Raekwon Davis gone | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis gone

Bye Bye Peace GIF by Cappa Video Productions

In fairness it's a good deal for Raekwon. He seems like a good guy. There has never been a question with effort level. As I've posted he's not bad enough to cut. But he's also not somebody you can do anything with. No hidden upside.

I was worried we'd get stuck with him. Thankfully that's not the case. He's certainly not a Ravens type. Trust the scouting department with new input to find rugged barrel chested guys who can move and disrupt.

BTW, the rush defense is going to regress next season. That is inevitable after consecutive uptick years allowing 4.5 yards per carry, then 4.4, 4.2, and finally all the way down to 3.8 under Fangio, for 5th in the league.

That number was unsustainable even if we brought everybody back. Once it moves closer to league norm let's accept the bounce realities instead of pretending Raekwon was some amazing force against the run, especially given his low trust level of 45% defensive snap counts and only once above 60% all season.
Enjoyed your posts over the years don't stop they are well thought out logically and statisticly. Sounds like your more up on Griers current moves in FA compared to how he has performed in the past which is a good thing.
Can Grier change his stripes though and elevate his game probably not as his track record indicates otherwise and consider his family members have been in the GM business with the Saints you can look at their franchise and ours and see similarities.

correct me if i am wrong, they don't get much in the way of a comp pick for this. this is not good, because part of the justification for letting wilkins go is they would resign davis, and then only need to add one other guy for the rotation. now there is more work to do. granted not like davis was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but a decent chance at this point what replaces him is less good than he was

correct me if i am wrong, they don't get much in the way of a comp pick for this. this is not good, because part of the justification for letting wilkins go is they would resign davis, and then only need to add one other guy for the rotation. now there is more work to do. granted not like davis was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but a decent chance at this point what replaces him is less good than he was
Davis was a jag....the team was fine letting him go

Do you have a link to "the justification for letting wilkins go"..., please? I'd like to read that article.

This is so great. I love to watch defensive tackles on every snap. Raekwon was never worth watching. I still have no idea how I took so much grief during his rookie season for insisting he was no good, despite high marks from PFF.

PFF came around and so did the fan base, albeit considerably slower. This forum was more astute than Reddit, where Dolphin fans were still touting him last offseason.

Rookie indications typically hold up. Noah with no awareness. Raekwon with no agility. That's why I hope we aren't reliant on Cam Smith.

I'd like to go to a Colts forum and leave a blunt assessment. Unfortunately I've softened up.
Agreed, brother. He was just a guy on the field incapable of making a single splash play in his entire tenure.

Davis was a jag....the team was fine letting him go
i was clear stating davis wasn't that good. but the dolphins were trying to keep him for whatever reason, but obviously could not or would not match the colts offer, which doesnt fuss me too much because i didnt like davis that much either. my concern is at this point what replaces him will be worse. we shall see. ps flores was doing backflips about drafting this guy, clearly a flores pick. thanks flores you strike again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom