Q. Any truth to the rumors that Plaxico Burress may end up with the Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q. Any truth to the rumors that Plaxico Burress may end up with the Dolphins?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I disagree. There is a greater chance of Burress coming to Miami than Ray Lewis.

There is zero chance of Ray coming, and probobly 0.01% chance of Burress coming.

Plaxico is NOT NOT NOT coming to the Dolphins, "you can put that on the front page, on the back page, on the middle page, I don't care....." :)

Bodzilla29 said:
There is zero chance of Ray coming, and probobly 0.01% chance of Burress coming.

Plaxico is NOT NOT NOT coming to the Dolphins, "you can put that on the front page, on the back page, on the middle page, I don't care....." :)
I agree, there are soooooo many reason why it doesn't make sense........the two things fuelling the speculation?
1. He has a house in Miami
2. He was at a couple of Heat playoff games.
So it is obvious Plaxico will be a Dolphin. :shakeno:

Anyone that doesn't want Burress, you are complete idiots. What the hell says you can't have 3 great recievers. Would you rather have 3 great recievers, or 2 great and crossing your fingers for a someone to be ok. I've heard talk about the Rams in their day. Holt, Bruce, Akhim. What happens if someone like a team like the Skins offers Chambers 18 million to sign, can the Dolphins match that? Still, 3 is better then 2, and we can afford 3 at the contracts they will get. You would be stupid to pass up an opp like this. Forget Wale.

Bodzilla29 said:

I would put it at least as high as 0.09%

Phinsdude said:
Anyone that doesn't want Burress, you are complete idiots. What the hell says you can't have 3 great recievers. Would you rather have 3 great recievers, or 2 great and crossing your fingers for a someone to be ok. I've heard talk about the Rams in their day. Holt, Bruce, Akhim. What happens if someone like a team like the Skins offers Chambers 18 million to sign, can the Dolphins match that? Still, 3 is better then 2, and we can afford 3 at the contracts they will get. You would be stupid to pass up an opp like this. Forget Wale.

I don't think it's that people don't want him. But I think his salary is to high for the Dolphins to take on, and I doubt Burress would be willing to restucture to come to a team where he would be the # 3 or 4 or even #5 option.

OK you people need to start using your brain.

A talented player at his position with size and speed and very young coming into a team with 2 already talented receivers. He is in a timei n his career that he should be starting for a team not playing behind 2 guys. He also wants to get paid like a number 1 receiver.

Phinsdude said:

I'd love to get Burress, but he isn't coming. PLain and simple. The Rams were different dude. They drafted all 3 of those WRs and while the Rams were sucessful 2 of those WRs were on their FREAKIN ROOKIE CONTRACTS!!!! When it was contract time Hakim took the money and ran.

To get Plax, you have to poney up a high pick and PAY THE MAN A SACK LOAD OF MONEY. Can we realistically afford this? HELL NO. If this was the begining of the offseason and we had not aquired a starting WR I would be all over Burress, but times have changed and he would be a SUPER EXPENSIVE luxary.

Our offense is run out of the I-form, 3 WR sets are limited, so why spend a huge chunk of our cap money on a guy that may or may not play 50% of the snaps on offense?

Rediculous post.

It is always nice to think that we could add a WR of Burress' caliber, but it is unrealistic. Burress wants to start (which he wouldn't do here) and he would demand far more than what we can afford. Bringing in Burress would be a bad idea. We should concentrate on other things like resigning Ogunleye and extending Chambers. If we want to bring in another guy to be the #3 WR, we shouldn't go after someone so expensive. I personally think we will be fine with what we have at WR.

The Az is a great slot man and a definite #3 in that offense. He is not a great WR, as his numbers with the Lions will tell you. Having 3 great receivers means you have a defined #1, #2, and #3. We would have two #1 WRs, and a #2 WR. It would not be rad.

Phinsdude said:
Anyone that doesn't want Burress, you are complete idiots. You would be stupid to pass up an opp like this. Forget Wale.

An idiot would be someone who's willing to break the bank to sign this guy....

What opportunity???...He's still under contract with the Steelers the last time I checked. :rolleyes:

The Phinz have plenty of talent at WR already IMO. No need for Burress....

Forget Wale???....Now that's a stupid thought IMO. :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

Bodzilla29 said:
There's as much chance of Burress coming to Miami as there is of Ray Lewis coming...

This goes into the 'simply rediculous' file as far as threads go....

Ray Lewis is coming to Miami?????.:woot:

:lol:

Who cares if we have the top 10 WRs in football. Dont we need somebody that can throw it to them?

juniorseau55 said:
We can't have three receivers with a Starting Receiver status. Anyways at least Buress has succeeded in the nfl and has played next to a great wideout (hines ward) which I think he's one of the most underated receivers and one of the best.

Why not? Minnesota had Moss, Carter, and Reed and they were all starters. All three had a lot of catches. Imagine having Chambers, Boston and Burress line up and spread the defense so Ricky has more room to run. most teams cant cover 3 starting WR's, so 1 is bound to be open every time we use a 3 WR set. i know we dont use that set often , but we could if we had 3 WR's like those. Besides if one gets hurt you still have 2 Starters.

here's how the rumor got started...

clear.gif
we are really signing Snoop Dog to compete for Snoop Minnis for top Snoop on the team :roflmao:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Good call D-Locked. :rocker: I agree....

For some strange reason, Dave always seems afraid to experiment at the QB position. It seems like from day one in 2000, he's been doing everything possible to keep JF in Miami as the starting QB....

The depth at QB over the last four years under Wanny has been horrible IMO. How can JF be expected to improve when his competition is considered no competition???...

None of the QB's Dave has brought in to compete have had the slightest chance of unseating him. It continues today with AJ Feeley....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:
Thanks.
How great would it be to have a QB with a cannon arm????

Back
Top Bottom