Price to trade up? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Price to trade up?

If you use this chart. 40 (NO) is worth 500 points. 51 (us) is worth 390. So, the variance is 110 which is worth pick 97. So, if that's where we want to move, it would either cost us next year's 2nd or some combo of pick and player.

View attachment 141919

Yes 40 is worth 500.

But I said if we packaged our 2nd and 3rd we’d be giving up too much since that would be worth 560.

So if we packaged our 2nd and 3rd to move up to 40 then I’d expect a future 4th or 5th back as well

What about trading Cedric and our #51 for maybe the 34 with DET or 35 with IND. Both teams need a a WR but not sure if that would be enough. Move up and snag Mayer

What about trading Cedric and our #51 for maybe the 34 with DET or 35 with IND. Both teams need a a WR but not sure if that would be enough. Move up and snag Mayer
both Detroit and Indy have 8 picks left.....they don’t need to move back for more picks

The draft has gone as well as we could had hope for.....there are 4 very good TE's left.....there are 4 or 5 talented OL guys......there's no need to trade up, specially with us having so few picks and don’t even think about picks from 2024 where we're already down to only 5 picks......in the next 2 or 3 years we'll be losing some good players because of the cap and we will need picks to replace those players.

It is not the responsible thing to do to continue to trade picks away

Yes 40 is worth 500.

But I said if we packaged our 2nd and 3rd we’d be giving up too much since that would be worth 560.

So if we packaged our 2nd and 3rd to move up to 40 then I’d expect a future 4th or 5th back as well
It's an agreed upon chart but the owner of the pick we're trying to get can ask for whatever they want. Maybe they have the 40th pick and they say it's only available for our next twenty first round picks. They can do that..

If you use this chart. 40 (NO) is worth 500 points. 51 (us) is worth 390. So, the variance is 110 which is worth pick 97. So, if that's where we want to move, it would either cost us next year's 2nd or some combo of pick and player.

View attachment 141919

Interesting.

Hypothetically speaking, would NOLA swap 40 for 51 if Grier included Cedrick and Iggybananas?

Interesting.

Hypothetically speaking, would NOLA swap 40 for 51 if Grier included Cedrick and Iggybananas?
Grier's not that irresponsible...even after downin' a fifth. Cedric alone is worth a 4th or 5th. Iggy's stayin. The Fang's made him a project a his.

I'm hoping we can trade WR Ced Wilson and our 2nd rounder to move up and grab TE Mayer

Still a lot of talent left. I'm not sold on we just go for TE because we need one. My opinion would be where in the draft order are we where the dolphins think a TE is the "best player available", If it's in the middle of the 2nd (44-50) range I see us trading up and a 4th next year.
That would probably be them most important aspect of this discussion.

I'm hoping we can trade WR Ced Wilson and our 2nd rounder to move up and grab TE Mayer
I really don't like trading up in this draft. And TEs historically take a few years to really make an impact. But, if Wilson truly is the odd man out in our offense, shedding the cap space to secure our starting TE moving forward isn't the worst option.

Back
Top Bottom