Rank The AFC East Postion by Postion!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank The AFC East Postion by Postion!!

QB
NE-Brady(see above threads)
NY-Pennington is young and skilled
Buff-Bledsoe still just edges feeley/Feidler
Mia-Fiedler below average, Feeley unproven

RB
Mia- Ricky
Buff-Travis Henrey/McGahee powerfull one two punch
NY- C. Martin aging but L. Jordan waiting on the wings is quality
NE- Dillon's got some miles

WR-
Mia- Boston/Chambers best one two combo.
NE- Deep WR core (can anyone dispute they are one of the best passing teams in the leauge)
Buff- Moulds dominates/Evans gives them speed
NYJ-Moss/McCarrens not as established

TE
Mia-McMichael is best in East, Lee is great blocker
NE- Lots of great contributers but no star
NYJ- A Becht is no star but is well rounded
Buff- Bet they wish they still had Riemersma

O-Line
NE- Production is what counts
Buff- Young line that'll just get better
NYJ- Quietly consistant
Mia- New answers every year, will this be the year it stops becoming a problem. Time will tell

D-Line
Mia- Could be the best in football. Will run stop and rush the passer
NE- All the dirty workers that make the NE D click
NYJ- Good ends but questionable DTs
Buff- Aging middle and lack of pass rush

Backers
Buff- Spikes is primier LB in East with good support
Mia- Zack just makes tackles, Seau reaching the end but still contributes
NE- A host of above average LBs, all role players though
NY- the rebuiling of the unit has already started

Secondary
Mia- Deep at corner, adequate at safety
Buff- Clements/Vincent/Milloy and no one else
NE- great depth
NY- its a sorry unit

QB--1. Jets--Pennington is the real deal, smart and accurate as they come.
2. NE--Brady is smart & efficent and never gives away any games.
3. Bills--Bledsoe has cement shoes & rocket arm. Losman will be good one day.
4. Miami--Fiedler can't seem to grasp "game management" & Feeley is unproven.

RB--1. Miami--Ricky is a workhorse & with a better o-line he would tear up the league.
2. Bills--T. Henry is much stronger than he looks and has very good quickness.
3. NY--C. Martin is a HOF and L. Jordan could start on half the teams in the NFL.
4. NE--C. Dillon is as very talented but you never know which dillon will show up.

WR-1. Bills--Moulds is great & Evans will be soon as well, J.Reed is good as a 3rd WR.
2. Miami--With a good QB Chambers would flourish and Boston is a top 10 talent
3. NY--S.Moss is a rising star & Mccariens is solid as is Chrebet & Cotchery.
4. NE--This group is made better by C.Weis spread offense that always has an open WR.

TE--1. Miami--R. Mcmichael is the best talent in the division & D. Lee will be solid.
2. NE--D. Graham is improving and with Fauria and B. Watson they are stacked.
3. NY--Becht is a solid blocker but can't catch & C. Baker is a pretty good player.
4. Bills--Nobody on their roster is anything more than ok.

OL--1. NE--Not much talent but a very cohesive unit.
2. NY--This unit has much talent but the Jets don't get it done consistently.
3. Bills--Very good run blockers but one of the worst pass blocking in the league.
4. Miami--W.Smith will improve & J. James is a good pickup. V. Carey has a lot to prove, this could be a good line down the road but for now it is a mess.

DL--1. Miami--JT & OGun are tops at DE. Great Run stopping in the middle. Good depth
2. NE--Wilfork will be a monster along with Seymour, great depth & unselfish group
3. NY--All the talent & no production. Abraham is a great rusher but underachieve
4. Bills--Denney & Schobel are ok at DE. DT's are great runstoppers, no depth.

LB--1. Bills--T.Spikes is great & Fletcher is maniac. This group really brings it every wk.
2. NE--What else can you say, not much over all talent but get great production.
3. Miami--Zach's great but is wearing down, Seau's good but his best yrs are gone
4. NY--Vilma will be great, Cowart is good but the rest of the group is average.

DB--1. Miami--Surtain is top 5, Madison is slowing some, W. Poole & R. Howard are solid players. S. Knight will be better this year. The best DB in the NFL?
2. NE--Law is just awesome, R.Harrison is vicious & the others are young & talented players. Coaching make these players better as usual with NE. Good depth.
3. Bills--L. Milloy is one of the best, Clements is very talented & Vincent is older but should help the young guys. Good group, not much depth.
4. NY--D. Abraham is solid, J. Mcgraw will be pretty good one day. R. Tongue is solid but the rest of the group is average at best.

ST--1. NE--Great return game & very good coverage units. Great kicking, bad punting.
2. NY--Great punt returns & weak KR. Great coverage. Bad kickoffs & bad punting.
3. Miami- Horrible returing, but great coverage units. Great kickoffs & ok punting.
4. Bills-- Maybe the worst ST in all the NFL.

COACHING--1. NE--What else is there to say. Win 2 SB's in 3 yrs. with that roster? Amazing!
2. NY--H. Edwards is a good motivator but bad game management & not using L. Jordan along with moving players to positions they can't play have hurt the Jets.
3. Miami--DW is too conservative and it almost got RW killed last yr. He is a defensive guy & relies on the carry his team. Has no vision and will be fired soon.
4. Bills-- Rookie coach with alot to prove but an innovative offensive mind.

TEAMS--1. NE--Not as much talent as the Fins but the better coaching gets it done.
2. Miami--If they could get solid QB play, they could go far. A big IF.
3. Bills--Great D. Need to protect Bledsoe to have a chance.
4. NY--Very talented in some spots but inconsistent DL & bad DB hurt them.

Fpr some reason everyone here seems to grossly overrate the receiver on other teams in the league. McCareins could not beat out Drew Bennett for starter last year and is unproven, Santana Moss has never been healthy a full season, and Wayne Chrebet is a player who despite his amazing will is past his prime and a big hit away from retirement. The Patriot players although they get the job done are not much of a threat to make the big play nand make the defense miss. They get most of their catches on quick short passes that New England has used as its own sort of running game because Antowain SmMith sucked. Now that they will actually have a running game New England receiving production will drop because there won't be as many quick short passing plays on early downs. And for Buffalo, Josh Reed aside from Derrius Thompson was one of the huge disappointments of the season, They thought in Buffalo that he would replace Peerless Price. And Lee Evans is a rookie, so lets see what he can do first. Moulds we already know is exceellent, but the question is how will he overcome the lack of other proven receiving threats. And now Miami, possibly the top WR tandem in the league with David Boston reunited with Jerry Sullivan and Chris Chambers. These are two tremendous and young players. And although DT was a horrible starter last year, he has shown the year befre that eh can be a productive #3 WR. So until proven otherwise, Miami has ot be considered the team with the best receiving corps.

no disrespect to everyone else, but i didn't get to read most of your run downs, i think the thread starter pretty much nailed it. Sure there is room for discussion but either way...Excellent post, well thought out, gave his props where they were due and was willing to admit the weaknesses of our team as well as the positions we are unproven at. For the first time in a while i am actually impressed with a post like this on the board. Well done, and keep em coming.

Atila said:
i liked the first guy's post the best...as much as i wanted to disagree with it, the more i had to face that its true and we arent that great :)

one more thing: not only did we not allow a 100yd rusher, if im not mistaken, we didnt even allow a 90yd rusher...i think the most was 89yd by j. lewis

no, i believe Curtis Martin racked up 92yds in the season finale, but im not 100% sure.

EDIT:
yes, i was right, Martin did indeed rush for 92yds in the finale.

heres a link, see for yourself....

http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/1132/gamelogs

I like pretty much all I've seen so far, great objectivity

QB
NE-Brady: 2 time Superbowl MVP, nuff said
NY-Probably most gifted of the QB's in the division
Buff-Bledsoe has as good an arm as any qb, will improve with balanced attack
Mia-2 serviceable QB's at best.

RB
Mia- Ricky: best RB in the East, needs to protect the ball more though
Buff-It's been good to see the love for Henry in this thread, he deserves it
NE-Dillon has been great his whole career, he's now reborn with a winner
NYJ- Martin is still a stud, but getting old, Jordan is solid backup

WR-
Buf - Moulds is still the best WR in the division, Reed is back in the slot(where he's the most dangerous), and B-Lo now has the burner they needed(Evans).
MIA - "If" Boston does his part, this could be a very dangerous WR corps, a lot depends on the qb's though.
NYJ-Moss and McCareins present a formidable combo.
NE - Troy Brown is the only great receiver on the team, but they use them all very well.

TE
Mia-McMichael is the best, needs to be used more
NE- So many serviceable TE's, and they got one more(Watson)
Buff - I love how the Bills are last in all of these..it's a great sleeper position for us, especailly since we signed massive TE Jason Peters, and drafted good pass-catching TE, Tim Euhus...can't wait to see Peters play.
NYJ-Becht has been very disappointing.

O-Line
NE- they get it done, all i can say
Buff- Young line, maulers in the running game, poor in pass protection, but they are learning under McNally
NYJ- ehh...not good, not bad
Mia- got some solid additions, question is how long will it take for them to gel...none of those guys have ever played together.

D-Line
Mia- hands down, 2 great DE's, 2 very good DT's
NE- gonna be a sick D-line this year
NYJ- very underrated line, 2 great DE's
Buff- very good D-line, desperate for a LDE though.

Backers
Buff- Spikes, Fletcher and Posey are beasts of the east
NE - Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, McGinnest(in 3-4)...dangerous group
MIA - Zach is getting old, but still has it, Seau is downhill and depth is a big problem
NYJ - they are last because they are young and unproven...could jump up fast.

Secondary
Mia- Loaded like a mother at this position, got 2 probowl corners
Buff- very good CB duo, with a great SS(Milloy)...FS could use some help tho
NE- Ty Law is the best CB in the league
NY- pathetic till proven otherwise

csabe said:
QB--1. Jets--Pennington is the real deal, smart and accurate as they come.
2. NE--Brady is smart & efficent and never gives away any games.
3. Bills--Bledsoe has cement shoes & rocket arm. Losman will be good one day.
4. Miami--Fiedler can't seem to grasp "game management" & Feeley is unproven.

RB--1. Miami--Ricky is a workhorse & with a better o-line he would tear up the league.
2. Bills--T. Henry is much stronger than he looks and has very good quickness.
3. NY--C. Martin is a HOF and L. Jordan could start on half the teams in the NFL.
4. NE--C. Dillon is as very talented but you never know which dillon will show up.

WR-1. Bills--Moulds is great & Evans will be soon as well, J.Reed is good as a 3rd WR.
2. Miami--With a good QB Chambers would flourish and Boston is a top 10 talent
3. NY--S.Moss is a rising star & Mccariens is solid as is Chrebet & Cotchery.
4. NE--This group is made better by C.Weis spread offense that always has an open WR.

TE--1. Miami--R. Mcmichael is the best talent in the division & D. Lee will be solid.
2. NE--D. Graham is improving and with Fauria and B. Watson they are stacked.
3. NY--Becht is a solid blocker but can't catch & C. Baker is a pretty good player.
4. Bills--Nobody on their roster is anything more than ok.

OL--1. NE--Not much talent but a very cohesive unit.
2. NY--This unit has much talent but the Jets don't get it done consistently.
3. Bills--Very good run blockers but one of the worst pass blocking in the league.
4. Miami--W.Smith will improve & J. James is a good pickup. V. Carey has a lot to prove, this could be a good line down the road but for now it is a mess.

DL--1. Miami--JT & OGun are tops at DE. Great Run stopping in the middle. Good depth
2. NE--Wilfork will be a monster along with Seymour, great depth & unselfish group
3. NY--All the talent & no production. Abraham is a great rusher but underachieve
4. Bills--Denney & Schobel are ok at DE. DT's are great runstoppers, no depth.

LB--1. Bills--T.Spikes is great & Fletcher is maniac. This group really brings it every wk.
2. NE--What else can you say, not much over all talent but get great production.
3. Miami--Zach's great but is wearing down, Seau's good but his best yrs are gone
4. NY--Vilma will be great, Cowart is good but the rest of the group is average.

DB--1. Miami--Surtain is top 5, Madison is slowing some, W. Poole & R. Howard are solid players. S. Knight will be better this year. The best DB in the NFL?
2. NE--Law is just awesome, R.Harrison is vicious & the others are young & talented players. Coaching make these players better as usual with NE. Good depth.
3. Bills--L. Milloy is one of the best, Clements is very talented & Vincent is older but should help the young guys. Good group, not much depth.
4. NY--D. Abraham is solid, J. Mcgraw will be pretty good one day. R. Tongue is solid but the rest of the group is average at best.

ST--1. NE--Great return game & very good coverage units. Great kicking, bad punting.
2. NY--Great punt returns & weak KR. Great coverage. Bad kickoffs & bad punting.
3. Miami- Horrible returing, but great coverage units. Great kickoffs & ok punting.
4. Bills-- Maybe the worst ST in all the NFL.

COACHING--1. NE--What else is there to say. Win 2 SB's in 3 yrs. with that roster? Amazing!
2. NY--H. Edwards is a good motivator but bad game management & not using L. Jordan along with moving players to positions they can't play have hurt the Jets.
3. Miami--DW is too conservative and it almost got RW killed last yr. He is a defensive guy & relies on the carry his team. Has no vision and will be fired soon.
4. Bills-- Rookie coach with alot to prove but an innovative offensive mind.

TEAMS--1. NE--Not as much talent as the Fins but the better coaching gets it done.
2. Miami--If they could get solid QB play, they could go far. A big IF.
3. Bills--Great D. Need to protect Bledsoe to have a chance.
4. NY--Very talented in some spots but inconsistent DL & bad DB hurt them.
best of the bunch IMO except that, what has made our ST so bad that we rank last in the div. let alone the entire NFL? Maybe the 2002 season.

Justasportsfan said:
best of the bunch IMO except that, what has made our ST so bad that we rank last in the div. let alone the entire NFL? Maybe the 2002 season.
The coverage units have been dreadful, but slightly improved. The kicker is ok, punting is very good. I may have been a bit harsh, Moorman is a very good kicker but the coverage needs to improve still. Not the worst though.

Brady is only avg where physical skills are concerned. Brady is the most clutch qb in teh league. After watching him for 3 years now, how is that up for debate? He just plays. Sorry, as of right know, Brady tops teh east and in rankings he would top 5 to 7, not fantasy wise maybe, but of qbs you want leading your team.

I hate to play Kilroy here but Herm Edwards hasn't done much right except replacing Vinny Testaverde with Chad Pennington. To tell ya the truth I think I could have made that call. I don't even think Herm made that call (on draft day).

All he has done is say "You play to win the game" and now everybody loves him. To tell ya the truth I think I could have told you that one too.

I don't give the Jets coaching staff the nod.

rickeyrunsover said:
Brady is only avg where physical skills are concerned. Brady is the most clutch qb in teh league. After watching him for 3 years now, how is that up for debate? He just plays. Sorry, as of right know, Brady tops teh east and in rankings he would top 5 to 7, not fantasy wise maybe, but of qbs you want leading your team.
I'm rating the players as if they were all in the same system how would they do. P.Holmes is the best RB #'s wise in the league but there are guys that run behind bad OL's that are way more talented than him. Like RW or L.Tomlinson etc. Brady is good but not great talent wise & thats why I have him rated lower.

fantasticfins said:
agree with most. But Bledsoe is better than Feeley and Feidler. and Brady is average. luck goes a long way

Bledsoe is more talented than Fiedler and Feeley but Miami got more production out of their QB's last season hence the higher rating.

F150&Dolfan said:
Coaching
NE - Best staff in the NFL
NY - Have great respect for Herm Edwards
Buf - New Staff
Mia - Most scrutinized staff in the NFL

Well, this about says it all. And I'll add our staff is at the bottom by a large margin.

FinsOnTop said:
Well, this about says it all. And I'll add our staff is at the bottom by a large margin.
nah, we don't know what we'll see from Mularkey yet(although he has hired some great position coaches)...if he shows us anything like his first 2 years as Pitt's OC, than I'll be in heaven.
Herm Edwards is way overrated IMO...Dolphins have a decent coaching staff. Wanny is a great coordinator, just dont think he's a good HC

you rate him lower? How does the holmes, RW, Lt argument compare? Sorry, but Brady has an avg line avg or below avg rb and decent wrs, no to p 3 talent, yet he has won 2 of 3 SBs. yes it was a team effort, but he was teh one that consistently came thru in teh clutch. Rate hime what you will, but the fact remains, Brady wins and wins teh big games, he is better than anyone in teh division.

Back
Top Bottom