Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NYPhin24, Dec 19, 2013.

1. NYPhin24

NYPhin24 Scout Team

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-tannehill-coming-into-his-own-in-crunch-timeCounting last season, his rookie season, Tannehill is now 5-2 in December with 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions.
    That's the type of thing you need from a passer as we move toward the playoffs. It's crunch time, and Tannehill is coming up big.
    To get an idea as to why, I went back and studied a bunch of his games, some early in the season as well as he last three. What I saw was a quarterback who has ditched some bad habits -- patting the ball for one -- and has taken on a calmness in the pocket.
    It helps that the offensive line is playing better, but Tannehill seems so much more sure of himself as he sits in the pocket and makes his reads. He always had the big arm. But now he waits to use it rather than just firing at the first moving target. The patience is his biggest plus now. In the past, he lacked it.
    That's how you can tell the game is slowing down. He sees it better. But he's also using his eyes to influence defenders, which he didn't do much of as a rookie and struggled with some early this season.

2. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

Really nice write up....

3. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Finheaven VIP Donator

4. psfign

psfign A True Fan

5. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Tanney undervalued in every sense

6. Penthos

Penthos Am I on speaker phone?

Wow, that is the highest praise I've ever seen Prisco direct at anything Dolphins related. Even the h8ters are coming around.

7. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Prisco - Tannehill was the overlooked passer in last year's rookie class. It was all about Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. Only Wilson is having a better second season.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

it's called development prisco...at least people get to see some of that holding the safety with his eyes stuff and throwing with anticipation i have been talking about with the kid...that move to the left and bullet to wallace was really nice...so was that 22 yarder to wallace on the sideline...boss plays

anyways brady pats the ball sometimes too even to this day so prisco should look for other things he was doing prior to bang on...maybe having one hand on the ball in the pocket for instance...

and you're getting evidence now of going from presnap reads to post snap adjustments and making plays that way too...all it takes is the kid putting up numbers for media people to start to take notice i guess

9. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Please stop using the breaking icon for things that aren't breaking.its gettin so annoying.

10. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

In the Gif Clabo should have gotten help from Jerry and let Pouncey and Brenner double the NT. That will need to be cleaned up this week. Good write up though.

11. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Love it. He's the franchise savior, and because of him we won't have to continue this vicious cycle of gm, coaching, and roster turnover that dooms so many teams

12. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

lol I was just going to mention that. I'm not even going to get into the fact that I've been noticing progress from Tannehill from the start but whatever...haters gonna hate.

13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah this is what people do when they have to backpedal...priscos pouring it on..."there's no way i could have been wrong before about this qb he must be doing so much different now" crap

14. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

This. I am so amazed at people who criticized Tannehill like he was a finished product, as if they've never seen football in their lives. The number of quarterbacks that were great from the get-go in history is tiny. But, anyone with analytical skills could project and see what Tannehill could be. Strong arm. Bright kid. Hard worker. Leader now. Athleticism. Toughness. Hangs in the pocket and is not afraid of being scraped off the field. He's still not a finished product, but for the simple fans they are seeing results that more sophisticated fans could see coming by using analytical skills.

15. Shouright

Shouright Banned Hammered

I'll wait for sustained numbers. The last seven games are promising, but he needs a couple seasons of overall high-level play before the book should be closed in my opinion.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

more lazy "journalism", he talks about how he has done but all the examples are from last week. he was GREAT last week vs. NE, he wasn't the previous weeks against us and Pitt.

17. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

18. littlemarino

littlemarino Dan is the Man

Did he score 50.000 points on Double Dragon or did he hit the warp zone in Mario 3???

19. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

Awww, I expected someone to have photoshopped Ryan in a wizard outfit..

20. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

More Myopic Homerism: Deluding yourself that your QB who handed off to Shonne Greene for a 58yd TD run, go 12-23, sub 60QBR, 4.34YPA making 4 less first downs and actually scoring less than the avg pts SD defense gave up, while watching SD's choke kicker crap the bed on a makeable long and 2 easy FGs in balmy SD actually did anything to help his team eke out a 3pt playoff game win, let alone that "played well."

[​IMG]

21. Penthos

Never mind the stats, what do your EYES tell you?

22. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

it's funny, your RB ran for 55 yds setting up the GW TD in Pitt
    NE's K missed a big kick last week

Funny how you don't mention that.

I AM envious, I wish we were going to the playoffs. Ryan looks like he can be pretty good, I wish we had a QB like that right now(we had one a couple of years ago) so yes I am envious. There's nothing wrong w/ that but unlike you I won't come here making a million different excuses why you won. I didn't mention the missed FG, the non flags. I gave you credit for winning, I gave Ryan credit for a great game. You should take notes.

23. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

we missed a FG as well. funny you didnt mention that

24. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Me too....this is your que photoshop guys.

25. hoops

hoops exited stage left

and another guy that likes to bring everyone else down

26. Vaark

No you make excuses trying to discredit a QB who's maturing before everyone else's eyes. And you used that 55 yard DT run (which you called a 60 yarder) yesterday in another thread to diminish the winning drive vs a **** LeBeau D on the frozen tundra, without mentioning that it was the third gainer in between 2 other passes and an actual Red Zone TD pass to score while giving buttfumble credit in 09 for handing off to Greene for a straight 53yd score with no other work on the backend as part of the jest 17-14 "masterpiece". Oh and if y ou wanna talk about penalties not called, take a close look at the flagrant hold on Wake on that TD pass to Edelman that should have been called back. Long way of saying, if your own dreamboat can't withstand the same criticism you make for Tannehill, then either admit that he played a **** game in the 09 playoffs or don't make that criticism cuz it's hypocritical. /School is out

[​IMG]

27. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I am not the excuse maker, I was making a point. When we missed 2 Fgs in the '09 title game it was part of the game but SD misses 2 makeable kicks in the div rd and that's why we won. all he does is make excuses, I was pointing out he should use the same (lack of) logic that he displays w/ us.

don't worry, I'll be banned from this thread too so you guys can pretend Ryan is the 2nd coming of Brady.

if you actually read I haven't said anything negative. Remember, when you guys went through that losing streak and everyone was jumping ship it was MYSELF that was pumping everyone up telling him there is a long way to go.

I said Ryan was GREAT on Sunday b/c he was, he was NOT the 2 weeks prior despite excellent #s and you know this as well.

28. Penthos

No, you really didn't.

29. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yeah you pump people up alright...with hot air :lol:

30. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Now it's a **** lebeau D as if that is a vintage Steeler D:lol:

as usual the only times you are funny are the times you are trying to be serious.

I was talking facts, that "game winning" drive was a handoff for a long run then a great play by Clay on a short pass. You guys act like Ryan led "the drive II"

TD should have been called back:lol: but I bet those 2 hold/PIs in the EZ that weren't called were legal, right? :lol:

You are funny(unintentionally of course)

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

go back and read the posts while everyone was jumping ship.

The problem w/ the homers here is if I don't say this is the next dynasty and Ryan is the next Brady then I am bashing. it's pretty sad actually.

31. Finsfan1984

Finsfan1984 Seasoned Veteran

^^^THIS^^^

Didnt ask me, but MY eyes tell me all is well in dolphinland. He is making great strides and will only get better with time. He seems to have the "IT" factor that all the great ones have. Thats what my eyes tell me!!!

32. Vaark

They have pretty much nailed you on TGG:
    1. If Sanchez put up those numbers vs PBurgh and lost you'd have raved about his stats
    2. If Sanchez put up those numbers vs PBurgh and won, you'd have raved about his stats
    3. If Sanchez loses a game it's because of his poor supporting cast (even blaming the D for allowing an opponent all of 14pts in a loss )
    4. If any other QB wins a game, it's because of their supporting cast
    5. If any other QB loses a game, it's despite their supporting cast.
    6. Rex will end up with 4 out of 5 non-winning seasons (when playing opposing starters) yet it's not his fault due to what he has to work with
    7. yet Tannenbaum was a good GM, despite what he gave Rex to work with.

Your excuse-making spin is so recognizable on TGG, I'm just surprised it's taken so long for some to figure you out here. The irony is that you are the biggest homer on both boards .

[​IMG]

33. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

LOL...someone's getting upset/nervous that Miami might actually have a franchise QB, while his team is stuck with Geno Smith, Mark Sanchise or maybe Matt Simms.:foundout:

34. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i am not a homer...never have been never will be...

35. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Most of the throws Brady made on Sunday he "pat the ball". I don't get some of these writers......

36. Penthos

Only a completely delusional person (aka Jets fan) could really believe that this body of work:

Mark buttfumble career stats
    MSanchezCareer.PNG

is comparable to this:

Ryan Tannehill career stats
    RTCareerStats.PNG

Mark buttfumble's career highest season rate was in his 3rd year and it was only slightly higher than RT's Rookie Year! In four seasons buttfumble barley threw for as many yards as Tanny's rookie season. Never had a season completion rate as high as RT's rookie year. buttfumble over his career actually has MORE INTERCEPTIONS than TOUCHDOWNS.... He was FRACKING TERRIBLE! How do you not see that?

37. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

since you have all my posts saved, go back and find the ones where I "raved about" Mark's stats.

send me your address, i'll send you a Christmas gift

[​IMG]

when it comes to Ryan Bradyhill you are

38. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

People that understand the game don't look at blind #s, mark 2010 was significantly better than Ryan 2013. Ryan may end up being better and he's certainly better than mark was last year but he also has more weapons than mark ever had.

39. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

So let me get this straight............... We really aren't getting a pic of Ryan dressed as a wizard?

40. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

From my memory, Priscoe has been a Tannehill supporter throughout, so I don't get the cynicism. Could be wrong....