Q. Any truth to the rumors that Plaxico Burress may end up with the Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q. Any truth to the rumors that Plaxico Burress may end up with the Dolphins?

AZPHINFAN75 said:
Why not? Minnesota had Moss, Carter, and Reed and they were all starters. All three had a lot of catches. Imagine having Chambers, Boston and Burress line up and spread the defense so Ricky has more room to run. most teams cant cover 3 starting WR's, so 1 is bound to be open every time we use a 3 WR set. i know we dont use that set often , but we could if we had 3 WR's like those. Besides if one gets hurt you still have 2 Starters.

AGAIN...Carter was a star WR and Reed was a distinguished WR that benefitted from the system and having Carter on the other side. Reed was drafted by the Vikes, then a few years later Moss was drafted. Name me a single rookie coming out of College that demanded to be a starter or play a certain number of snaps in an already potent offense. Moss was on a rookie deal and Reed was not making a lot of money, therefore it worked.

Now, how many years did Carter, Moss and Reed play together?

Plaxico Burress is a faster and more athletic Oronde Gadsden. About the same height, about same hands, but much faster and able to make the big play more often.

That being said, this rumor started with Drew Rosenhaus. He said it on Sunday Night on Ch. 7 Autohaus Sports show and I couldn't report as I was banned for the day. Anyway, he said Miami may look for him in a trade but for it to be done they (Pittsburgh) would have to restructure his contract and then trade him to us.

Drew also added that he is Miamis #1 guy on their WR list, but If he does not work out the way Miami wants it to, then they will go after their #2 guy, who in their opinions is not much worse than Plax. Burres. This man is Mushin Muhammed. He said Carolina is most likely (but not definately) going to cut him once June 1st rolls around because of his contract obviously and because of the return of Dyson who was on the Injured Reserve.. Now If you did not see him light it up in the playoffs last year, I don't know where you where because that boy made plays. He is a speedster with soft hands.

I for one would prefer to have Mushin, because he will come cheaper and is willing to take the 3rd WR job If that is the job he wins. Like I stated earlier, M&M is a fast guy, probably faster than CC (not 100% sure) and with soft hands. He'll make the sure grabs, but I really have never seen him make an expectacular catch like CC has and that may be due to the fact that Carolina used him on deep patterns and Delhomme was accurate for the most part. I hope we can sign M&M because the man can play and would come a lot cheaper price than Burress.

Holla acha boi

Plexico, I hope we dont get him. He seems to be a disappointment so far.

juniorseau55 said:
OK you people need to start using your brain.

QUOTE]

Mod Note: Junior, you were just suspended for 24 hours for violating the house rules. You came back and immediately posted a derogatory statement, insulting those who disagree with you. Your ongoing attitude problems are NOT going to be tolerated. Take another 48 hours and try to see if you can grasp what we've been trying to impress upon you. This kind of comment leads to feuding on the boards, and the mods and admins who volunteer their time here have better things to do than monitor and clean-up after you. Be civil and abide by the rules or you will be banned permanently.

P4E

Prime Time said:
This man is Mushin Muhammed. He said Carolina is most likely (but not definately) going to cut him once June 1st rolls around because of his contract obviously and because of the return of Dyson who was on the Injured Reserve.. Now If you did not see him light it up in the playoffs last year, I don't know where you where because that boy made plays. He is a speedster with soft hands.

I for one would prefer to have Mushin, because he will come cheaper and is willing to take the 3rd WR job If that is the job he wins. Like I stated earlier, M&M is a fast guy, probably faster than CC (not 100% sure) and with soft hands. He'll make the sure grabs, but I really have never seen him make an expectacular catch like CC has and that may be due to the fact that Carolina used him on deep patterns and Delhomme was accurate for the most part. I hope we can sign M&M because the man can play and would come a lot cheaper price than Burress.

Mushin a speedster? Are you confusing him with Steve Smith? Mushin did make big plays in the playoffs but he is by no means a speedster. He is a possession reciever and here in Charlotte he took ALOT of heat for dropping passes. He did make it to the probowl a couple of years back. He is a good reciever and I would be exceedingly happy if he was our 3rd reciever, especially if it between him a Plaxico.

BTW, Mushin is an excellent blocking reciever.

BTW..BTW, I know speed is a relative term and the definition depends on the individual. Mushin looks slow to me because Steve Smith is sooo damn fast. I would be fairly certain the Mushin is slower than both CC and DB :), but I reserve the right to be completely and utterly wrong.. just like Bills fans.

Back
Top Bottom