R&R Express | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

R&R Express

Are you tired of Ricky & Ronnie splitting carries?

• Total voters
Whats the point of giving it to Ronnie 25-30 times a game? So he can wear out like Earl Campbell? Or like Ricky from carrying it so much in 2002-03? Leave it like it is. When Miami gets a QB, and some help in the secondary, this team will be scary. Plus you never know if one of them will get hurt. Nice to have 2 stud RB's on the team.

Yup,I don't get trying to get rid of one of the best backs in the league.We have RB's and it's a great feeling especially when Chambers drops balls that are right in his hands! :)

Danny said:
Saban's saving Ronnie for the years to come and showcasing Ricky for the offseason trades

Ozzy rules!!

Danny you really think Wicky has any kind of REAL trade value? You don't think his possible 1-year suspension hurts his trade value? Nevermind his insanity the last year.

I mean if players like the Edge and Alexander can't garner 2nd round round picks why would a HB like Wicky get anything even close to that?

I want Ronnie to be spared by sharing the load. There's no need for him to be run into the ground this year. By the end of 16 games, Ronnie will have had more than enough carries to have a "feel" for the NFL game.

Ricky is improving his trade value, however I'd like to see us keep him. The guy can still run and in the 4th quarter he's still dominant. I'd say he can get at least a 3rd rounder if not a 2nd, if his play continues like it is.

DonShula84 said:
I like them sharing carries but think Ronnie should get a few more touches. That means either giving Ricky a few less or just running the ball a few more times a game

I agree. This is a great problem to have though.

Agent Mulder said:
Whats the point of giving it to Ronnie 25-30 times a game? So he can wear out like Earl Campbell? Or like Ricky from carrying it so much in 2002-03? Leave it like it is. When Miami gets a QB, and some help in the secondary, this team will be scary. Plus you never know if one of them will get hurt. Nice to have 2 stud RB's on the team.

I agree with most of this , but would not be worried too much if RB had to do all the carries, as he is a big strong boy. the rest of the thread is true to the point.

It's a win win situation for us with Ronnie and Ricky splitting carries. What good does it do to not give Ronnie a breather? It's not like we're subbing him with minor! Ricky was a top 3 back in this league at one point, he's still got some of that left in him. It would be foolish not to keep splitting carries. In my opinion they should both get 25 carries a game. Becuase they are BOTH franchise backs. Rookies no matter how talented are not mature enough to carry the team in do or die situations, I think its there mental maturity. When the game is on the line we need a veteran not a rookie to get the job done. and when Ricky is done with us in a year or 2 Ronnie will be mature enough to make plays in crunch time.

Back
Top Bottom