Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco: "After Further Review: Tannehill coming into his own in crunch time"

the buttfumble was replayed on every late night TV show. It has its own wikipedia entry.

On September 6, 2013, ESPN retired the butt fumble from "Worst of the Worst" after going undefeated for 40 weeks. Think about that. The largest sports network in the world was faced with a choice: cancel a popular segment of the show or retire the unbeatable blooper play....

Sure, that's the same thing as the botched FG on Sunday.

I've seen a ton botched FG attempts before but I don't recall ever seeing a QB run straight into the butt of his own lineman for no apparent reason. :lol:

The buttfumble would never be ignored no matter what team it happened on but Junc does have a point when he says that the helmet snap would have been a bigger deal had Mark been the one to get hit in the face. That is because buttfumble is a joke and was one even before he butt fumbled. If Fields started botching punts and more FG attempts maybe he could become "Relevant" like buttfumble was.

Here is another Junc quote you can use as a sig.

Posted before the 1st of 3 straight non winning non playoff seasons
The Jets run is just beginning, we have a young core and I am not sure any team has ever made back to back title games w/ a 1st and 2nd yr QB. Be prepared for this team to be a title contender for a long time to come.

:lol2: :sidelol::rotfl1:

I've seen a ton botched FG attempts before but I don't recall ever seeing a QB run straight into the butt of his own lineman for no apparent reason. :lol:

The buttfumble would never be ignored no matter what team it happened on but Junc does have a point when he says that the helmet snap would have been a bigger deal had Mark been the one to get hit in the face. That is because buttfumble is a joke and was one even before he butt fumbled. If Fields started botching punts and more FG attempts maybe he could become "Relevant" like buttfumble was.

Here is another Junc quote you can use as a sig.

Posted before the 1st of 3 straight non winning non playoff seasons

:lol2: :sidelol::rotfl1:

I loved the ones from a couple of years ago where he kept telling other jets fans that buttfumble was going to be the jets starting qb for the next decade. :lol:

The good press for Tannehill keeps coming:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1892560-ryan-tannehills-progression-spurring-the-dolphins-playoff-push

Perhaps what's most impressive about Tannehill's emergence is that he's done it behind one of the worst pass-blocking offensive lines in football. Tannehill has been sacked a league-high 51 times this season, which is eight more than any other quarterback in the NFL.

The protection issues have improved somewhat, but they haven't completely gone away. Tannehill has been sacked 10 times over the past four weeks, at a rate of 2.5 sacks per game; that's way below where he started the season (24 sacks in the first five games, 4.8 sacks per game), but Tannehill has constantly had to sidestep rushers to make his throws.

Not only has the pass protection been woeful, but the running game has also been among the league's worst, averaging 95.3 yards per game, the ninth-lowest average in the league.

Tannehill has carried nearly the full brunt of the Dolphins offense, so it will be interesting to see how well he plays when he finally has a productive running game and a protective offensive line.

That bolded part is for you junc

Back
Top Bottom