Quote about Saban by Belichick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quote about Saban by Belichick

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
My wife bought me nick Saban's book for Christmas, and if you haven't read it, the foreward is written by Bill Belichick and he had some quite sensational things to say about Nick Saban. What follows are some excerpts I put together from it:
To begin with, he [Saban] is exceptionally bright. Nick and I worked together for four years and have been freinds and colleagues for two decades, and there is no doubt that I have learned more from him than he has learned from me. !!:eek:!! He is an extremely intelligent person-and that extends well beyond football...

Nick Saban is one of the most complete coaches I have ever met. Most coaches have strengths in different areas, but Nick is strong in virtually every aspect of the game: recruiting, motivation, knowledge of schemes and techniques, communication, and managin personnel. He succees by at all times exhibiting traitscrucial to any leader- among them intelligence, strength, tenacitymenergy, intensity, and focus. He succeeds because, above all, he is commited to winning. We can all learn some important lessons about leadership from Nick...

Not only does Nick develop outstanding young men on the football field, but he has an impressive ability to develop young coaches as well... Our Patriots staff alone-a staff talented and fortunate enough to have made its team world champion last year, has three coaches groomed by Nick... And Nick was absolutley instrumental in developing the criteria we use for scouting and drafting defensive players...-Bill Belichick

What more can you say....I think this is a bit about helping to sell a few extra books nonetheless - he confirms many of the things that I have been thinking about Saban.

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it!

that last paragraph is something i haven't heard before. good stuff, although bill b. uses a bit of fluff when talking about others

Wow, thanks for posting that. I love Saban and he has lived up to everything said by Belichick thus far. I think it's quite obvious that Saban is a proven winner, seeing what he did this year, at Michigan State and obviously LSU.

I can't wait to see what our team does next year.

Penthos said:
My wife bought me nick Saban's book for Christmas, and if you haven't read it, the foreward is written by Bill Belichick and he had some quite sensational things to say about Nick Saban. What follows are some excerpts I put together from it:

B.B. sure has a high opinion of Saban. I'm sure Saban is proud to be complimented like this by such a successful NFL coach.

Penthos said:

I was thinking about buying the book. How is it.

Just looking at the sad excuse for available coaches for teams looking this offseason makes Saban such a huge acquisition. If we had waited another year we'd be fighting over Gregg Williams or Mike Tice :eek:

tofishfan said:
What more can you say....I think this is a bit about helping to sell a few extra books nonetheless - he confirms many of the things that I have been thinking about Saban.

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it!

You know what this means! we got the real deal while the Patriots have the imitation crab salad!

HysterikiLL said:
Just looking at the sad excuse for available coaches for teams looking this offseason makes Saban such a huge acquisition. If we had waited another year we'd be fighting over Gregg Williams or Mike Tice :eek:

Not even Gregg Williams. He signed an extension to stay in Washington. We would be fighting for the likes of Tice, Mariucci, and Ron Rivera.

Samphin said:
Not even Gregg Williams. He signed an extension to stay in Washington. We would be fighting for the likes of Tice, Mariucci, and Ron Rivera.

I wouldn't knock Ron Rivera! I am not saying he is better then Saban because that is yet to be proven and I don't know if he is but he has done a hell of a job as a DC for Chicago and I can see him as a good HC!

JuanchoColombia said:
the paragraph about Rivers was said by Saban or by Belichick?

No, that's a quote by a poster who will be proven wrong within a few years.

Saban and Belichick will have some good chess matches in the AFC for the next few years.

tmny99 said:
Saban and Belichick will have some good chess matches in the AFC for the next few years.

Yep, and sooner rather than later, it will be Saban saying, "checkmate" :D

Penthos said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a transcript to Nick's book for those exact quotes! A few of my fellow AFC East correspondents and I have been having a bit of an argument about the content of those quotes. I kept insisting that Bill admits Nick taught him more than Bill taught Nick, and that Nick developed the system they use to evaluate defensive players. The only quote I could find was some crappy Tampa Bay newspaper back in the day.

Good work!

Back
Top Bottom