Q. Any truth to the rumors that Plaxico Burress may end up with the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q. Any truth to the rumors that Plaxico Burress may end up with the Dolphins?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
A. That scenario is unlikely as Burress has one season remaining on a five-year, $8.67 million contract he signed as a rookie in 2000 with Pittsburgh. The rumor undoubtedly derived from his lack of participation in recent minicamps, raising questions about the receiver's future. Burress, who is upset that the Steelers haven't offered him an extension, reportedly is not planning to rejoin the team until he is contractually obligated to report to training camp on July 30. Adding fuel to the fire: Burress has a home in North Miami Beach and attended the Miami Heat's NBA playoff game Tuesday night.

from Lerner Q & A

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/finsinsider/

if they were able to pull that off, that would be an amazing set of wide recievers

We can't have three receivers with a Starting Receiver status. Anyways at least Buress has succeeded in the nfl and has played next to a great wideout (hines ward) which I think he's one of the most underated receivers and one of the best.

Yes, but not necessarily a set that fit in with each other. Who would move to the slot? All three would work best from the perimeter...and Burress is an awefully expensive injury insurance policy. Are the Phins that unconfident in Boston? If they did this it would to me mean that they will let Chris Chambers go via free agency (probably to the Packers).

why can't we?

Who is the most underrated recievers, Hines Ward or Plaxico?

The Fins should act anytime they have a chance to better the team.
However, would Plaxico be ok with moving to the 3 spot?
I doubt it.

I think someone must have been smoking on the pipe when they came up with this one.

I think I would go ape sh** if they went out to get Buress to compete with Boston and CC and did not go for Collins to compete with Jay and AJ. I mean both CC and DB have shown huge upside and put up good numbers for at least one year. Jay is average on his best year and AJ is unproven. I wouldn't be for getting Burress and ignoring QB. Getting another WR makes no sense. So yes this will happen. :shakeno: :cry: :cry: :fire:

If Miami did get Plexico, they should go for a more passing offense with a lot of three wide reciever sets. I don't think there is a chance in hell of this happening, however if it does, I would think they would try to get couch or a quarterback better suited for a passing offense.

it would be sweet to have him , but very unlikely ... i don't think it will happen

dreadlockera said:
I think I would go ape sh** if they went out to get Buress to compete with Boston and CC and did not go for Collins to compete with Jay and AJ. I mean both CC and DB have shown huge upside and put up good numbers for at least one year. Jay is average on his best year and AJ is unproven. I wouldn't be for getting Burress and ignoring QB. Getting another WR makes no sense. So yes this will happen. :shakeno: :cry: :cry: :fire:

Good call D-Locked. :rocker: I agree....

For some strange reason, Dave always seems afraid to experiment at the QB position. It seems like from day one in 2000, he's been doing everything possible to keep JF in Miami as the starting QB....

The depth at QB over the last four years under Wanny has been horrible IMO. How can JF be expected to improve when his competition is considered no competition???...

None of the QB's Dave has brought in to compete have had the slightest chance of unseating him. It continues today with AJ Feeley....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

There's as much chance of Burress coming to Miami as there is of Ray Lewis coming...

This goes into the 'simply rediculous' file as far as threads go....

Bodzilla29 said:
There's as much chance of Burress coming to Miami as there is of Ray Lewis coming...

This goes into the 'simply rediculous' file as far as threads go....

I disagree. There is a greater chance of Burress coming to Miami than Ray Lewis.

dreadlockera said:

Well, since Collins has signed with Oakland, I see some ape$hit in your future :lol:

Back
Top Bottom