Rank The AFC East Postion by Postion!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank The AFC East Postion by Postion!!

F150&Dolfan said:
Here's mine:

Here's my rankings:

QB
NE - Anyone who thinks Brady is average has below average knowledge of football.
NY - The Jets are so much better when this kid is healthy.
Mia - Feeley Smeeley, Fiedler will start and he's not that bad. Just ask the Bills.
Buf - Bledsoe still has talent but it seems like everything needs to be perfect or he is useless. If there is any distress he is terrible.

RB
Mia - How people can argue with 4500 yards in the last 3 seasons is beyond me. What Ricky has down with the piss poor excuse of an O-line Miami has is unbelievable.
Buf - Henry is excellent and McGahee could be a diamond in the rough. Nice situation in Buffalo.
NE - Only because Curtis Martin is getting up there in age but belive he was as good if not better than Dillion. Remember folks even when healthy Rudi Johnson was seeing just as much playing time if not more than Dillion did.
NY - Curtis Martin is by no means a slouch and believe me I still worry about him every time Miami faces the Jets. He's getting older and the division is stacked at the RB spot.

WR
NE - Screw the names collectively these guys just flat out get it done. It just seems like every time the Pats are in trouble one of there 4 WR's (Brown, Branch, Givens or Johnson) are found wide open.
Buf - Moulds is still the class of the division I'm not that high on Josh Reed but wanted Miami to draft Lee Evans. I put Buffalo second becuase of depth (Moulds, Reed, Evans and Shaw)
Mia - It's my biased opinion that Chambers and Boston could end up being the best WR duo in the leauge. Let's face it dolfans outside of them 2 nobody has shown us anything that would lead us to believe they were any good.
NY - Santana Moss is awesome and Justin McCareins and Wayne Chrebet aren't bad either. There is not much difference between Buff, Mia and NY at WR except maybe an elite player.

TE
NE - Depth!!! Typical Pats 53 good players.
Mia - McMichael is the best TE in the division.
NY - Becht at least has a shot to get drafted in Fantasy Football.
Buf - None of their TE's will make a Fantasy roster.

OL
NE - These guys get it done when it counts
NY - Traditionally has a good O-line that give Pennington plenty of time.
Buf - Seems like they can run block pretty well but can't pass block to save their lives.
Mia - Horrible last year seems like they could pass block a little but couldn't run block themselves out of a wet paper bag. Should be better in 2004 but that's not saying all that much.

DL
Mia - Hands down very stout vs the run (didn't allow a 100 yard rucher in 2003) and best pass rushing duo in the NFL.
NE - Tons of talent up front and Willie McGinest seemed to have a career year in 2003. Seymour, Warren and now Willfork will be fixtures on the NE line for years to come.
NY - A talented group with a premeir pass rusher and 2nd year player who could blossom in 2004.
Buf - Adams and Williams are getting old but I like Scheobel quite a bit. Who is their other DE????

LB
NE - Bruschi, Johnson, Vrabel, Colvin, Phifer and sometimes McGinest gives the Pats 6 threats at LB. Best LB corp in the NFL.
Buf - As much as a hate to admit it Spikes and Fletcher are great and Posey is pretty good also. Probably the best starting 3 in the division but lack the depth of NE.
Mia - Thomas has fantastic football instincts which make up for his lack of size, strength and speed. He has been a tackling machine and perennial probowler for awhile now. Seau's still pretty good and was a HUGE upgrade over Derrick Rodgers. Greenwood is solid but I'd love to see Eddie Moore in passing situations in 2004.
NY - Cowart is stout and Vilma should make an immediate impact. Again the Jets get snubbed because the division is stacked at LB.

DB's
NE - After watching the Super Bowl I'll give other AFC East teams some advice. Throw at Eugene Wilson early and often and if Law doesn't play this guy could be a liabilty back there. The safties are solid especially with old man Harrison lurking back there.
Mia - I'll take "overrated" Madison over anybody the Bills or Jets have to offer and Surtain is in Law's league. Knight is always around the Football and the Starting FS of the Miami Dolhins will be settled in camp.
Buf - Clements is very good and vincent, even at 31, was a nice addition to a team that has to face Brady, Chambers, Boston and Moss, McCareins and Pennington twice a year.
NY - Abraham and Henderson aren't bad just the worst in this division.

ST
NE
Mia
NY
Buf

Coaching
NE - Best staff in the NFL
NY - Have great respect for Herm Edwards
Buf - New Staff
Mia - Most scrutinized staff in the NFL

TEAM RANKINGS
NE
Mia
Buf
NY
But it's May!!!

Bills special teams are "better" than that but we are in a division of good SpT units. I would rank Mia/Buf QB's as 3a/3b, but other than those 2 differences, I'm very impressed by your evaluation

Gladsadmad said:
I like this bit. Too many fail to recognize this to be a truthful statement. All they want to do is bash, bash, bash.

What am I? Chop liver? ;)

Nice Subject

Very good post, and even a better subject to be discussed.:banana:
Jay is our QB like it or not, there will be no way Feeley starts this year, unless an injury, Lets not forget about Sage.
I agree with most of the original post, but keep in mind we dont need Zach and Junior to be at their prime, just play their position, which they do, you cant dismiss there skills, they still have them, and cannot argue the leadership role they bring.
This will be our year guys and gals, I love all this hype in the system and I want people to doubt us, sure we have chaos, but didnt the PATS have the same thing 3 years ago, QB contraversay, questionable coaching changes and mockery of the draft picks....hhhhmmmmm Im seeing a pattern, 4 years ago Bellichick was mocked by all, now hes a genius, please dont get me wrong and think Im saying DW is any of this, but chaos does breed continuity in a strange way and seems to bring teams together (LAKERS). We shall see and please have hope and a prayer.:confused:

Your rankings were great, but here are mine.

QB
NE - Brady is the next Montana people.
NY - I disagree that the Jets are a lot better with Penn since they did well with Vinny last year, but he's still a very good QB.
Buf - No way is Jay better than Drew. He can be a top 5 QB with good protection. Without it, he's slightly worse than Jay. Worst line in the league.
Mia - Jay is simply not a good QB, and Feeley is unproven

RB
Mia - Ricky is still a beast, and with the right line he'll show it again
NE - Dillon will be huge for this team. He's a top 3 back when his heart's in it, and in an open offense he could be deadly.
Buf - Henry is very over-rated, he's just not a good RB with the fumbles and the struggles, but McGahee will be the next Duce Mac given half a chance.
NY - C-Mart gets a rough deal, he is still good, but Jordan's time (if ever) is now.

WR
NE - Good call man, these guys are good. Branch can be a beast, while Givens and Brown give nice depth. Bethel Johnson is a true burner. Possibly rely too heavily on Brady's spider sense like instincts though.
Mia - Chambers and Boston can be the best. Can the Qb get them the ball? Can the O-line give him time to? We'll see. Tolver will be a beast. I have the pleasure of knowing this superb young man.
NY - Santana Moss is awesome, McCareins is very under-rated.
Buf - Moulds is getting over the hill, but Lee Evans will be a beast. If Evans does the job, Moulds might get open. Like the first guy said, them being bottom doesn't make em bad, just not AS good.

TE
NE - Great depth, but no one guy I really like. Watson is physically IT, but he won't be much.
NY - Meh, Becht is ok I guess.
Buf - Meh.

OL
NE - Hugely over-rated, Brady's three step drop means they don't NEED to pass block, run blocking was awful.
Buf - bottom 5 O-line, Mike Williams can be great though.
Mia - Worst O-line in the league last year. Jeno James is a MAN BEAST! Vernon will do the job as well. McIntosh sucks.

DL
NE - Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Traylor. Yikes. Seymour is the best, Wilfork WILL be the best. Miami will pay for passing on him.
Mia - Best run line in the league (by default since NE play 3 man) and awesome against the pass. I just think NE's helps the linebackers better.
NY - A lot depends on Dewayne...
Buf - Schobel's good, Adam's does a job

LB
Buf - Spikes is one of the most over-rated in the league, but Fletcher and Posey, if anything, are under-rated.
NY - Vilma and Cowart alone make them the 2nd best.
NE - VERY over-rated. Bruschi was nothing without Washington shielding him. All of them are made to look better by their awesome line.
Mia - Thomas = great. Seau = not anymore. Greenwood = no.

DB's
NE - Harrison was the true MVP last year. Law is a playmaker. Wilson is a huge hitter who can struggle agaisnt the pass.
Mia - Madison is nowadays under-rated. Surtain is awesome. Knight is a bit sluggish but makes plays, and this becomes the best if Antuan Edwards is the FS. Poole is going to be awesome.
Buf - Clements is the 2nd best in the league (yup), but Vincent will struggle to replace Winfield. Lawyer Milloy is on the downhill.
NY - Not bad, not great. Corner's are getting better.

Coaching
NE - Awesome
NY - Herm is a passionate man, and I like him.
Buf - not sure
Mia - EEEEEWWWW

TEAM RANKINGS
NE
Mia
NY
Buf

But it's May!!!

F150&Dolfan said:
Here's mine:

Here's my rankings:

QB
NE - Anyone who thinks Brady is average has below average knowledge of football.
NY - The Jets are so much better when this kid is healthy.
Mia - Feeley Smeeley, Fiedler will start and he's not that bad. Just ask the Bills.
Buf - Bledsoe still has talent but it seems like everything needs to be perfect or he is useless. If there is any distress he is terrible.

RB
Mia - How people can argue with 4500 yards in the last 3 seasons is beyond me. What Ricky has down with the piss poor excuse of an O-line Miami has is unbelievable.
Buf - Henry is excellent and McGahee could be a diamond in the rough. Nice situation in Buffalo.
NE - Only because Curtis Martin is getting up there in age but belive he was as good if not better than Dillion. Remember folks even when healthy Rudi Johnson was seeing just as much playing time if not more than Dillion did.
NY - Curtis Martin is by no means a slouch and believe me I still worry about him every time Miami faces the Jets. He's getting older and the division is stacked at the RB spot.

WR
NE - Screw the names collectively these guys just flat out get it done. It just seems like every time the Pats are in trouble one of there 4 WR's (Brown, Branch, Givens or Johnson) are found wide open.
Buf - Moulds is still the class of the division I'm not that high on Josh Reed but wanted Miami to draft Lee Evans. I put Buffalo second becuase of depth (Moulds, Reed, Evans and Shaw)
Mia - It's my biased opinion that Chambers and Boston could end up being the best WR duo in the leauge. Let's face it dolfans outside of them 2 nobody has shown us anything that would lead us to believe they were any good.
NY - Santana Moss is awesome and Justin McCareins and Wayne Chrebet aren't bad either. There is not much difference between Buff, Mia and NY at WR except maybe an elite player.

TE
NE - Depth!!! Typical Pats 53 good players.
NY - Becht at least has a shot to get drafted in Fantasy Football.
Buf - None of their TE's will make a Fantasy roster.

OL
NE - These guys get it done when it counts
Buf - Seems like they can run block pretty well but can't pass block to save their lives.
Mia - Horrible last year seems like they could pass block a little but couldn't run block themselves out of a wet paper bag. Should be better in 2004 but that's not saying all that much.

DL
Mia - Hands down very stout vs the run (didn't allow a 100 yard rucher in 2003) and best pass rushing duo in the NFL.
NE - Tons of talent up front and Willie McGinest seemed to have a career year in 2003. Seymour, Warren and now Willfork will be fixtures on the NE line for years to come.
NY - A talented group with a premeir pass rusher and 2nd year player who could blossom in 2004.
Buf - Adams and Williams are getting old but I like Scheobel quite a bit. Who is their other DE????

LB
NE - Bruschi, Johnson, Vrabel, Colvin, Phifer and sometimes McGinest gives the Pats 6 threats at LB. Best LB corp in the NFL.
Buf - As much as a hate to admit it Spikes and Fletcher are great and Posey is pretty good also. Probably the best starting 3 in the division but lack the depth of NE.
Mia - Thomas has fantastic football instincts which make up for his lack of size, strength and speed. He has been a tackling machine and perennial probowler for awhile now. Seau's still pretty good and was a HUGE upgrade over Derrick Rodgers. Greenwood is solid but I'd love to see Eddie Moore in passing situations in 2004.
NY - Cowart is stout and Vilma should make an immediate impact. Again the Jets get snubbed because the division is stacked at LB.

DB's
NE - After watching the Super Bowl I'll give other AFC East teams some advice. Throw at Eugene Wilson early and often and if Law doesn't play this guy could be a liabilty back there. The safties are solid especially with old man Harrison lurking back there.
Mia - I'll take "overrated" Madison over anybody the Bills or Jets have to offer and Surtain is in Law's league. Knight is always around the Football and the Starting FS of the Miami Dolhins will be settled in camp.
Buf - Clements is very good and vincent, even at 31, was a nice addition to a team that has to face Brady, Chambers, Boston and Moss, McCareins and Pennington twice a year.
NY - Abraham and Henderson aren't bad just the worst in this division.

ST
NE
Mia
NY
Buf

Coaching
NE - Best staff in the NFL
NY - Have great respect for Herm Edwards
Buf - New Staff
Mia - Most scrutinized staff in the NFL

TEAM RANKINGS
NE
Mia
Buf
NY
But it's May!!!

I think this is the most accurate ranking. The only thing I'd change is that I have Miami at #1 at TE.

I also think/hope that by the end of the year Miami could be #1 at DB and maybe WR.

I was surprised and pleased that you had Bledsoe at the bottom of the division. DB has a strong arm, but he makes more poor decisions than JF. They were both behind poor pass blocking OLs, but DB's lack of mobility leads to more sacks. Overall, DB's poor decisions and mobility result in more negative plays and his arm doesn't provide enough big plays to compensate.

I will cut and paste from another board i did this at:

QBs:

1. Brady
2. pennington
3. Feeley/fiedler
4. Bledsoe

I think Chad and Brady are very close but 2 SBs tends to push 1 ahead of the other. Bledsoe has had 1 good half season since 1997.

RBs:

1. Henry
2. Williams
3. Martin/Jordan
4. Dillon

This division has some great backs. I think Henry is very underrated and w/ miami's OL troubles last year Ricky had a bad per carry avg. Dillon could easily skyrocket to #1 but he just goes against everything this team has been about so i am skeptical.

FBs:

1. Sowell
2. Konrad
3. Pass/McCrary
4. Shelton

I'm not up on all my AFCE FBs but Sowell was very good a year ago.

Wrs:

1. NYJ
2. Mia
3. NE
4. Buf

Some good units but the best duo is Moss & McCareins. IF Boston plays hard then they move to #1 but that remains to be seen. NE has solid WRs and Buf has the divisions best WR. IF Wayne can't stay healthy then NYJ move down to #3 or 4.

TE:

1. NE's trio
2. McMichael
3. Becht/Baker
4. Campbell

NE's trio can do it all, RM is a very good pass catching TE. After the top group of Shockey & co. he is next in line.

OL:

1. NE
2. NYJ
3. Buf
4. Mia

NE lost Woody but still should have a very good OL, the Jets OL struggled a bit last year and BUf's and Miami were lousy. Buf & mia look much better on paper.

DL:

1. Mia
2. NE
3. NYJ
4. Buf

Miami hands down, NE is very good and getting Wilfork will help but don't expect too much from him as a rook. The Jets have the talent and now it's time to put it together.

LBs:

1. NE
2. Buf
3. NYJ
4. Mia

NE's Lbs are outstanding playmakers, Buf's Lbs came on strong in the 2nd half and Spikes is big time. The dolphins LBs are getting a bit old and the Jets look much better than a year ago on paper.

DBs:

1. NE
2. Mia
3. Buf
4. NYJ

Mia has the best pair of CBs but NE has the best overall secondary unless of course the Law situation doesn't get worked out.

Is it me or does it seeem like just about every position this division has a ton of talent on most of the teams. There are a few exceptions but for the most part each team has talent to work w/ and after a down year for the division(thanks to Buf & NYJ) I think it will be a top division again.

Back
Top Bottom