QB heavy offseason | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB heavy offseason

I didn't list Brees and the Saints because I figured they would stick with each other, but that could open up. I think several of those guys are going to have to settle for a backup role. Perhaps we can nab one of them.

I would definitely not have a problem picking a QB in round 1.....as long as they can play linebacker.....

I think draft a backup qb early for a few reasons. 1. Upside and competition. 2. Salary cap benefits. Qb is expensive, backup vets cost (Moore 5m year) and with our current cap situation, this rookie contract can control that spot for 4/5 years. 3. If we hit, we have options...

This franchise just needs to cut ties with Tannehill. Move on. He just is not good enough. His pocket presence has always been poor and he just cant make the plays needed in the clutch. If Gase sticks with him then he will be fired.
Draft Mayfield if possible. Maybe sign a vet- Bridgewater or Taylor and see what they can do.
Build a defense like the Jags did and we might have hope.

Just to kind of add to the discussion I did a quick comparison of some of the QB's in the draft this year. I know this isn't the end all be all to who will be successful as a pro or not, but I thought it would be interesting.
I think some are a big fan of Baker Mayfield and for good reason. I have been saying I like Lamar Jackson if Mayfield isn't there, but Mason Rudolph doesn't look too bad either if we could get him in round 2. One interesting observation from the stats is I wouldn't have thought that Jackson would have basically the same TD to INT ratio as Rosen. Not saying they are wrong. They know a lot more than I do, but listening to the so-called experts on TV I don't get the impression Jackson is all that accurate, but Rosen is.

2018 QB Comparison.PNG

Back
Top Bottom