QB heavy offseason | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB heavy offseason

Never said Tannehill was great. Tyrod is terrible because he is a very limited QB. did he one last yr.

You are confused. So are all the members of the #QBwinz club. The Bills had the #6 ranked rushing offense and the 31st ranked passing offense. Does that clear things up? if thill17 made playoff he is hero in Miami. when tyrod was reason why they made playoff he is one of worst qb in nfl. that not case.

I realize you don't see it in Tannehill. That doesn't mean it is not there.
I can only go by what I have seen from thill17. from watch him over the yr. thill17 have not show me anything to be excited about. he is avg qb 7 to 8 win qb need competion period. that all I am saying. I can understand if he was arron rodger. that waste of pick. you are not going win superbowl w thill17. it going be hard making wildcard with him. I don't care about taylor because he is not on our team. if they let him go that good for us. the bills will be back to losing again. hey it not what i say. it what head coach and front office want. right now they feel that thill17 is their qb. all I can do watch and hope they know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Just a reminder guys to be respectful of other posters even if you disagree with them.

Any personal attacks will be deleted and could lead to points.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I can only go by what I have seen from thill17. from watch him over the yr. thill17 have not show me anything to be excited about. he is avg qb 7 to 8 win qb need competion period. that all I am saying. I can understand if he was arron rodger. that waste of pick. you are not going win superbowl w thill17. it going be hard making wildcard with him. I don't care about taylor because he is not on our team. if they let him go that good for us. the bills will be back to losing again. hey it not what i say. it what head coach and front office want. right now they feel that thill17 is their qb. all I can do watch and hope they know what they are doing.

It is not what I say either, but I do happen to agree with the head coach and front office. I believe Tannehill is good enough to win a SB with.

This year (again) has proven that the best QB doesn't always win the SB. It is an interesting fact that the regular season leader in passing yards has never won the SB. Brady had the chance to break a 51 year streak. It is now 52 years and counting. That shows something about NFL football being the ultimate team sport.

The Dolphins need a playmaker at the QB position. Someone that when the defense sends more than can be blocked who can make a play on his own. Or a guy who doesn't go through his progressions until he is sacked. We need some youth and excitement on offense. A new QB is needed in the worst way, you have to start building for the future today.

We haven't even seen the full market of backup level QBs yet. For example, if Denver signs Cousins, Trevor Siemian might be released. Siemian has enough talent and experience to qualify as a solid #2 option.

I would hope to sign a backup before the draft. That way, the front office doesn't feel any pressure to reach in the draft. In this scenario, the QB room is Tannehill, veteran #2, rookie #3, and if the rookie shows potential, the veteran backup could be dangled in a trade when someone's starter inevitably goes down.
Ding, ding, ding!!! I may be off here, but wasn't GASE involved with the donkeys when SIEMIAN was there? So my thinking was for our #2 QB: 1) SIEMIAN 2) TYROD TAYLOR 3) leftover Minnesota QB. I still think we need to find an "under study". My preference for that spot would be to grab MIKE WHITE in the 3rd. This way if we feel SIEMIAN could take over for TANNEHILL in '19, we could start SIEMIAN & have WHITE waiting in the wings for when SIEMIAN shows he's still SIEMIAN. Yeah, I think QB is VERY important.

I don't care if thill17 is starter or not I feel he need competition. The best QB will win job any way. Thill17 can not continue to win 6 to 8 game yr. IF tyrod can get bills to playoff. With no help from bills front office thill17 should at least get dolphins to wild card. Right now dolpins fight for second place with bills jets, and wild card team like jag.bal.ten sandiego.kc, oak hou
Well, you could make the argument that in his first and only season with Gase Tannehill got the Dolphins to 10 wins. Sure, he was injured for the stretch run, I see how you can say that. but you cannot really discount the games not played against him. And, we all recognize that it took the entire team a good 5 games to get up to speed with Gase's systems. From then on we played a lot better as a team, and Tannehill was tremendous.

I'm not sure it's wholly accurate to characterize him as a QB who wins 6-8 games a season unless you're just talking about pre-Gase. With Gase, I think he projects to be a 10 win a season QB. We can definitely win with what he has shown. To me, it seems that our failures this season only underscore how much he was missed. Wouldn't you say?

Then what is the plan if RT goes down with an injury in 2018? The Fins need to address backup QB.
Good question. What is the plan if Brady goes down? Rodgers? Brees? This league is hard enough with a competent QB, but I'm not really seeing any juggernaut teams who succeed without their QB's. I realize that Foles just won a Super Bowl, but most people saw that as an upset, and in the NFC Championship game he played another backup, Keenum.

I don't have a good answer to your question. It's a valid and very good question too. But then again, I'd say the vast majority of the NFL teams do not have answers to that question. Just the way it is in a 32 team league with about 20 NFL caliber starting QB's and a tight salary cap. :(

NE had a great plan until insecure Tom Brady said to get Jimmy G out. NE has a way of finding backups I'm sure they will again.

Agree it's hard to find a backup but when your supposed franchise QB has missed the past 20 games, and you just panicked and spent 10M on a completely wasted move that everyone with a brain knew was wrong at the time, telling the existing backup hey you are basically just our backup, well..... you'd better have a plan.

Ok, lets play the game. I am taking trading up off the table, I just do not see how we can afford to do that. Do you take:

Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph at 11?

I take...Mike White, but NOT at 11...pick him wherever he is projected...since that likely wouldn’t be in the early rounds, you can use those to fill our other needs...

Get a FA QB to be your back-up...

They need a back-up with game experience and they need to draft a QB in the 1st 2 days of the draft.

Was Fales a draft pick? Dougherty regressed IMO last year. Wonder if Gase attempted to change any of his mechanics. I thought Fales looked ok in the finale. I know if I am Moore I am gone as Gase showed me no love last year. As far as drafting a QB I don't think so until possibly the 5th round UNLESS Gase sees that stud in the first round like a Peyton Manning type he just can't pass on. I agree with Digital for the most part as I do not see QB as a high priority but I still draft one just late. Look if RT goes down again it could be Gases job and this is not about business its about winning now.

Fales came over from Chicago.

when have dolphins ever devolope qb?that why they need draft qb in rd 1 or 2. any qb that come to dolphins happy to be backup. I don't want him on this team.

Probably Scotty Mitchell or Jim Druckenmiller.

who else have dolphins draft in rd1 since 2000 as qb. the only one I know is thill17

He is probably referring to the wonderful Chad Henne, John Beck, and Pat White....all second round picks.

The Bills tried taking a QB late in the draft last year, Nate Peterman. Look where that got them. Now they are looking to do it right by taking a QB in the first round.

If we are taking a QB take one early, otherwise you are wasting the pick. Do it right the first time or you will be doing it again.

Probably Scotty Mitchell or Jim Druckenmiller.

He is probably referring to the wonderful Chad Henne, John Beck, and Pat White....all second round picks.

Scott Mitchell has to be the last one prior to Chad Henne...there was Josh Heupel, too.

John Beck was certainly polarizing around these parts, you either loved him/thought he didn't get a fair shake or hated him.

Pat White was just...Pat White. Wildcat QB? What was his purpose?

Tyler Thigpen was an odd duck, but we didn't draft him...same with Druckenmiller, I think he (Druckenmiller) was a 49ers draft pick originally.

We've never really drafted QBs that much, outside of Marino, Griese, Tannehill, Beck, Henne, Heupel, Mitchell, and the few odds and ends like Doughty.

Scott Mitchell has to be the last one prior to Chad Henne...there was Josh Heupel, too.

John Beck was certainly polarizing around these parts, you either loved him/thought he didn't get a fair shake or hated him.

Pat White was just...Pat White. Wildcat QB? What was his purpose?

Tyler Thigpen was an odd duck, but we didn't draft him...same with Druckenmiller, I think he (Druckenmiller) was a 49ers draft pick originally.

We've never really drafted QBs that much, outside of Marino, Griese, Tannehill, Beck, Henne, Heupel, Mitchell, and the few odds and ends like Doughty.

Forgot about Heupel. I thought we drafted Druckenmiller then traded him to SF? You could be right, I probably have it mixed up.

But all that goes back to the crux of the problem. We dont invest quality draft picks into the QB spot, and in the few times we did, we picked poorly. Pat White was the biggest headscratcher of them all.

Beck was already like 28 years old when we drafted him, and Henne....well....i'll just. leave. that. one. alone....

Back
Top Bottom