Quote about Saban by Belichick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quote about Saban by Belichick

ckparrothead said:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a transcript to Nick's book for those exact quotes! A few of my fellow AFC East correspondents and I have been having a bit of an argument about the content of those quotes. I kept insisting that Bill admits Nick taught him more than Bill taught Nick, and that Nick developed the system they use to evaluate defensive players. The only quote I could find was some crappy Tampa Bay newspaper back in the day.

Good work!

I'm sure if you had asked on these boards that someone(like me) could have gotten you the quotes.

If you notice the LSU players on the New England roster, that is the Nick Saban influence. My good friend who follows college ball alot said last year when we got Saban that Belechick was calling Saban to get ideas and strategies every couple of weeks.

now does that sound like a guy who is teaching Saban?

Interesting.

Not only does Nick develop outstanding young men on the football field, but he has an impressive ability to develop young coaches as well... Our Patriots staff alone-a staff talented and fortunate enough to have made its team world champion last year, has three coaches groomed by Nick... And Nick was absolutley instrumental in developing the criteria we use for scouting and drafting defensive players...-Bill Belichick

How nice, our current head coach managed to help our division rival build its winning team. Oh well, at least he's on our side now and can atone for helping make the Pats what they are by getting the Dolphins to the promised land. :)

if he only could be so lucky and find a tom brady in the 6th round

what is the name of nicks book ? i have to get it can someone send me link to a bookstore that maybe has the ISBN number for it so my bookstore here in germany can order it for me ?

thanks

Good post, after watching Wanny fumble around and spend all his time learning and NEVER using anything that he learned. It is like a dream to see someone who knows how to get the best out of the team :cool: He knows how to draft :) :) and he learns when he makes a mistake :tongue: I saw a few times that I wanted to toss something heavy at one of his calls but like he said they where not worried about wins and losses. they never expected to get as close as they did. ;) ;) :) this was to weed out the dead wood and to see who the warriors are. to see who needs to be replaced in the offseason. I am so dam happy that he has the oars and the ship is starting to move forward instead of around and around :dolphins:

I wish the Books a Millon here carried his book. I keep droping hints to the wife that I want it for the old B-day coming up.

Maynard said:
that last paragraph is something i haven't heard before. good stuff, although bill b. uses a bit of fluff when talking about others

I think Bill is buttering Saban up so he does not wip up on NE in years to come...:D

that's a great quote about evaluating talent. Makes me excited about coach Saban's upcoming draft selection

Here is the best part about the review on Amazon: a Pats fan gushing over Saban...

5 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
stars50-1.gif
Superb content. Lacks drama., January 20, 2005
Reviewer:James Lavin "PatriotsBook.com: Management Secrets of the New England Patriots" (Stamford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
As a Patriots fan, I was depressed when Nick Saban became the Dolphins' new head coach because Saban is as similar a football coach to Bill Belichick as you will ever find until scientists perfect cloning. In his new book, Saban lays out his philosophy very clearly. His philosophy helps individuals take control of their lives, work well with others, etc. It also helps leaders build more team-oriented organizations. Everyone can benefit from this book, not just football fans:

Penthos said:
Not only does Nick develop outstanding young men on the football field, but he has an impressive ability to develop young coaches as well... Our Patriots staff alone-a staff talented and fortunate enough to have made its team world champion last year, has three coaches groomed by Nick... And Nick was absolutley instrumental in developing the criteria we use for scouting and drafting defensive players...-Bill Belichick :

did you read on page 198 on the bottom left 2nd to last paragraph

'i felt wayward about the directions i was going and was seeking comfort from my fellow coaches. Nick found out about us and set us strait... thanks to Nick i was able to go back to my wife..'-Bill Belichick

all i can say is WOW i didnt know that Bill had those tendancies and i guess i'm glad that Nick was there for him.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
How Good do you Want To Be?

As opposed to Marty Morningwheg's book "Mediocrity or How I Helped Sink a Franchise"

Back
Top Bottom