Quenton Nelson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quenton Nelson

mmikel30

Starter
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
No matter what!
Sure fire all pro can’t miss player at a position of need.

I mean he is probably the most glove fit need filler in the first round for Miami and arguably the BPA.

Slide him in at LG and you will likely see Tunsil's and Pouncey's play improve in the process.

I don't like advocating for corn in the top 15, but I would make a happy exception here.

Would run the card up there at 11 . . . He will not be there though.

If you can get a truly elite player at 11, there is no position outside of special teams that isn't warranted with the pick, especially if it's at a position of need. IMHO Nelson fits that bill. That said, if we rescind his option year and don't retain James, we seem to need a RT more than a guard at this point. I suppose Davis could kick out to RT, but he isn't a sure thing there.

I mean he is probably the most glove fit need filler in the first round for Miami and arguably the BPA.

Slide him in at LG and you will likely see Tunsil's and Pouncey's play improve in the process.

I don't like advocating for corn in the top 15, but I would make a happy exception here.

Would run the card up there at 11 . . . He will not be there though.

I bet he will be there, and we will pass on him. I don't think anyone's going to draft a guard in the top ten. It's rare, and when it has happened, it's been a disaster.

That said, I reluctantly agree. I don't consider myself a great judge of how college talent will translate to the pros, but if that kid isn't going to be a monster in the NFL, I'm a three headed Martian.

Albert Breer thinks Nelson is a better guard prospect than Zack Martin. If Nelson is that good, how can you pass that up.

I never said Tunsil was can’t miss the draft pundits had him as the number 1player in the draft...but as a guard Nelson is a can’t miss all pro guard baring any major injuries.

If history is any indication then we won't take a guard that high. The player I want and think is just as much a stud at his position is Roquan Smith. If Smith is already gone by our pick though(which I think he will be) then Nelson is my next choice.

If history is any indication then we won't take a guard that high. The player I want and think is just as much a stud at his position is Roquan Smith. If Smith is already gone by our pick though(which I think he will be) then Nelson is my next choice.

I agree that this regime seems to have indicated they aren't interested in taking guards early, but they also haven't been keen on grabbing LBs in the first round. I too like Smith's game, but with Kiko at WLB and McMillian at MLB, does Smith project well at SLB, and are we going to invest a #11 pick in a SLB?

I agree that this regime seems to have indicated they aren't interested in taking guards early, but they also haven't been keen on grabbing LBs in the first round. I too like Smith's game, but with Kiko at WLB and McMillian at MLB, does Smith project well at SLB, and are we going to invest a #11 pick in a SLB?
Smith wouldn't play SLB here, he'd play MLB, or WLB. Raekwon Mcmillian was projected as a SLB coming out of college, and would be the biggest lb of the bunch. Also keep in mind Kiko played better at MLB last season than WLB this year, Mcmillian hasnt played a down in the NFL, so his position is far from set in stone. Id personally put Mcmillian at SLB, Smith at MLB, and leave Kiko where he is with Kiko coming off the field in nickel. All of that being said however I have no idea if this FO would take Smith, but he would be my choice.

Smith wouldn't play SLB here, he'd play MLB, or WLB. Raekwon Mcmillian was projected as a SLB coming out of college, and would be the biggest lb of the bunch. Also keep in mind Kiko played better at MLB last season than WLB this year, Mcmillian hasnt played a down in the NFL, so his position is far from set in stone. Id personally put Mcmillian at SLB, Smith at MLB, and leave Kiko where he is with Kiko coming off the field in nickel. All of that being said however I have no idea if this FO would take Smith, but he would be my choice.

Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for. Wasn't sure if McMillan was suited for strong either., and if so, that makes the most sense. Smith does look like an elite LB and with the TE in the East we need much more athleticism at LB. I don't think they will kick Kiko inside myself even though his best play here was at MLB. And your right that McMillan as a pro is still a question mark, along with his health following a knee injury. If they really liked what they saw of McMillan at MLB in camp though, I could see them waiting until day 2 to grab a LB and going with the best SLB still on the board.

Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for. Wasn't sure if McMillan was suited for strong either., and if so, that makes the most sense. Smith does look like an elite LB and with the TE in the East we need much more athleticism at LB. I don't think they will kick Kiko inside myself even though his best play here was at MLB. And your right that McMillan as a pro is still a question mark, along with his health following a knee injury. If they really liked what they saw of McMillan at MLB in camp though, I could see them waiting until day 2 to grab a LB and going with the best SLB still on the board.
If they're adamant on putting Mcmillian at MLB then it doesn't work with Smith because unfortunately it doesn't appear at all like the coaches and FO dislike Alanso like all of the fans do, and I can't picture either of them at SLB. It's kind of weird though because it's possible the FO could see Smith as the type of player who doesn't fit with our current group, But he's Exactly what we need on defense... an athletic LB who can go sideline to sideline and cover TE's and RB's. We do play nickel more times than not though, so 3 lbs won't be on the field much anyway and Kiko is useless in coverage so again Smith would be perfect. My biggest fear though is that the coaching staff and FO will see the Trio of Mcmillian, Alanso, and Anthony as a strength and ignore LB... which would be a big mistake.

If they're adamant on putting Mcmillian at MLB then it doesn't work with Smith because unfortunately it doesn't appear at all like the coaches and FO dislike Alanso like all of the fans do, and I can't picture either of them at SLB. It's kind of weird though because it's possible the FO could see Smith as the type of player who doesn't fit with our current group, But he's Exactly what we need on defense... an athletic LB who can go sideline to sideline and cover TE's and RB's. We do play nickel more times than not though, so 3 lbs won't be on the field much anyway and Kiko is useless in coverage so again Smith would be perfect. My biggest fear though is that the coaching staff and FO will see the Trio of Mcmillian, Alanso, and Anthony as a strength and ignore LB... which would be a big mistake.

I think Anthony was brought in as a 4th LB option because there are question marks about Raekwon still regarding health, more than as a replacement for Timmons. If he was going to be the thrid LB he would have got more burn at the tail end of the season IMHO. I think them cutting Timmons means they realize they need one more young athletic LB. It's just a matter of whether its someone at strong or mike. I didn't realize Mcmillan was suited for SLB, and given that, then I agree Smith could easily be a target in round 1 at mike.

I've seen him consistently mocked in the top 10 and sometimes in the top 5.

Of course, that really means nothing. I think he would be a great pick, turning a huge weakness into a strength.

Back
Top Bottom