Quinn falls to #9 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn falls to #9

Its highly unlikely but there is a possibility of it happening.. his stock has fell a little due to his performance in the Sugar Bowl and may fall some more as he will not play in the senior bowl...So with that in mind, heres a possibility

Oakland- Russel OBVIOUSLY

Detroit-Joe Thomas-I have a feeling they go with him bc Kevin Jones is injured, may not be available for start of next year and their oline was the worst in the nfl. They COULD go running back depending on the severity of Jones injury, just dont know if they want to gamble on Peterson.

Cleveland-Adrian Peterson or Alan Branch. They need DTs and a premier back. Their running back is Reuben Droughns?! come on

Tampa-Calvin Johnson, I think that ones easy..Signed their Qb, now they give him weapons.. plus they go with BPA when they have many needs (Calvin Johnson is either first or second on most NFL boards)

Arizona-Gaines Adams or even Omobi Okoye- surprise pick of the draft if he has good predraft numbers

Houston- Marshall Lynch. Ive read from sources that they will stick with Carr ONE MORE YEAR to see how Carr has developed in Kubiak's system.

Minnesota- Jamaal Anderson. Ive read and her from insane Vike Fans that Childress thinks highly of Tarvaris Jackson and will not go QB and wont go WR in the 1st round. They desperately need pass rushers.

Miami-Brady Quinn :)

Now in the case that this draft did occur and Miami was on the clock.. Who would be in favor to take Quinn, or what are the other choices.. I personally feel that the type of coach Cam is, he would never pass on a QB with such an NFL cerebral pocket passer-type like Quinn.

Oh man, if this scenario happened, that would be so sweet...

Its highly unlikely but there is a possibility of it happening.. his stock has fell a little due to his performance in the Sugar Bowl and may fall some more as he will not play in the senior bowl...So with that in mind, heres a possibility

Oakland- Russel OBVIOUSLY

Detroit-Joe Thomas-I have a feeling they go with him bc Kevin Jones is injured, may not be available for start of next year and their oline was the worst in the nfl. They COULD go running back depending on the severity of Jones injury, just dont know if they want to gamble on Peterson.

Cleveland-Adrian Peterson or Alan Branch. They need DTs and a premier back. Their running back is Reuben Droughns?! come on

Tampa-Calvin Johnson, I think that ones easy..Signed their Qb, now they give him weapons.. plus they go with BPA when they have many needs (Calvin Johnson is either first or second on most NFL boards)

Arizona-Gaines Adams or even Omobi Okoye- surprise pick of the draft if he has good predraft numbers

Houston- Marshall Lynch. Ive read from sources that they will stick with Carr ONE MORE YEAR to see how Carr has developed in Kubiak's system.

Minnesota- Jamaal Anderson. Ive read and her from insane Vike Fans that Childress thinks highly of Tarvaris Jackson and will not go QB and wont go WR in the 1st round. They desperately need pass rushers.

Miami-Brady Quinn :)

Now in the case that this draft did occur and Miami was on the clock.. Who would be in favor to take Quinn, or what are the other choices.. I personally feel that the type of coach Cam is, he would never pass on a QB with such an NFL cerebral pocket passer-type like Quinn.

i kind of cant believe no one has brought this up but its not that important. Either way, we have the 9th pick, not the 8th....you forgot to include washington.

I dont like the idea of Quinn. I think he may be a touch overrated. Ive seen some of his games and hes shown me nothing that puts him as a top pick.

I agree. He is overrated!

Thank you. Ive been saying this since day 1. Quinn is no good, hes way overrated. Drew Stanton is the QB to draft. He will be much better in the NFL than Quinn. Ive never like Quinn, but if by some chance we did draft him, i would give him a shot to prove himself. But i dont want him.

If Brady Quinn is there we HAVE to take him, Mel Kiper will MAKE us pick Brady Quinn, plus now that we have Cam Cam he wants a smart QB and Brady Quinn will be his guy

i kind of cant believe no one has brought this up but its not that important. Either way, we have the 9th pick, not the 8th....you forgot to include washington.

Washington will stick with Campbell anyway IMO.

I could see the Lions drafting Quinn, unless they really really love Kitna. It also depends how much money we want to put into our QB situation, Daunte is making good money and I believe it would be stupid to release him without seeing what he can do if healthy.

Personally if Quinn is there at #9 Id like us to consider trading down, because you know someone will give up some picks to get him. Then take a guy like Stanton in the third to develope.

If we got Quinn we would cut Daunte for future salary cap reasons. I dont think he falls but then again you never know

If we got Quinn we would cut Daunte for future salary cap reasons. I dont think he falls but then again you never know

Then who do we start?

Harrington is a disaster, Cleo has upside but no experience, Quinn is a rookie.

Releasing Daunte before you even get a glimpse of him healthy would be a horrible mistake IMO.

In the end its a tough decision.

If you hold onto Daunte and he plays poorly you still have no QB, but if you release him and he ends up somewhere else playing well you look foolish.

I'd prefer we keep Harrington and Culpepper. Culpepper to see if he can actually show anything (not likely but hopefully so), Harrington to provide insurance and continue to develop, and draft a guy like Quinn who can be our future insurance in case both fail.

Then who do we start?

Harrington is a disaster, Cleo has upside but no experience, Quinn is a rookie.

Releasing Daunte before you even get a glimpse of him healthy would be a horrible mistake IMO.

In the end its a tough decision.

If you hold onto Daunte and he plays poorly you still have no QB, but if you release him and he ends up somewhere else playing well you look foolish.

If we draft Quinn, he's going to start before the year is up. You're not going to pay 5 million for someone to sit on a bench on purpose. Its not going to happen because Quinn wont be there in all likelihood so dont sweat it. If we draft Quinn our record in 2007 is going to be irrelevant. 2008 is what people are going to be looking forward too

If we draft Quinn, he's going to start before the year is up. You're not going to pay 5 million for someone to sit on a bench on purpose. Its not going to happen because Quinn wont be there in all likelihood so dont sweat it. If we draft Quinn our record in 2007 is going to be irrelevant. 2008 is what people are going to be looking forward too

But what if Quinn is a complete bust and Daunte plays well somewhere else?

See thats what I dont like about the whole situation, way to many different possibilities. If we do draft Quinn it should be because Cam has evaluated Daunte and feels as though he will never be a good QB again.

Oh and assuming we did release Daunte Id rather just have Quinn start from day one....or Lemon. Enough of Joey....

I dont believe he will actually be there, but you never know.

See thats what I dont like about the whole situation, way to many different possibilities. If we do draft Quinn it should be because Cam has evaluated Daunte and feels as though he will never be a good QB again.

Oh and assuming we did release Daunte Id rather just have Quinn start from day one....or Lemon. Enough of Joey....

If we draft Quinn its because Cameron feels Culpepper doesnt fit his scheme or is washed up. Trust Cameron's judgement on this. He's not going to draft a QB with our first round pick if he thinks Culpepper is going to be good. I think we'll draft Ginn or defense personally. Defense has better value but he's an offense guy

Considering our luck with QB's, Daunte probably will end up playing well elsewhere. I just don't think our offense is really tailored to him. We don't have consistent and speedy WR's who can make catches. We don't have a superb OL to block all day for him to throw. Not to mention he's not a very good QB at reading defenses.

Everyone didn't think Leinart would be available past the 5th pick but he really dropped. Quinn is roughly the same QB as Leinart except a bit better physically.

Considering our luck with QB's, Daunte probably will end up playing well elsewhere. I just don't think our offense is really tailored to him. We don't have consistent and speedy WR's who can make catches. We don't have a superb OL to block all day for him to throw. Not to mention he's not a very good QB at reading defenses.

Everyone didn't think Leinart would be available past the 5th pick but he really dropped. Quinn is roughly the same QB as Leinart except a bit better physically.

I like Quinn, but Im not sold on him 100% as a franchise QB is all. So Im reluctant to draft him there.

Like I said if he fell Id love to try and trade down a few spots, and pick up some extra picks.

I like Quinn, but Im not sold on him 100% as a franchise QB is all. So Im reluctant to draft him there.

Like I said if he fell Id love to try and trade down a few spots, and pick up some extra picks.

Charlie Weis has had real success with Quinn and considering the last QB Weis handled, I'd be inclined to agree with Weis' assessment of Quinn.

I don't think a lot of teams will try to trade up considering they could get him if we pass or just get a lower QB like Palmer or Stanton. It's either draft or pass for us. Only teams below us that may need a QB are the Jags and Chiefs. But they've got pretty low picks and considering they'd have to fork up a lot just to move up from their spot, they won't do it.

Back
Top Bottom