Question about premium membership | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about premium membership

Ducken

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
How do you go about being invited to be a premium member? Number of posts? Being one of the boys club? Call me selfish, but if I am going to give that kinda money I want it to be premium:wink:

Ducken said:
How do you go about being invited to be a premium member? Number of posts? Being one of the boys club? Call me selfish, but if I am going to give that kinda money I want it to be premium:wink:
Brother it's by invite only, and is 85.00 a year.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Brother it's by invite only, and is 85.00 a year.:wink:

I know it is by invite only, thats why I asked this question. "How do you go about being invited to be a premium member?" Was just wanting to know what you had to do to get that invite. I understand that there is limited openings for this and everything else. I am thinking of giving some more money other then the 24 for VIP and would prefer that it be of the Premium type then just a donation. But if it has to be just a donation so be it, but I have been a member here for a long time and I don't cause any trouble, but I don't post 100 times a day or try to be in with a certain crowed here, just try to have good disscusions with everyone and get along. In other words I kinda blend in with the crowd, and I would like to get a invite.

I guess a better question would be . What do you have to do to get an answer to a legit question?

Ducken said:
I know it is by invite only, thats why I asked this question. "How do you go about being invited to be a premium member?" Was just wanting to know what you had to do to get that invite. I understand that there is limited openings for this and everything else. I am thinking of giving some more money other then the 24 for VIP and would prefer that it be of the Premium type then just a donation. But if it has to be just a donation so be it, but I have been a member here for a long time and I don't cause any trouble, but I don't post 100 times a day or try to be in with a certain crowed here, just try to have good disscusions with everyone and get along. In other words I kinda blend in with the crowd, and I would like to get a invite.
I am sorry I didn't see this sooner bro. I just got an email from AJ one day offering it to me. PM Wharfrat or Mindwarp, and I am sure they will get back to you bro.

Ducken said:
I guess a better question would be . What do you have to do to get an answer to a legit question?
Bro I can't speak for the Mods, as they are probably just busy, and they aren't ignoring you bro.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I am sorry I didn't see this sooner bro. I just got an email from AJ one day offering it to me. PM Wharfrat or Mindwarp, and I am sure they will get back to you bro.

It is more then a little frustrating, I have had other questions before go unanswered that were sent by pm and even e-mail. You would think that one of the 4 or so Admins could at least acnowledge this post within 24 hours. The hunting web site I am a Moderator on, we would not leave one of our members hanging like that. We might not beable to give them an answer right away but atleast they would know that there was an answer coming. Granted that site does not recieve the volume of traffic this site gets but still, IMHO there is no reason not to let the person know his question has been read and a good answer is coming. But I am glad you have resopnded to this post. You command a grerat deal of respect around here, and maybe they assumed that your 1st response would be enough. IMHO they need to make you a Mod. if that is a position you would take. Well anyway I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Ducken said:
It is more then a little frustrating, I have had other questions before go unanswered that were sent by pm and even e-mail. You would think that one of the 4 or so Admins could at least acnowledge this post within 24 hours. The hunting web site I am a Moderator on, we would not leave one of our members hanging like that. We might not beable to give them an answer right away but atleast they would know that there was an answer coming. Granted that site does not recieve the volume of traffic this site gets but still, IMHO there is no reason not to let the person know his question has been read and a good answer is coming. But I am glad you have resopnded to this post. You command a grerat deal of respect around here, and maybe they assumed that your 1st response would be enough. IMHO they need to make you a Mod. if that is a position you would take. Well anyway I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I'm sorry, I read your question and had a question about it myself, so I had to find something out first. I should have said something but, I thought I'd be back to it in a minute. Instead, I couldn't get my question answered right away and then I got busy with something else, and boom, next thing you know, I'm getting lambasted for shirking my duties. :lol:

I really am sorry, Ducken.:D

Premium membership is by nomination and vote, by existing premium members.

There is a vote coming again in March and the only thing I can do for you personally is bring your name up for consideration.

I would campaign for you which would virtually guarantee your acceptance but, my old beat up car isn't running too well and it would be too hard for me to get around, passing out flyers, staging rallies, shaking hands...etc etc... I really need a new car but I don't know where I'll ever find the money to get one....*sigh*

Thank you Thank you thank you. I appreciate your honesty I and I can completly understand, was just getting a tad frustrated there. With it being a nomination thing like that I can see how someone like myself could get lost in the crowd. I don't do a great deal of posting, although I have been of late, one of those spurts I go through, I don't create a bunch of threads, so I don't get the "pub" like some of the other guys who post a ton do. Like I said I am interested and if it happens it happens if not I'll donate some anyway.

Thanks again!!

*cough cough....ahem*

inFINSible said:
I would campaign for you which would virtually guarantee your acceptance but, my old beat up car isn't running too well and it would be too hard for me to get around, passing out flyers, staging rallies, shaking hands...etc etc... I really need a new car but I don't know where I'll ever find the money to get one....*sigh*

I hope I'm not the only one who see's what's really going on here.....

This VIP Forum / Premium Membership is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP / Premium Superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP / Premium members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum / Premium members are only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done....

I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:

This VIP Forum is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum is only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done. I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Seriously...where have you been?
The VIP forum has been around for over a year, and you are the very first to complain about it.
Methinks you may be protesting, for the sake of protesting.

WharfRat said:
Seriously...where have you been?
The VIP forum has been around for over a year, and you are the very first to complain about it.

I highly doubt that I'm the very first, and only person to voice his own personal negative opinion of the VIP Forum. Here I am getting singled out again. Big surprise there. This place has become more and more corrupt with inflated ego's and arm chair GM's than we can handle anymore....

Here's a great thread that about sums it all up....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=125880

Methinks you may be protesting, for the sake of protesting.

Since when is a personal opinion considered protesting???...

Methinks people who say "methinks", need to learn proper vocabulary.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:

This VIP Forum / Premium Membership is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP / Premium Superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP / Premium members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum / Premium members are only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done....

I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!
I take exception to your post. I am not bigger or better then anyone here at Finheaven. I became a premium member because I wanted to help the site to which I really enjoy, and care about bro. Perhaps sometime away from the board to relax a little will help.:wink:

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

We are equal. Some of us just got a little tired of "Zach Thomas to RB" so we ponied up a little dough to have some more mature conversations. That's all there is to it. I think you just like complaining.

Back
Top Bottom