Pretty Clear What The Problem With Offense Is | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pretty Clear What The Problem With Offense Is

Moving Tunsil to LT was a mistake. He is an NFL LG, not an NFL LT. We need a high caliber LT, Tunsil at LG and then someone to eventually replace Pouncey at C and Bushrod at RG (who has been even worse than Tunsil). At this point I would be fine bringing Albert back and shifting Tunsil back over. Should have been that way from the start.
It took Eric Fisher a good 3 years in Kanas City before he figured it out and he was the 1st overall pick. Let the kid learn through his mistakes and grow. Not everyone is a pro bowler in their 1st year at Left Tackle

Sorry but Gase and coaching in general is problem #1. On our first 7 games, there has not been a single game in which our offense looks prepared for the team they are facing. Gase is not playing to the team strenghts. He traded Ajayi, the only weapon that we had who could gain yardages by his own, he was NOT the problem, BIG, BIG mistake. You give a player that quits on the team a chance (Timmons), a player that is injury prone and is limited because of it a chance (Pouncey), a player that is playing at a very low level chance after chance (Thomas) but you get rid of a beast with a winning attitude because he complained? For a fourth rounder?

Tunsil deserves all of the blame he is getting in the article, but one thing needs to be said. The interior offensive line is a much bigger problem than the tackles. That isn't meant to give Tunsil any cover, but more to highlight just how atrocious our guards and center have been all year.

When was Tunsil supposed to be the #1 overall pick ? Top part of the 1st round, yes, but #1 overall? So he was going to go before Goff and Wentz?

The Rams did not have the #1 pick initially. The Titans had the pick. And the projections were for the Titans to take Tunsil #1 overall.

They ended up trading the pick to the Rams, who took Goff.

And then the Titans took Lewan later in the draft.

An excellent all-round play by the Titans. They traded the #1 for a haul of picks, then got a better tackle than Tunsil at #8 (although they did trade up to get Lewan).

Sounds exactly like something the Dolphins would be able to pull off. Yeah, right.

I feel like the problem is we dont have anyone smart enough to line our guys up right and id the defense.. Tanne at least understands the game

The problems with the O-line come down to the coaching staff. They were the ones who thought Tunsil was ready to be a LT. They thought that Pouncey could stay healthy and be productive for a year. They thought they could salvage another year out of the corpse of Bushrod. They thought they could get something out of the nothing we have at LG.

James stays out of the majority of criticism the O-line gets. He has been pretty good this year.

It took Eric Fisher a good 3 years in Kanas City before he figured it out and he was the 1st overall pick. Let the kid learn through his mistakes and grow. Not everyone is a pro bowler in their 1st year at Left Tackle
I agree. Give him time. We got Tannehill coming back next year and Tunsil needs the work this year. Off to a bad start but has potential

I can't imagine how bad Asiata must look if he can't even crack this disaster of a Oline. Hell he isn't even a backup smh ‍♂️. Hope he develops and quickly but not banking on it. Who the hell is scouting Olineman on this organization because they suck balls!! How in the world can we not find good offense lineman? This crap has gone on for years!! Un excusable!!!!!

Seems much more like cronyism to me, I have no proof but I'm betting gase doesn't like him because he's not a kiss ass so he's not gonna play. You don't go from being one of the best guards in the draft to not being better than these trash backup guards we have starting every game, there is simply no excuse he shouldn't be starting over these guards. Either it's about political bs or gase is simply that inept, either way it sucks.

Seems much more like cronyism to me, I have no proof but I'm betting gase doesn't like him because he's not a kiss *** so he's not gonna play. You don't go from being one of the best guards in the draft to not being better than these trash backup guards we have starting every game, there is simply no excuse he shouldn't be starting over these guards. Either it's about political bs or gase is simply that inept, either way it sucks.
Wow, you really hate Gase. Is it possible the talent evaluators were wrong? He was also one of the later guards picked in the draft, so "one of the best guards" is not entirely accurate either. Mostly later picks in the draft tend to take time to start, they're more like projects than anything else. It's possible Asiata is this. It's possible he'll turn out great - doesn't mean it's politics or incorrect not to start him now.

Wow, you really hate Gase. Is it possible the talent evaluators were wrong? He was also one of the later guards picked in the draft, so "one of the best guards" is not entirely accurate either. Mostly later picks in the draft tend to take time to start, they're more like projects than anything else. It's possible Asiata is this. It's possible he'll turn out great - doesn't mean it's politics or incorrect not to start him now.

You're right, it could be he needs time to develop, but he was considered ready in the draft and he can certainly be no worse than what our guards have been. This points to politics to me considering everything else that has gone on, and its proven gase can't evaluate talent so either way, its bad.

Back
Top Bottom