Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

shows how much they respect our passing game

If Henning doesnt kill us they'll respect it after the game. Our WR's are leaps and bounds better than the Bills. Granted, the Bills dont call a bunch of ******* 1 and 2 wr routes in passing down either. It sounded to me like they respected our other WR's enough to not double Marshall all game. I'll be shocked if Marshall isn't doubled the majority of the time.

It's tough to be scared of a team that should've lost to the Jills if not for a couple of atrocious officials. Lucky for the Ravens the Fins are usually on the short end of ****ty calls. That fumble in O.T. vs the Jills was a terrible call. Plus the 7 pts you got before half that you shouldn't have gotten.

Lol at not doubling Marshall. Please try that and get back to us after the game. He's like MJ you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

Based on Marshall's history going up against the Ravens, no its not a fact lol (but your funny though). Like I said before, Marshall had 4 catches for 24 yds. in single coverage last year against the Ravens and that was with a team that was actually willing to go deep with him. You wanna know another fact? Last year when Marshall was supposed to catch a pass over the middle he let up once he saw Ray Lewis coming to hit him thats another FACT.

You're using ONE GAME as a sample size? Wow, good one. :lol:

We're talking about a premier WR here and the kid brings up one game. Too funny.

Shows what you know. He's averaging more yards per reception this year than with the Broncos. The Broncos used him a lot like the Patriots use Welker. Marshall got at least 1 deep ball thrown to him in each of the first 3 games and then we haven't seen any since. You think that might just have something to do with teams doubling him and playing 2 deep? Dan Henning is retarded but even he'll throw the ball deep if there's not over the top help on Marshall.

Didn't someone on this board post that Henne has the least amount of deep balls thrown for a starting QB (8)? Sorry it takes more than 1 deep ball thrown in the first few games to say that the offense constantly uses him as a deep threat.

You're using ONE GAME as a sample size? Wow, good one. :lol:

We're talking about a premier WR here and the kid brings up one game. Too funny.

Your right, it wouldn't make sense to bring up the one game where the receiver were're talking about played against the same team he's playing Sunday, or consider Miami's habit of not taking many shots downfield. :rolleyes2:

And you could tell where the safeties were the whole game? Riiiiight... I hope they do single cover him but I'm telling you it won't last long. If he isnt doubled it means you guys are playing zone because nobody on the Ravens is going to play him man to man without any help. I wish they would though. Are the Ravens mostly a zone coverage team?

Soft Coverage man for the first few games of the season, but now they have Ed Reed back, that opens up another dimension. Mattison hasn't blitzed much this year but with Reed in the back he'll most likely be willing to take those chances.

last season the Ravens also had a defense. They are getting absolutely no QB pressure and playing the best pass protecting O-line in the NFL and this Ravens fan thinks he's going to simply get the same results? Make a fair comparison here. You aren't facing the broncos and it isn't 2009 anymore.

To expect any similar results is simply wishful thinking. There's no comparison to be made here.

lol So the Ravens have no defense now? Thats wishful thinking right there. One bad game where ONE DB (who has since been benched) was torched all day and the Ravens have no D.

Your right, it wouldn't make sense to bring up the one game where the receiver were're talking about played against the same team he's playing Sunday, or consider Miami's habit of not taking many shots downfield. :rolleyes2:

He COULD catch 4 passes, he COULD catch 10. You have no idea. Sparano could say "**** it, we need to take shots downfield", after all why would we continue doing the same thing we've been failing at? With all these reports coming out about changing it up, I don't think you should expect status quo.

And last season was last season. The man has caught 10 passes in a game twice this season. But good luck with that single coverage.

What does last year have to with this year? Didn't BM play for a different team? I don't get it! The only one to stop BM is our OC any singled coverage will mean a 10+ catch game for BM.

Soft Coverage man for the first few games of the season, but now they have Ed Reed back, that opens up another dimension. Mattison hasn't blitzed much this year but with Reed in the back he'll most likely be willing to take those chances.

Please blitz us, Henne loves the blitz. It's when you drop everyone he struggles, bring on the blitz!

He COULD catch 4 passes, he COULD catch 10. You have no idea. Sparano could say "**** it, we need to take shots downfield", after all why would we continue doing the same thing we've been failing at? With all these reports coming out about changing it up, I don't think you should expect status quo.

And last season was last season. The man has caught 10 passes in a game twice this season. But good luck with that single coverage.

lol PLEASE, PLEEEAASSEEE try and take shots deep with Ed Reed lurking back there. He had 2 picks and a FF his first game back even with communication problems in the secondary, I would love to see what he can do with a full two weeks under his belt.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Please blitz us, Henne loves the blitz. It's when you drop everyone he struggles, bring on the blitz!

With Ed Reed? Gladly

lol PLEASE, PLEEEAASSEEE try and take shots deep with Ed Reed lurking back there. He had 2 picks and a FF his first game back even with communication problems in the secondary, I would love to see what he can do with a full two weeks under his belt.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

With Ed Reed? Gladly
I get the feeling you became a Ravens fan sometime around December of 2000. Am I correct, I just have a feeling that you are THAT type of fan.

Didn't someone on this board post that Henne has the least amount of deep balls thrown for a starting QB (8)? Sorry it takes more than 1 deep ball thrown in the first few games to say that the offense constantly uses him as a deep threat.

I didnt say they constantly use him as a deep threat. I said they will throw it to Marshall deep if the safety isnt playing over the top of him like they have been the last 4-5 weeks. The Dolphins dont throw the ball deep, partly because teams have been playing 2 deep, partly because we dont have a legit deep threat, and partly because Henning and Sparano are *******.

lol So the Ravens have no defense now? Thats wishful thinking right there. One bad game where ONE DB (who has since been benched) was torched all day and the Ravens have no D.

You haven't had a pass rush all damn season. You rank in the bottom 10 in sacks. It's taking way too long for the defense to get pressure on the QB, and they're allowing the QB to stare down wideouts before getting hits. This isn't something revolutionary I'm telling you here. This has been a hot topic among Ravens players and their fanbase. Don't play the ignorance card. As I said, with a lacking pass rush, you're going up against the best pass blocking offensive line in the NFL. You can't expect the same results when Henne can take 5 and 7 step drops and play pitch and catch when he has 5 seconds to stare down receivers. It's just not a reasonable comparison.

Back
Top Bottom