QB position. Good news, bad news kinda thing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB position. Good news, bad news kinda thing

People still have this misconception that when you worked with someone b4 mean "you know the offenses"

I can pretty much gurantee his offensive plays and calling are not exactly what he had when they were together in the past. He will have to learn; besides, do you think that every team has entirely different plays? No sorry to burst your bubbles. Every team has the same plays in their playbook, they just choose when to use them differently and what ones they will use more of... and they have a different play call for it.. that is all. The plays themselves are the same.
I'm not a NFL offensive coordinator, but my poor knowledge of the game allows me to consider that an offensive system is based on philosophy, development of skills, priorities, timing and language.
When a system is adopted by a team, the first three components are very hard to transfer. When a guy knowing the system gets in, the timing can be developed among a month or so, the language will need just a little adaptation phase, but while priorities keep the same, skills are the desired ones, and philosophy is well owned, the player can start far sooner and less erratic than a guy still getting in the system.

How do you know he's looking like the Duante of old? He's wearing a t-shirt out there! He looked good last year at this time too. It doesn't mean squat what he looks like right now. Wait till the pads go on and he's getting blitzed. i for one, will hold my judgement until then.

I agree, though I'm having a difficult time of it. After last year's injury drama and poor play, it's tough to just wipe the slate clean.

Yes and so does Lemon and Cpep...what's the big deal ?? Yes, Green has history with Shea and Cam and might be a good fit here. Cpep has operated in this base offense his entire pro career. (Yes, that's right, Linehan ran a version of the Luckman/Coryell/Turner offense.) Lemon has operated in this system most of his career as well. They all need to just resolve the timing issue...

There is so much being made of this Green saga that it's getting really old. If Cam-Mule was so worried that Cpep couldn't do the job or wasn't going to be physically ready, don't you think they'd have pulled the trigger by now ?? What's not being said by Cam-Mule speaks a lot louder than what is being said by anyone else...

The bad thing is that is the only thing that Green supporters can push. No matter how crappy he is he has played in this offense. Lemon should know Cam's offense as well as anybody, so why is Green so important?

Good news = We have quarterbacks to play

Bad news = We don't have any quarterbacks that can play

The bad thing is that is the only thing that Green supporters can push. No matter how crappy he is he has played in this offense. Lemon should know Cam's offense as well as anybody, so why is Green so important?

Funny how upset you get when people bash Culpepper for his recent play, but yet you throw around the same kinda garbage to make your point with Green, not taking into concideration his entire career which has been very solid and far from "crappy", but yet that's the exact logic you use to defend Culpepper to the "haters" is his entire career and not just post injury, your bias is so extreme it's impossible to take you seriously.

How do you know he's looking like the Duante of old? He's wearing a t-shirt out there! He looked good last year at this time too. It doesn't mean squat what he looks like right now. Wait till the pads go on and he's getting blitzed. i for one, will hold my judgement until then.

I don't. I did see video of him rolling out after getting back under center 3 weeks earlier than expected. I also read of first hand accounts as to his mobility returning. But, like you by the sounds of it, I am not holding my breath. I am however, cautiously optimistic that Daunte will prove healthier than last year and close to the Daunte of old. Then his trade value increases as I don't see this organization allowing him the chance to be the "guy". The "guy", IMO, will be Trent Green/John Beck for the forseeable future.

Culpepper and Green are both Pro Bowl QBs when healthy. Right now Green is coming off an injury and so is DC. As a Dolphin fan we want the best guy at QB when the games are for real in Sep. That's at least a few months down the road so what appears to be a hazy and confusing QB situation at the moment will certainly be clarified over the next 60-90 days which is plenty of time for the offense to be primed and ready. My gut feeling is that Cam doesn't feel like Culpepper is his kind of guy which is why we are going after Green. I loved it when DC became a Dolphin but I just don't know about the rehab and how his health will turn out. Nobody knows that and last year the whole DC thing blew up in our faces. Maybe we're dragging our feet on the Green thing to get a better reading on where DC is healthwise. It would be awesome to have an explosive, fully healthy Culpepper firing passes for my favorite team but can we count on that at this stage? I think not so we need to hedge our bet. That's where Green comes in and I think that both QBs will be on the team for a while fighting for the starting job. Let the winner start and if it's Green then it's time to trade DC and simply move on without him.

if we spend anything more than a #6 for a one year band-aid, i'll be pissed.

lets just forget green, have culpepper run the show for a year, and hope he plays well enough that we can get a draft pick for him next offseason.

The only reason DC is still here, is that he is our leverage on the Green deal. The more he is healthy the more the price of Green goes down.

Plain and simple !

When are we going to realize that we have a veteran quarterback and that he ain't in KC looking for a "gimme job". CP welcomes competition and Trent green is running from it!

that is so lame, Greene welcomes the challenge, when are our head coach and our so called GM going to realize that who ever they draft in the fourth round next year would never be able to compete with Trent Greene.This is why we will never get in the playoffs until we have a GM that realizes u have to pay the price to get great players.Why do u think New England wins .Think about it.

How can u say that Culpepper looks great, anyone can look good in shorts and t-shirt

Exactly! We paid the price to get a great player and now we want to exchange him for a guy that is afraid of "weighted competition".

Back
Top Bottom