Question For CK And Other Draft Guru's: 2012 Draft Pass Rushers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question For CK And Other Draft Guru's: 2012 Draft Pass Rushers

Mercilus is buyer beware for me. only one year of production. on top of that, i don't think he's fluid enough to be a OLB. he's strictly a 4-3 DE in my book

I'm with you there. I think Mercilus is overrated. I was just having a short twitter conversation with Rob Rang about he, Cam Johnson and Vinny Curry last week. We agreed that Mercilus looks overrated, that Vinny Curry looks slow and stiff and Rob brought up that he also disappeared during important stretches of games, and we both really like Cam Johnson and aren't phased by lack of numbers.

yeah i don't think upshaws in play for miami...i think he falls in the teens early 20's...and i just don't see a whole lot of stand up edge pass rush talent in this draft to get excited about...if its me i go into the free agency period looking to supplement my pass rush at olb with a thrifty veteran or young pup who just needs reps addition...and look elsewhere in the draft...i like the position talent that is likely gonna be in this draft much more at positions other than stand up edge rusher...

I am going to agree with CK on Upshaw. I think he is the best 34 outside linebacker prospect in the draft. The thing that I like is that he makes plays on the big stage. He has had a productive 2011 campaign (7.5 sacks, 1 INT) and he got to the quarterback against Florida and LSU and in Bama's win against the Florida Gators he also took an interception to the house. Two teams I see Upshaw really drawing interest from are the Chargers and the Jets.

Another pass rusher I am keen on is Whitney Mercilus out of Illinois. Mercilus will be able to either a 43 or 34 defense at the next level and has great size sitting at 6"4, 265 lbs. He has racked up 14.5 sacks thus far in the 2011 season. Mercilus is only a junior so it's no lock that he declares but if he does he is a top 45 pick without question.

Ronnell Lewis out of Oklahoma is another player I really like as a pass rusher. Doesn't possess the best size and his numbers don't jump off the charts at you but the guy is a good player. Teams like the Packers or Patriots will have their eye on this player come April.

Huge fan of Lewis. I think he could be great in both the 4-3 and 3-4. Not only is he a good pass-rusher but he has strong instincts and is a good tackler as well.

An underrated player that i'm interested in is Sammy Brown out of Houston. He plays against weaker competition but his production is excellent and he has solid measurables as a pass-rushing LB at the next level. I'd definitely want NE to consider him in the middle to late rounds

Vinny Curry is blah to me. I think he gets handled by good left tackle's easily. Cam Johnson is interesting as I saw him first hand against the Terrapins.

Mercilus is not overrated IMO. I've watched him and he has some nice moves to keep defenders hands off of him. I think he will be a better stand-up player at the next level and think the Dolphins should have interest in the top of round 2

Back
Top Bottom