Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Brandon Marshall(notes) is one of the most imposing wide receivers in the game.

He’s a physical specimen whose 6-foot-4, 230-pound frame represents the prototype for the big, strong, fast downfield targets that NFL teams covet.

The Baltimore Ravens, though, have a strong track record against the Miami Dolphins’ star.

ADVERTISEMENT

They locked Marshall down last season when he was with the Denver Broncos, holding him to four receptions for 24 yards in a 30-7 rout.

Now, they’re looking to duplicate that feat Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.

While the Ravens’ secondary was extremely vulnerable during a 37-34 overtime win over the Buffalo Bills before the bye when they allowed four touchdown passes, they aren’t intimidated by Marshall.

“I see a typical, big-time wide receiver that has great, great speed and great size,” Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison said. “He shows the ability to go for the football. He’s not one of those guys that’s going to be timid.

“He’s got to rank right up there with all the top, elite wide receivers that we play against. The thing he has that some of the other ones don’t is the God-given size. He still can run with it, and he’s got great strength.”

Traded to the Dolphins after last season, Marshall has caught 47 passes for 588 yards this season.

He’s on pace to catch 107 passes this season, which would set a new franchise record.

And Marshall is extremely difficult to tackle after the catch.

“He runs the entire route tree out there,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “He runs quick passes and does everything downfield. He’s a very good route-runner for a big man. When he runs the underneath stuff, it’s always a catch-and-run idea.”

However, Marshall has only one touchdown catch this season and has been held under 65 receiving yards in three of the past four games.

Because of Marshall’s size, hands and ability to run after the catch, the Ravens have a lot of respect for Marshall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101105_ravens_dont_plan_to_doubleteam_brandon_marshall

We didn't the first time Marshall played in Baltimore and they held him to 4 catches for 24 yds.

Either you didn't post the entire article or I'm missing something. Where does it say they don't plan to double him?

We didn't the first time Marshall played in Baltimore and they held him to 4 catches for 24 yds.

Your secondary is not what it used to be. Marshall has dominated every time he has seen single coverage this year.

Your secondary is not what it used to be. Marshall has dominated every time he has seen single coverage this year.

Ummm, it was only last year, we basically have the same secondary. Actually its improved from last year after we had Josh Wilson from the Seahawks in a trade. I've already posted it a few times that it wouldn't be accurate to look at the Buffalo game and say that the secondary is bad because the one CB (Fabian Washington) was responsible for 3 touchdowns and 67% of the yards by himself, he's not going to be on Marshall this game and he may not see much time at all.

Ummm, it was only last year, we basically have the same secondary. Actually its improved from last year after we had Josh Wilson from the Seahawks in a trade. I've already posted it a few times that it wouldn't be accurate to look at the Buffalo game and say that the secondary is bad because the one CB (Fabian Washington) was responsible for 3 touchdowns and 67% of the yards by himself, he's not going to be on Marshall this game and he may not see much time at all.
3/4 top 4 corners are coming back from torn ACLs. Most people say it takes until the second year to get back to 100%.

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall

lol at the Raven fan. The worst kind of fan are biased ones.

3/4 top 4 corners are coming back from torn ACLs. Most people say it takes until the second year to get back to 100%.

2, Webb and Washington. Carr (the number 2 CB) and Wilson (the Number 3) are fine. They may not be 100% but they've been keeping up fine, Wes Welker also had his knee shredded and he looks fine this year.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

lol at the Raven fan. The worst kind of fan are biased ones.

I'd love for you to actually argue facts with me instead of protesting that I''m biased as if you on a Dolphins board aren't going to be.

I did forget about Josh Wilson who is a good CB, but Marshall has been very productive this season we will see. There seems to be a lot of focus on Marshall and they are forgetting about Bess who will carve you up if you don't pay attention to him.

I did forget about Josh Wilson who is a good CB, but Marshall has been very productive this season we will see. There seems to be a lot of focus on Marshall and they are forgetting about Bess who will carve you up if you don't pay attention to him.

Its actually a testament to how good Bess, Mattison (the Def. Cord.) said that if you focus too much on Marshall, you'll get burned by Bess.

Back
Top Bottom