Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-tannehill-coming-into-his-own-in-crunch-timeCounting last season, his rookie season, Tannehill is now 5-2 in December with 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions.
That's the type of thing you need from a passer as we move toward the playoffs. It's crunch time, and Tannehill is coming up big.
To get an idea as to why, I went back and studied a bunch of his games, some early in the season as well as he last three. What I saw was a quarterback who has ditched some bad habits -- patting the ball for one -- and has taken on a calmness in the pocket.
It helps that the offensive line is playing better, but Tannehill seems so much more sure of himself as he sits in the pocket and makes his reads. He always had the big arm. But now he waits to use it rather than just firing at the first moving target. The patience is his biggest plus now. In the past, he lacked it.
That's how you can tell the game is slowing down. He sees it better. But he's also using his eyes to influence defenders, which he didn't do much of as a rookie and struggled with some early this season.

Really nice write up....

Wow, that is the highest praise I've ever seen Prisco direct at anything Dolphins related. Even the h8ters are coming around.

Prisco - Tannehill was the overlooked passer in last year's rookie class. It was all about Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. Only Wilson is having a better second season.

it's called development prisco...at least people get to see some of that holding the safety with his eyes stuff and throwing with anticipation i have been talking about with the kid...that move to the left and bullet to wallace was really nice...so was that 22 yarder to wallace on the sideline...boss plays

anyways brady pats the ball sometimes too even to this day so prisco should look for other things he was doing prior to bang on...maybe having one hand on the ball in the pocket for instance...

and you're getting evidence now of going from presnap reads to post snap adjustments and making plays that way too...all it takes is the kid putting up numbers for media people to start to take notice i guess

Please stop using the breaking icon for things that aren't breaking.its gettin so annoying.

In the Gif Clabo should have gotten help from Jerry and let Pouncey and Brenner double the NT. That will need to be cleaned up this week. Good write up though.

Love it. He's the franchise savior, and because of him we won't have to continue this vicious cycle of gm, coaching, and roster turnover that dooms so many teams

it's called development prisco...at least people get to see some of that holding the safety with his eyes stuff and throwing with anticipation i have been talking about with the kid...that move to the left and bullet to wallace was really nice...so was that 22 yarder to wallace on the sideline...boss plays

anyways brady pats the ball sometimes too even to this day so prisco should look for other things he was doing prior to bang on...maybe having one hand on the ball in the pocket for instance...

and you're getting evidence now of going from presnap reads to post snap adjustments and making plays that way too...all it takes is the kid putting up numbers for media people to start to take notice i guess

lol I was just going to mention that. I'm not even going to get into the fact that I've been noticing progress from Tannehill from the start but whatever...haters gonna hate.

lol I was just going to mention that. I'm not even going to get into the fact that I've been noticing progress from Tannehill from the start but whatever...haters gonna hate.

yeah this is what people do when they have to backpedal...priscos pouring it on..."there's no way i could have been wrong before about this qb he must be doing so much different now" crap

This. I am so amazed at people who criticized Tannehill like he was a finished product, as if they've never seen football in their lives. The number of quarterbacks that were great from the get-go in history is tiny. But, anyone with analytical skills could project and see what Tannehill could be. Strong arm. Bright kid. Hard worker. Leader now. Athleticism. Toughness. Hangs in the pocket and is not afraid of being scraped off the field. He's still not a finished product, but for the simple fans they are seeing results that more sophisticated fans could see coming by using analytical skills.

This. I am so amazed at people who criticized Tannehill like he was a finished product, as if they've never seen football in their lives. The number of quarterbacks that were great from the get-go in history is tiny. But, anyone with analytical skills could project and see what Tannehill could be. Strong arm. Bright kid. Hard worker. Leader now. Athleticism. Toughness. Hangs in the pocket and is not afraid of being scraped off the field. He's still not a finished product, but for the simple fans they are seeing results that more sophisticated fans could see coming by using analytical skills.
I'll wait for sustained numbers. The last seven games are promising, but he needs a couple seasons of overall high-level play before the book should be closed in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom