Randy McMichael arrested | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael arrested

Ross said:
Oh, and I don't give a crap if she is a boxer or a marine, there is never an excuse for a man to be hitting a woman unless she is trying to kill him.

So you'd let a professional female boxer pummel you until bloody, and not do anything besides try to block her punches?
You must be a very strong man with a very weak mind.
That's just stupid.

FinMadness said:
So you'd let a professional female boxer pummel you until bloody, and not do anything besides try to block her punches?
You must be a very strong man with a very weak mind.
That's just stupid.
:clap: :bravo:

Honestly, let's look at FACTS. Unless the poster (can't remember who, said the 911 call was played on Ch. 7) was mistaken, Randy called the cops, not her. He wanted her daugher (and himself) out of there. From what I've read, the Ms.' bruises are consistent with him just grabbing her to avoid being hit further. He was "drunk to the point of puking": puking does not equal impaired judgment - an old/bad beer can cause puking without you being highly intoxicated.

On the on-field stuff - he hasn't been convicted (or accused, for that matter) and again, from what I've read, he would get anger-management, which won't interfere with him playing.

On the Wanny thing:

C'mon! :shakeno:

And to Ross: Are you Hanz or Franz?

in one of the first posts someone mentioned they were fed up w/ mcmichael. while this is obviously an unfortunate situation i can't say i'm fed up w/ him at all. he's been a playmaker on offense and one of the few guys to show any emotion and fire. hope everything gets sorted out and he's a phin for a long while.

WharfRat said:
Sorry, but I find that just a tad judgemental...

At one time my house wasn't in order either (I made it "in order" by leaving, and divorcing my ex). The police had been called to my house also (by her, I might add) ... but not because I couldn't handle a situation with my wife... rather because she was a spiteful, vindictive, hateful person, who ended up getting taken to the station herself, while I was left to take care of the kids. I hardly think that anyone who knew the facts of my situation, regarded me as pathetic, or thought it embarrassing to me...

Bottom line is... We don't KNOW what actually happened... perhaps he was out of line, perhaps she was, perhaps they both were...perhaps it's all being blown out of proportion, and was a misunderstanding... perhaps a MILLION other things.

While I agree with all that, and can appreciate you sharing your expereince, there was a major difference. Your wife, not you ended up at the station....which reflects well on you. Randy McMichael was arrested. That doesnt reflect well on him. Nor does the weay he chose to spend his evening. He's a Pro Football player on our team and drank himself into a vomitous stupor while we start our camp season? That is really getting ready for the upcpming season that we all care so much about. What a poor example for our team. One more potential leader with a negative mark on him. While we are looking forward to our team being ready to play for us this guy is out drinking himself into a stupor while his pregnant wife is at home.

Sorry Warfie...I don't buy it. That is not focus. That is not committment to his team or wife IMO. But then again I am a dinosaur that believes in putting family and team first....something todays players and generation does not get at all. I understand that. I'm just frustrated about seeing the same crap over and over and over.

From what I have read on NFL.com he went out for his 25th birthday, got pissed up, and was getting sick downstairs when he stumbled home. She allegedly was angry and started hitting him in the face and he pushed her away. Yes in a drunken haze pushed her away. I understand she is pregnant and there is zero tolerance for that but she was also arrested for assult. I hope this gets cleared up and they get counselling. She sounds like quite a few ex's I've dealt with and all you can do is push'em away!
Good luck Randy Mac.
Dolphins if we all aren't hurt or arrested in 2004!!!!!!!

Dolphins_34 said:
From what I have read on NFL.com he went out for his 25th birthday, got pissed up, and was getting sick downstairs when he stumbled home. She allegedly was angry and started hitting him in the face and he pushed her away. Yes in a drunken haze pushed her away. I understand she is pregnant and there is zero tolerance for that but she was also arrested for assult. I hope this gets cleared up and they get counselling. She sounds like quite a few ex's I've dealt with and all you can do is push'em away!
Good luck Randy Mac.
Dolphins if we all aren't hurt or arrested in 2004!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great high school relationship. Problem is they arent in HS anymore. So they publicly embarrass one another, hurt each others reputation, distract from his job (our team BTW) and file charges on one another. PERFECT!

If Randy is the one that called the cops that ought to tell you something. He was probably arrested because she had bruises on her arms and other places from him grabbing her and maybe even shoving her, and in the state of Florida if she has visible injuries and makes the accusation you are going to the county jail. Lets also not forget that he was severly intoxicated when this all happened and also when the cops arrived I'm sure, so we have a enraged pregnant woman with visible bruises claiming assault and an severly intoxicated man also with visible bruises claiming assault. I asked my dad who is a sherriffs deputy what he would do and he said he would do exactly what was done and let it all get sorted out at the station.

superphin said:
Oh and I guess since he's famous of course nothing is going to happen to him.

That's not very fair to Randy's reputation. I've seen how in the U.S. the police are taught to treat males as the natural aggressor. Based on nothing more than B.S. lies a woman can have a man arrested, I was shocked to see her booked too. I'm not saying it's not possible he did it, but I think it's crap to just out right tag him a "celebrity tolerance" case before anything else is found out. :shakeno:

Lots of rushes to judgement. And a whole lot of "hollier than thou". I'm sure none of you have done anything that was completely out of character that you immediately regretted.

Still, we don't know what happened. For all we know, she could have been coming at him, swinging repeatedly. And he could have defended himself by putting his hands on her repeatedly. Who knows. All I'm asking is that everyone wait for the facts to come out before you crucify the man.

And to anyone who is blaming this on Wannstedt or Speilman in any way........you're better off just stepping out into oncoming traffic, thereby saving Earth's precious resources for higher-functioning species.

Honestly, is your boss responsible for what you do outside of work?? Not unless you're on parole. And even then.......

Beating women is as American as the 4th of July :shakeno:

There is no reason to hit a female. Not even if she is coming at you swinging.

Randy is one of my favorite Dolphins, this really is a shame. I think I've lost a lot of respect for him no matter what happened. His "pregnant" wife had bruises is more than enough for me to be upset with his actions.

Muck said:
And to anyone who is blaming this on Wannstedt or Speilman in any way........you're better off just stepping out into oncoming traffic, thereby saving Earth's precious resources for higher-functioning species.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

sigh.... randy was one of my favourite players(besides titan players) until now, i have lost alot of respect for randy and like someone said before, he is famous so nothing will happen to him... that really annoys me, if someone hits a pregnant woman, they deserve to be punished

Muck said:
Lots of rushes to judgement. And a whole lot of "hollier than thou". I'm sure none of you have done anything that was completely out of character that you immediately regretted.
sure I have made mistakes but hitting a woman pregnant at that is not on my list. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom