QB's in the Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's in the Draft

I never compared hurt to Lamar. If you check out my post history I don't do player comps.
What I will state, hurt is by far a better prospect right now than love. I think hurt will go late 1st. My fear is he goes to NE.
Don't fear NE......fear the reaper.

I never compared hurt to Lamar. If you check out my post history I don't do player comps.
What I will state, hurt is by far a better prospect right now than love. I think hurt will go late 1st. My fear is he goes to NE.

Didn’t mean to accuse you of comparing him to Lamar that’s just what everyone else is doing.

Lamar is Vick like special. Quick twitch and uncanny redirection/acceleration. Hurts is just fast. And the reason you see him on the run so often is bc he doesn’t trust his gun. He’s fast and built like a fridge. People see how fast he is and think they can recreate a running offense around him - but the only reason that is working up in Baltimore is bc of Jackson’s goods (no one else has) and he actually sees the field. He actually ran a pro style O in college which set him upwell w/ this. Still surprised he put it together so quickly but he did it nonetheless.

you are far fetched to create an offensive juggernaut w/ hurts. You can maybe create a TOP run first offense. Similar to josh Allen in Buffalo right now but w/ out half the arm.

It ain’t gonna work w/ hurts the way folks want it too

I can tell ya that if tua gets the green light on that hip I’m sprinting the card up top 5 hell im probably gonna move to 2 for him.

that much I know. I think he’s just another level. Yep it’s a health risk and I wonder if he can take consistent contact that pro football produces but I’m still sprinting that card to the table.

What I worry about is when tuas hip gets extended just playing qb where you use your hips a ton and step into things etc how is his body gonna deal with it. If the prognosis is it’s no more risky than anyone else then I’m all in.

For me, I've swung back and forth, but this is the position I am settled on:

1. If Tua's medically checks out, I take him with our first, I even trade up if I have to, to secure him.
  2. Assuming Tua is off the table, if Burrow falls somehow to us, I wait about 1 second before running the card with his name on to the podium. Again if Tua's not an option, then I explore what it will take to trade with Cincy for #1.
  3. Tua and Borrow are gone we are picking, I'm looking to trade back 3 or 4 spots and taking Herbert or Love with that pick.
  4. Tua, Burrow, Herbert and Love off the table for whatever reason, trading back, back and back until we have a ton of 2021 picks then picking Hurts with a late first or early second, Hurts understands he's not guaranteed the spot and will need to prove in one season that he can be the franchise guy. I'm not sure this will work at all because he will need a scheme built around his skill set, which is something I don't we should do. So I hate this option and probably don't want it after all :)
  5. Burn a 2nd on Jacod Eason, I can't stomach using a first on him, just think he should have pulled up trees this year but has failed to meet expectations. Again I'm not building a team around Eason and fully intend at this stage to take another QB in 2021.
  6. Wait till 2021, got to hope we have a ton of capital and somehow have taken a first from a team that sucks badly next year.

My rankings for QBs, assuming they all declare (don't think Eason and Fromm will, and 50/50 on Tua)

1. Tua
2. Burrow
3. Herbert
4. Love
5. Hurts
6. Eason
7. Fromm
8. Huntley
9. Mond
10. No clue :)

Jake Fromm is a third year. He could come out early but it doesn't look very likely, to me. Everyone in Athens considers him to be the type that stays.

Hell I thought he was. Ok yeah he should go back to school. But that’s not great news for our pre snap/progression read options.

Miami ran out of good options for 2020 when Tua broke his hip.

If they take Justin Herbert or Jordan Love, those guys will need to sit for a year to learn. If they take Tua, he will likely need to sit for a year to make sure he's 100%.

It's hard to imagine Miami trying for Tom Brady or someone like that.

Hell I thought he was. Ok yeah he should go back to school. But that’s not great news for our pre snap/progression read options.
Fromm could benefit from another year. But I'll say love should have transferred to Oklahoma. Riley would vault him into a top 5 pick next year.
Lawrence fields and love could go 1 2 3

Bengals may Tank for Tua if medical sounds promising Draft Day. Just sayin....
That would make the draft lots of fun for us...

Last edited:
The 2021 QB class could be epic? Especially if some of these kids return to school for their Senior seasons. Imagine the top 5 - 7 picks in 2021 being Lawrence, Fields, Fromm, Ridder, perhaps even Tua. I'm sure there are other highly regarded QB's as well.

The 2021 QB class could be epic? Especially if some of these kids return to school for their Senior seasons. Imagine the top 5 - 7 picks in 2021 being Lawrence, Fields, Fromm, Ridder, perhaps even Tua. I'm sure there are other highly regarded QB's as well.
Yeah, to me that would be the perfect situation for us. We'd know more about Tua's status, and we could build a cast of players for a year on OL and Defense this draft. Having multiple picks this draft and next is going to give us a fantastic situation to build upon.

Back
Top Bottom