Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Nov 4, 2010.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101105_ravens_dont_plan_to_doubleteam_brandon_marshall

2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Re: Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall

LMAO...right.

3. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

I think it will be a big mistake by them, but what do I know....

4. Surfin'bird

Surfin'bird Active Member

We didn't the first time Marshall played in Baltimore and they held him to 4 catches for 24 yds.

bobw999 likes this.
  5. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

6. KlausC

KlausC Starter

Either you didn't post the entire article or I'm missing something. Where does it say they don't plan to double him?

7. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

click on the link and read on....

8. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

Click the link. It doesn't post the entire story.

9. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Your secondary is not what it used to be. Marshall has dominated every time he has seen single coverage this year.

10. Surfin'bird

Ummm, it was only last year, we basically have the same secondary. Actually its improved from last year after we had Josh Wilson from the Seahawks in a trade. I've already posted it a few times that it wouldn't be accurate to look at the Buffalo game and say that the secondary is bad because the one CB (Fabian Washington) was responsible for 3 touchdowns and 67% of the yards by himself, he's not going to be on Marshall this game and he may not see much time at all.

11. beanh8er

3/4 top 4 corners are coming back from torn ACLs. Most people say it takes until the second year to get back to 100%.

12. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall

lol at the Raven fan. The worst kind of fan are biased ones.

13. Surfin'bird

2, Webb and Washington. Carr (the number 2 CB) and Wilson (the Number 3) are fine. They may not be 100% but they've been keeping up fine, Wes Welker also had his knee shredded and he looks fine this year.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I'd love for you to actually argue facts with me instead of protesting that I''m biased as if you on a Dolphins board aren't going to be.

14. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

I did forget about Josh Wilson who is a good CB, but Marshall has been very productive this season we will see. There seems to be a lot of focus on Marshall and they are forgetting about Bess who will carve you up if you don't pay attention to him.

15. Surfin'bird

Its actually a testament to how good Bess, Mattison (the Def. Cord.) said that if you focus too much on Marshall, you'll get burned by Bess.

16. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

hopefully we wont get the same ravens that man handled the jets

17. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

Here's facts for you. Marshall will torch you if you don't double team him. Just ludicrous to leave him 1-on-1 with one of those Baltimore CBs. I've seen plenty of Ravens games with pop being a season ticket holder, so no bias here. You, on the other hand, are full of it if you think this is a smart plan for your team to follow.

18. Daytona Fin

the title shold have read- the ravens plan to lose if they dont double team marshall

19. Surfin'bird

Based on Marshall's history going up against the Ravens, no its not a fact lol (but your funny though). Like I said before, Marshall had 4 catches for 24 yds. in single coverage last year against the Ravens and that was with a team that was actually willing to go deep with him. You wanna know another fact? Last year when Marshall was supposed to catch a pass over the middle he let up once he saw Ray Lewis coming to hit him thats another FACT.

20. beanh8er

That last one was opinion actually. You do not know for a fact that's the reason why he let up. You're just assuming.

21. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

i smell a road kill fan.. the ravens will have a tough time with marshall. he has 1 Td SO FAR, Seasons not over and he might Triple that number on sunday.

22. Daytona Fin

it kills me how somebody can doubt marshalls abilities by one game. and the same genuis states that marshall let up on a play because he was scared of ray lewis and states it as being a fact. obviously this guy doesnt know what fact means so he has lost all credibility here. now go back to hole you crawled out of.

23. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Donator

24. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

I would love to see them not double Marshall but they'll be a safety over the top no matter what. If and this is a big if, they decide not to double team Marshall to start the game, that'll change real quick when they figure out there's no reason not to double him. The Dolphins aren't smart enough to use lots of 3 or 4 wr sets, so there's really no reason not to double Marshall. Leave Hartline 1-1 and bracket coverage toward Marshall and Bess. There's no reason not to. Ask the Jets what happens (the only team to not consistently double him) when you leave him 1 on 1. I believe even in that game he was doubled more often than not. To the Ravens fan...I GUARANTEE you if they leave 1 on 1 on him all game he'll have at least 80 yards receiving. Talk about last year all you want but I highly doubt he was being covered by 1 guy all game. He's been doubled probably more than anybody in the league according to the press conference and he's still putting up numbers.

25. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

shows how much they respect our passing game

26. Surfin'bird

When did I doubt Marshalls abilities? I'm pretty sure I never said he was a bum, but you can see what you want though.

What else do you think happened if a receiver (a 6' 4" one at that) doesn't attempt to catch a completely catchable ball across the middle when a linebacker is coming to take his head off? That his phone was ringing?

27. Surfin'bird

lol I watched the game, Foxworth was playing man coverage the whole game.

28. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

Shows what you know. He's averaging more yards per reception this year than with the Broncos. The Broncos used him a lot like the Patriots use Welker. Marshall got at least 1 deep ball thrown to him in each of the first 3 games and then we haven't seen any since. You think that might just have something to do with teams doubling him and playing 2 deep? Dan Henning is retarded but even he'll throw the ball deep if there's not over the top help on Marshall.

29. Joneildu

Joneildu Well-Known Member

last season the Ravens also had a defense. They are getting absolutely no QB pressure and playing the best pass protecting O-line in the NFL and this Ravens fan thinks he's going to simply get the same results? Make a fair comparison here. You aren't facing the broncos and it isn't 2009 anymore.

To expect any similar results is simply wishful thinking. There's no comparison to be made here.

30. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

And you could tell where the safeties were the whole game? Riiiiight... I hope they do single cover him but I'm telling you it won't last long. If he isnt doubled it means you guys are playing zone because nobody on the Ravens is going to play him man to man without any help. I wish they would though. Are the Ravens mostly a zone coverage team?

31. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

If Henning doesnt kill us they'll respect it after the game. Our WR's are leaps and bounds better than the Bills. Granted, the Bills dont call a bunch of ******* 1 and 2 wr routes in passing down either. It sounded to me like they respected our other WR's enough to not double Marshall all game. I'll be shocked if Marshall isn't doubled the majority of the time.

It's tough to be scared of a team that should've lost to the Jills if not for a couple of atrocious officials. Lucky for the Ravens the Fins are usually on the short end of ****ty calls. That fumble in O.T. vs the Jills was a terrible call. Plus the 7 pts you got before half that you shouldn't have gotten.

32. beanh8er

Lol at not doubling Marshall. Please try that and get back to us after the game. He's like MJ you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

33. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

You're using ONE GAME as a sample size? Wow, good one. :lol:

We're talking about a premier WR here and the kid brings up one game. Too funny.

34. Surfin'bird

Didn't someone on this board post that Henne has the least amount of deep balls thrown for a starting QB (8)? Sorry it takes more than 1 deep ball thrown in the first few games to say that the offense constantly uses him as a deep threat.

35. Surfin'bird

Your right, it wouldn't make sense to bring up the one game where the receiver were're talking about played against the same team he's playing Sunday, or consider Miami's habit of not taking many shots downfield. :rolleyes2:

36. Surfin'bird

Soft Coverage man for the first few games of the season, but now they have Ed Reed back, that opens up another dimension. Mattison hasn't blitzed much this year but with Reed in the back he'll most likely be willing to take those chances.

37. Surfin'bird

lol So the Ravens have no defense now? Thats wishful thinking right there. One bad game where ONE DB (who has since been benched) was torched all day and the Ravens have no D.

38. finnns2000

finnns2000 A True Fan

He COULD catch 4 passes, he COULD catch 10. You have no idea. Sparano could say "**** it, we need to take shots downfield", after all why would we continue doing the same thing we've been failing at? With all these reports coming out about changing it up, I don't think you should expect status quo.

And last season was last season. The man has caught 10 passes in a game twice this season. But good luck with that single coverage.

39. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

What does last year have to with this year? Didn't BM play for a different team? I don't get it! The only one to stop BM is our OC any singled coverage will mean a 10+ catch game for BM.

40. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Please blitz us, Henne loves the blitz. It's when you drop everyone he struggles, bring on the blitz!