Randy Starks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Starks

Thanks Boomer!

BTW, Can we get some sort of sticky thread with a running list of FA's signed by Miami?

Plug in Smiley, Torbor, Ferguson, Starks and Pace, and notice how all of these additions are front 7 defensive players and OL, while a lot of people were focusing on WR, safeties and CBs? Welcome to the Bill Parcells architecture.

Think how much much beef the Dolphins have added to their front 7. You might be able to run around a Parcells team, but you absolutely will not out muscle him and push him around at the point of attack.

I don't think Miami touches him with a bargepole. Very overrated guy. Mo Williams is the guy they like.

Thank you, im so sick of that guys name ocming up. he reminds me of shelton an underachiever.

As for the D linemen starks, what role is starks to play here? DT? LE? RE?
BTW is Mo for LT?RT? or G? From waht i know he did well at G last year when he was called upon.

Randy Starks is a good move. Real young with good size. Could really develop into something.

Boomer, any news on Pace or McCown? And any idea when Starks will be announced?

Will be signing very soon.

;)

3-4 end from Tennessee. Came out too early but has good, good talent.

Good we have now signed two guys i thought were pretty good values in Smiley and Starks. Although smiley cost more than I thought.

I posted on another thread last night if Randy Starks might be a good pickup.
He's 24 years old and been in the league 4 years, 6'3" 312lbs, has played in 60 games, starting 36 and he has 10.5 sacks.

From the Official Site of the Tenneessee Titans
http://www.titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=209

Defensive tackle Randy Starks provides a powerful and athletic presence in the Titans defensive line. Although he is still one of the youngest players on the team, the 23-year-old already has extensive experience as a starter entering his prime. In three seasons in a Titans uniform (2004-06), he has played in 46 games and has started 32 contests. He has stayed healthy and played through minor injuries, missing only two games as a rookie. His career totals include 187 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 32 quarterback pressures, 13 tackles for loss and four fumble recoveries. He started half of the team’s games in 2006 and tallied 56 tackles, three sacks, 13 quarterback pressures, five tackles for loss and two fumble recoveries. He reached career highs in 2005 with 16 starts and 78 tackles. As one of five rookie defensive linemen on the squad in 2004 (Starks, Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom, Bo Schobel and Jared Clauss), Starks finished first among all Titans rookies with 53 tackles, and his 4.5 sacks led all NFL rookie defensive tackles, including six defensive tackles drafted ahead of him – Tommie Harris, Vince Wilfork, Marcus Tubbs, Darnell Dockett, Junior Siavii and Terry Johnson. The 6-3, 312-pound former Maryland Terrapin set a school record with a 765-pound squat, and he combines that power with exceptional quickness and lateral agility. In pre-draft workouts, he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.03 seconds, bench pressed 440 pounds and displayed a 31.5-inch vertical jump. After entering the NFL with a year of college eligibility remaining, Starks was drafted by the Titans in the third round (71st overall) of the 2004 draft with a selection obtained from Houston in a draft-day trade (Tennessee exchanged overall selections 27 and 159 for Houston’s overall selections 40, 71, 103 and 138).

Boomer. What do you think a signing of Pace would mean for Jason Taylor, Joey Porter and Chris Long?

Also, has your opinion of Jake Long changed lately? I am still very leery of him despite the combine performance, but I am wondering if you have changed your mind.

Back
Top Bottom