Price to trade up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Price to trade up?

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Let’s say Miami chose to trade up from the 51st overall pick to around the 40th overall pick to draft Mayer or Washington if they were still on the board. What do you guys think the price tag to move up to around there would be?

I think our 2nd and 3rd would be more than enough to trade up to around the 40th overall pick but I think we’d be offering too much at that point. Considering we don’t have a 4th or 5th round pick, I believe we would have to get pretty creative to move up.

There’s enough talent left on the board coupled with our lack of picks that a trade up feels pretty unlikely.
I agree there’s a lot of talent left on the board so someone could fall in our laps but if Mayer were to drop to around 40 then I think we heavily should consider moving up at that point.

Imo Mayer is literally the perfect fit for this offense and could be impactful from day 1.

Still a lot of talent left. I'm not sold on we just go for TE because we need one. My opinion would be where in the draft order are we where the dolphins think a TE is the "best player available", If it's in the middle of the 2nd (44-50) range I see us trading up and a 4th next year.

Might be Devon achane is he's there...but in order I'll take these 3

Michael Mayer
Dawand James
Ocyrus Torrence

and sign Dalvin Cook.

I also wouldn’t mind packaging our 3rd round pick with other picks to trade back up into the 2nd to draft another need if the board falls right.

I feel like we could potentially feel 2 big needs with solid prospects at TE and O-Line by moving back up into the late 2nd.

51 & 84 should get you near the top of round two based on the draft pick trade value chart…
I agree with that but if you move up to around 40 overall which is just moving up 11 picks then I feel like 51 & 84 is a bit too much.

Maybe 51 & 84 for 40 and a future 4th or 5th would make more sense to me

Trade up? You shouldn’t ask such questions around here. Most the contingent at FH are draft pick hoarders. No matter the situation.

As for me and your question, IDK what it would cost, but if the opportunity presents itself and there’s a player Mike McD and Grier really covet and they believe he won’t last til 51 — I believe it’s in their best interest to trade up.

So far a few of the trades I’ve seen weren’t so very cost prohibitive. So trading up from 51 to somewhere around 40 shouldn’t be too expensive.

Trade up? You shouldn’t ask such questions around here. Most the contingent at FH are draft pick hoarders. No matter the situation.

As for me and your question, IDK what it would cost, but if the opportunity presents itself and there’s a player Mike McD and Grier really covet and they believe he won’t last til 51 — I believe it’s in their best interest to trade up.

So far a few of the trades I’ve seen weren’t so very cost prohibitive. So trading up from 51 to somewhere around 40 shouldn’t be too expensive.
I wasn’t a fan of the rumors of us looking to trade up into the 1st to take Gibbs. I liked Gibbs a lot but I felt like the price to trade up to the 1st round would have been too much.

Now as for trading up in the 2nd round to draft one of the prospects that we need is a different situation. Moving up around 10 spots wouldn’t cost near as much as it would of if we moved up to the 1st

What was nice was all the qbs selected forced other players to drop. I believe the selection will be OL

Let’s say Miami chose to trade up from the 51st overall pick to around the 40th overall pick to draft Mayer or Washington if they were still on the board. What do you guys think the price tag to move up to around there would be?

I think our 2nd and 3rd would be more than enough to trade up to around the 40th overall pick but I think we’d be offering too much at that point. Considering we don’t have a 4th or 5th round pick, I believe we would have to get pretty creative to move up.
Probably a swap involving 84...

There’s enough talent left on the board coupled with our lack of picks that a trade up feels pretty unlikely.
Unless you find a WR needy team that is interested in taking C Wilson off our hands.

I suspect we stay put, though. I have a feeling some good talent is going to drop to us. We've got like 19 picks to go and I suspect we see two QBs come off the board before we're on the clock. Things are looking good.

If you use this chart. 40 (NO) is worth 500 points. 51 (us) is worth 390. So, the variance is 110 which is worth pick 97. So, if that's where we want to move, it would either cost us next year's 2nd or some combo of pick and player.

1682691355171.png

I don’t see us trading up to lose a draft pick this year. I believe they are too valuable with the talent still left on the board. If anything I see us making a move back with the second or possibly first if someone on our radar isn’t there.

Back
Top Bottom