Question about premium membership | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about premium membership

WharfRat said:
Seriously...where have you been?
The VIP forum has been around for over a year, and you are the very first to complain about it.
Methinks you may be protesting, for the sake of protesting.

If I'm truly the first member to complain about the VIP Forum, then where did I find this little nugget???...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89784

Step One : Open Mouth

Step Two : Insert Foot

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
If that were in fact the case, my words of "vocabulary advice" that I made to you would have gone in one ear and out the other. Why would someone with such high confidence in their vocab skills{as you're claiming to have} have an issue with someone questioning it???....

Sure doesn't sound like confidence to me....
Considering I've not used "blah, blah, blah", to the effect of a child with his finger in his ear, not wanting to hear what's being said, I'll let my statements stand on their own merit.

BLITZKRIEG said:
There's no definition for the word "methinks". In other words, it doesn't even exist. It's a way of shortcutting, or using a slang-term. In my opinion, slang = poor vocabulary. I didn't claim anywhere that my vocabulary is superior to anyone's here, including yours....
Methinks = olde english.
In fact it is most certainly a word.
Allow me to show you:
Methinks (Me*thinks") (?), v. impers.
[imp. Methought (?).]
[AS. þyncan to seem, me¯ þynceð, me¯ þu¯hte, OE. me thinketh, me thoughte; akin to G. dünken to seem, denken to think, and E. think. See Me, and Think.]

It seems to me; I think. See Me. [R., except in poetry.] "In all ages poets have been had in special reputation, and, methinks, not without great cause." Spenser.

http://www.selfknowledge.com/59547.htm

Perhaps you might peruse that site, you may very well glean some knowlege from it. :wink:
BLITZKRIEG said:
There was no logic therein. It was all just mindless rambling of yours in attempt to further defend / make excuses for the way the system is set up. Better description : YAWN....
Oh, but there was logic there. It's a shame you can't see it. I suppose that happens when one closes their mind.
BLITZKRIEG said:
I don't have anything to say about the system other than I think it sucks. What else do you want, that's about as cut and dry / up front and direct as I know how to be. That's my retort that you're waiting for.....

You obviously support the way things are set up around here, and that's fine, I just happen to disagree, along with most of the people who are feeling the effects of it. It's already too late to stop as well, the conception of the VIP Forum will ultimately segregate the members of this board, and before long you'll have an all out war between the two sides....

Most VIP's don't get along with us bottom feeders down here, and vice versa. I just hope the people in charge have a great solution once all hell breaks loose between the two sides. It could be complete anarchy!, twenty years of darkness!, fire and brimstone!, cats and dogs living together!, MASS HYSTERIA!!!!.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Bottom line is, you don't have to like the rules. however you do have to obey them. Complaining about retribution after deliberately breaking them, is not only futile, but also detrimental.
I think most of what you site as truth, is merely your personal opinion of perhaps one or two VIP/Permium members. I'm sure that most of the other non-VIP members do not agree with you. If they did, this forum would be chock full of threads about it. Looking around, I see one or two people griping, besides yourself. There are thousands of othe active members who seem content with the way things are.
Cheers.

BLITZKRIEG said:
If I'm truly the first member to complain about the VIP Forum, then where did I find this little nugget???...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89784

Step One : Open Mouth

Step Two : Insert Foot

PHINZ RULE!!!

Let's see.
There are almost 20 pages in that thread.
I scanned about 4 of them and saw all positive.
I'm not going through that whole thing just to find one negative comment, that was probably addressed in the thread, and accepted.
By the way... you really had to dig for that little "proof" of yours, didn't you.
Must have taken up quite a bit of your most valuable time.
I'm certainly impressed that the need to prove me wrong, in some way, has become such an obsession with you. Must be fulfilling to finally find something to make you believe that you actually have.

Step One: Drop it

Step Two: Leave it dropped.

Wow did this thread get highjacked or what:lol: It is a shame when ppl can't stop while they are ahead.

FinFrenzy said:
:cooldude: It just had me thinking My God those guys with badges must be some donating like crazy.

speaking of donating badges... where did mine go???

Back
Top Bottom