Ramsey not cooperating with roster management? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey not cooperating with roster management?

Well... I'll do some reading, but this used to be true. Though, admittedly, it may have changed.
They can.

"One way an NFL team can free up salary cap space without releasing players is to do a contract restructure. This only works if the player has more than one season left on their contract unless the team is willing to add void years to the end. If the team adds any more seasons that include a base salary, it would be a contract extension, not a restructure."

Cannot add years but IN MOST CASES, you can convert signing bonuses without player consent.

Yet another, 'someone said on their podcast' that so and so is not cooperating with the team? While Ramsey has caused his share of headaches around the league, I'm not buying this until I see more about it. Something smells here, and not in a good way. Ramsey got paid to play here already, why not help if needed, especially a lateral move.

I came into the segment late, but as I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio yesterday, I heard a comment that Jalen Ramsey had been approached by the team on a contract restructure -- convert $11 million roster bonus to signing bonus for cap purposes -- and that Ramsey had turned the team down. Had anyone else heard that? If so, what would be his motive? Is he upset with the team for releasing X? Angling for an extension? That seems like a bad omen to me.
What would benefit Ramsey sharing this info? I call BS.

But if you are in a bind and ask a player to do that, he has the leverage to negotiate more guaranteed money. Does he not? There has to be an incentive. That's where the concept of "team" is not reality. These individuals are all separate corporate entities.
The incentive is you get all of your money now instead of later. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

If memory serves, if there's not a "restructure" clause in his contract, Ramsey DOES have a say.

The only reason I can possibly think of that he would turn down a restructure is that he wants a new contract instead of a restructure. This is one of the reasons Tyreek is in Miami.

I came into the segment late, but as I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio yesterday, I heard a comment that Jalen Ramsey had been approached by the team on a contract restructure -- convert $11 million roster bonus to signing bonus for cap purposes -- and that Ramsey had turned the team down. Had anyone else heard that? If so, what would be his motive? Is he upset with the team for releasing X? Angling for an extension? That seems like a bad omen to me.
Who made the comment on Sirius?

I'm pretty sure the restructure doesn't affect this.
It does if they restructure his guaranteed salary into a signing bonus instead. He would get the whole bonus today but the salary is a game by game payment.

Maybe he realizes its not best for the team in the long run to operate this way and he's just looking out for the fans.
LMFAO! Yeah right. I dont understand why he would have a problem with restructuring and extending his contract and getting more of his money up front.

If memory serves, if there's not a "restructure" clause in his contract, Ramsey DOES have a say.

The only reason I can possibly think of that he would turn down a restructure is that he wants a new contract instead of a restructure. This is one of the reasons Tyreek is in Miami.
What? They already restructured it last year with the plan do so again this year.

pretty sure he will have some high level seasons at corner after 30.

he's a freak in the mold of Darrell Green (although I'm not expecting him to play 20 seasons like Darrell did (starting at Corner for 17 of them!)).

Teams dont need a player's consent to convert salary to bonus... They just cut a check.

A player can resist having additional years put on a contract however... and if Ramsey objected, it was to this.
Are you talking void years?

Back
Top Bottom