Randy McMichael arrested | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael arrested

ckparrothead said:
Well that last point was right, this case will go nowhere. But, the police were obligated to bring McMichael in for a few reasons. One is, she was pregnant, and that makes hitting her a 2nd degree felony, and if a cop has a probable cause to believe a 2nd degree felony has taken place (and her accusations as well as her bruises are plenty of reason) then I believe he HAS to take Randy in. You may say this is not fair, but that assumes that the laws are fair in terms of getting arrested and how easy it is to get arrested and what a simple arrest can do to your record even if the charges are dropped. The law is not fair in this regard.

My best friend is a cop and I explained to him exactly what I heard and asked him what he would do if he were to respond to this scene....Of course, what one hears and what is the truth are two different things, but here's what I told him:

1. He was drunk
2. She got pissed and hit him first.
3. Both Randy AND his wife say the SHE hit him first.
4. She is pregnant
5. According to her, he held her arm and hit her a bunch of times...according to him, he was tring to get her away from him and she fell and he never struck her.
6. She had marks on her arm and face.

He said that as soon as they BOTH corroborated that she hit him first, she goes to jail. SHE is the PRIMARY AGGRESSOR. It doesn't matter if she is pregnant or not and that doesn't really play into it. She hit him, he defended himself. Now if she would've said that she never hit Randy, he would've been the only one arrested, no doubt about it because of the marks on her arm and cheek. He also said that it is very rare that both of them were arrested and in fact, it is quite stupid and that the arresting officer probably has his chief up his a$$ right now for doing so. It is usually a waste of time because more likely than not, neither will press charges or cooperate with prosecution.

Driven said:
Sorry man, but no excuses. If my wife starts punching or pushes me, then I turn around get in my car and let things cool off. Maybe have a few more drinks. The only thing my dad every told me " Don't ever harm a woman".

But I do hope this is just blown way out of proportion

Beautiful! your a real winner here! you cool off by getting in a car while drunk and have a few more drinks at 4:30 in the morning! :roflmao: sounds like a real winner to the cops!

Noodle Arm said:
I was watching channel 10 local news here in Miami and they had breaking news saying that Dolphins TE Randy McMichael and his wife have both been arrested for domestic assault. They showed what appeared to be a mugshot of Randy. I've been looking at websites to see if I could find more info, but nothing yet. Has anyone heard anything else?

He just screwed up his big UFA contract next year. Boy, some of these guys ain't got the sense to pour pisss out of a boot.

Chris Yandek said:
Not what the Dolphins needed right now.

There's never a good time to have a starter arrested. Howver, my gut tells me this will not grow into an on-field problem.

ckparrothead said:
I hate that whole macho 'a man should never hit a woman' bull crap. The underlying assumption behind it is that women are inferior objects to be placed on pedastals and treated differently from men. That line of thinking gives a lot of room to say that women aren't allowed to do this or that because after all, they are women.

If a woman is hitting you, fighting you, defend yourself. There is no reason not to, because a woman can hit you in all the right spots just like a man could. And while generally women are not as strong as men, it is not always the case.
QUOTE]

I agree that women shouldn't be treated differently or put on a pedestal because of the resulting attitude towards women can be pretty detrimental. But face facts, when it comes to violence, rarely will the man not come out as the bad guy, regardless of the consequences. I had a road rage incident a few years ago where this crazy woman rammed my car several times, actually lifting my car off the ground because she drove her car underneath mine. After yelling at each other I ripped open her door to yell some more. Never touched the woman, but she told cops that I opened the door, yanked her out and tried to push her down. The ONLY thing that saved my *** from going to jail was a witness who said he saw that I never touched her. THe outcome was that I couldn't blame her for anything or press charges for assault with a vehicle, all I could get was her insurance money for the damages.

Just hangs his head, eitherway it is an embarassment to the team,the fans,and most of all to themselves.

I'm a fan and this is not an embarassment to me. I had nothing to do with it. And if some rival fan wants to rub it in my face as some sort of an insult to me....well, that's just kinda funny. Says more about them than me really.

I've read everyones view points about this hitting a woman thing and would like to say that, if a woman ever tried to kick or hit me in the jewels, I would knock the snot out of her.

WharfRat said:
Mouldy.... you just called about 50 members an idiot....
You know better, I won't warn you again....

You really shouldn't have to warn him. Boot his azz off the forum. He's obviously asking for it. He knows the forum rules.

FiN.in.RI said:
its not that bad
Urghh? :confused: Not that bad?

It can't get much worse for this team. First we had Ricky with his deal, and now we get Randy throwing his wife around. What the heck are these guys thinking?
Just when I think the storm has passed, something else like this comes up.

2004 is not looking good. To many problems already piling up. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom