sure.

Now if the Fins do want to go RB #50 might be the spot, that would still be too high for me. But if they wait until the end of R3 the pickings might be pretty slim.

My guess would be late 3rd rounder would be the earliest Miami would look RB, I don't expect McDaniel to be a fan of drafting RB's high given his background with the Shanahans.

I'm sick of taking on injured players but I agree, it'd be hard to pass on him. Dotson could be an option there as well and that center from Iowa if he's there could also be in play depending on what we do in free agency
I don't like drafting injured guys either but these days guys come back from knee surgery pretty well.It is unlikely to bother him long term.he might not be ready to go in September but he will probably be able to get on the field next season.

And I am a big Dotson fan, it might be better to have a bigger WR to team with Waddle but I like the idea of teams chasing multiple explosive guys around and dealing with both Dotson and Waddle would be a chore.

Plus Dotson makes contested catches like a bigger WR, he just has a knack for coming down with the ball.

I am starting to worry that he will not make it to #29.

I don't like drafting injured guys either but these days guys come back from knee surgery pretty well.It is unlikely to bother him long term.he might not be ready to go in September but he will probably be able to get on the field next season.

And I am a big Dotson fan, it might be better to have a bigger WR to team with Waddle but I like the idea of teams chasing multiple explosive guys around and dealing with both Dotson and Waddle would be a chore.

Plus Dotson makes contested catches like a bigger WR, he just has a knack for coming down with the ball.

my worry is that 6 WR's going before our pick at 29........if only 5 go then there's going to be a very good WR on the board so we just have to hope that the board goes our way.....we don't have a bunch of high picks this year so we're gonna have to make them count.

I'll he curious to see what McDaniel prizes in his WR's. There are arguments for physicality, and there are arguments for speed. Outside of Burks, I don't think you're getting both - not in a guy with the necessary skills.
According to Daniel Jeremiah, McDaniel loves speed in his WR and wants Jameson Williams above all

I like Dotson too. He is very similar to another Penn St WR, OJ Mcduffie.

My top 29…

1 Evan Neal
2 Aidan Hutchinson
3 Kayvon Thibodeaux
4 Ikem Ekwonu
5 Nakobe Dean
6 Drake London
7 Charles Cross
8 Garrett Wilson
9 Kyle Hamilton
10 Ahmad Gardener
11Treylon Burks