Question For CK and Others RE: Barkley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question For CK and Others RE: Barkley

Picking QBs is like falling in love. Your match speaks to you. Some teams are going to love Matt Barkley and some teams aren't. Look at Cam Newton. Some teams loved him, some teams absolutely hated him. Now the teams that absolutely hate him most are the teams that have to play him.

Ultimately Brandon Weeden's age and injury history will not allow any team to draft him in the top 5 or top 10, in my opinion. But after that, he's fair game, depending on your need level. Matt Barkley should be graded as a better prospect. He's not as good a quarterback in my personal opinion, not yet, but he's a lot younger and he's close enough that you have to think he stands a good shot of being just as good if not better.

do you like Landry Jones?

barkley will come out this year. he's the #2 QB.

i wish he was taller. i think he'll be a dolphin.

barkley will come out this year. he's the #2 QB.

i wish he was taller. i think he'll be a dolphin.
I wish he was a baller.

Anybody?

Regarding Weeden, his age isn't my biggest concern, it's his shoulder. The only ones that will have a decent insight to that are the team doctors, and even then we only have to look at our own history to see how that can go terribly wrong (Brees).

I wish he was a baller.

Anybody?

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl that looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a six-four Impala

#respect

If Luck, Barkley, et al decide to come out, is it fair to say that this may be one of the deepest QB draft classes in a good while?

If Luck, Barkley, et al decide to come out, is it fair to say that this may be one of the deepest QB draft classes in a good while?

Maybe. Last year's QB draft was deep. For example, you have four guys from last year's draft that are already playing, and three of them playing pretty darn well. A few years from now I wouldn't be surprised if more like six or seven guys from that Draft are playing, many of them playing pretty well.

Maybe. Last year's QB draft was deep. For example, you have four guys from last year's draft that are already playing, and three of them playing pretty darn well. A few years from now I wouldn't be surprised if more like six or seven guys from that Draft are playing, many of them playing pretty well.

What about quality over quantity? How many of last year's QBs do you think would turn into "serviceable" quarterbacks vs "franchise" quarterbacks (obviously opinion vs data-driven).

It just seems that this year has the potential to put some franchise QBs on some teams, maybe a higher hit-to-miss ratio than usual. Of course, who the hell knows for sure.

This year's quarterbacks class is top-heavy compared with last year's. Andrew Luck should out-play Cam Newton. When it gets right down to it, Matt Barkley and Brandon Weeden should probably outplay Ryan Mallett and Christian Ponder, my next two highest rated QBs from last year. Landry Jones could outplay Blaine Gabbert, my fourth and final 1st round prospect from 2011. My next tier of QBs featured T.J. Yates at the top, and I imagine the odds are with Ryan Tannehill ending up a better pro than him. I think Robert Griffin compares with Colin Kaepernick. Ryan Lindley is quickly becoming the next Jake Locker, only not in the drafted #8 overall way, more in the negative way. Kellen Moore probably compares well with Andy Dalton. Nick Foles and Ricky Stanzi might compare favorably.

This year's quarterbacks class is top-heavy compared with last year's. Andrew Luck should out-play Cam Newton. When it gets right down to it, Matt Barkley and Brandon Weeden should probably outplay Ryan Mallett and Christian Ponder, my next two highest rated QBs from last year. Landry Jones could outplay Blaine Gabbert, my fourth and final 1st round prospect from 2011. My next tier of QBs featured T.J. Yates at the top, and I imagine the odds are with Ryan Tannehill ending up a better pro than him. I think Robert Griffin compares with Colin Kaepernick. Ryan Lindley is quickly becoming the next Jake Locker, only not in the drafted #8 overall way, more in the negative way. Kellen Moore probably compares well with Andy Dalton. Nick Foles and Ricky Stanzi might compare favorably.

So, your saying we should either draft Luck or Kellen Moore?

I must admit, it is funny to me that me and you were basically the only ones so high on Yates. I really wish we had that kid. Any word on how he has looking so far with Houston? Obviously hasn't played in games, but meaning camp and practices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, it is funny to me that me and you were basically the only ones so highly on Yates. I really wish we had that kid. Any word on how he has looking so far with Houston? Obviously hasn't played in games, but meaning camp and practices.
When I heard the Houston training camp report on NFL Radio ealier this year they (Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan) were very impressed with how good Yates looked in camp.

Back
Top Bottom