Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

How is any of this relevant to what I said? All season you've had pressure issues, not just the Bills game. It's almost as if you've watched just one game this whole season. Yes, Fitzpatrick gets the ball out incredibly quick (have you seen his o-line...that's why he's getting outside the pocket or dumping off hastily). You can find a quote from Jarret Johnson explaining the pressure situation against Fitz (That's your OLB btw, since I seem to be schooling you on your own damn team right now). You only had one sack and a grand total of....Two QB hits that game. Don't act like you were hitting him everytime he stood up in the pocket, because it's just not factually correct.

Lol are you kidding? Your "schooling" me :chuckle: ok man.

Thats the point Fitz DIDN'T stand back in the pocket very much and when he did he was force to scramble (which he did successfully) and he was pressured. I don't know where your getting your stats from but according to Pro Football Focus:

The seven total pressures (a hit, six pressures) Suggs recorded in this game was the most since he recorded eight (a sack, a hit, six pressures) in Week 14 of the 2008 season against the Washington Redskins.

So I'd say he was under pressure.

You want to talk about qoutes:

“Trust me: All of [the quarterbacks], they feel us. They just know they’ve got to get that ball out.”- Terrell Suggs

Yup because thats exactly what I said :rolleyes2:

You're implying that you will shutdown a top 3 WR because "you did it before". It's poor logic. Marshall wasn't playing alongside a slot guy like Bess, and he certainly wasn't playing the same short pass offense (whether that's a good or bad thing is up to the results). With your shoddy tackling in the secondary, Marshall could break one free on any play. I don't believe this report anyways, all psychological stuff imo.

Let the game play out before speaking in absolutes.

Thats the point Fitz DIDN'T stand back in the pocket very much and when he did he was force to scramble (which he did successfully) and he was pressured. I don't know where your getting your stats from but according to Pro Football Focus:

So I'd say he was under pressure.

You want to talk about qoutes:

“Trust me: All of [the quarterbacks], they feel us. They just know they’ve got to get that ball out.”- Terrell Suggs

You had two QB hits the entire game, and none by Suggs. Both by Lewis.

You're implying that you will shutdown a top 3 WR because "you did it before". It's poor logic. Marshall wasn't playing alongside a slot guy like Bess, and he certainly wasn't playing the same short pass offense (whether that's a good or bad thing is up to the results). With your shoddy tackling in the secondary, Marshall could break one free on any play. I don't believe this report anyways, all psychological stuff imo.

Let the game play out before speaking in absolutes.

The main person responsible for the shoddy tackling was benched,

I bad game game of shoddy tackling doesn't erase 6 good ones.

Hasn't most of this board been complaining that Henning doesn't use Marshall has a deep threat? The only reason I believe we can keep him in check (not shut down like you think I said) is that the Ravens had 2 weeks to prepare for this dink-and-dunk offense and have seen plenty of times before. They know how to handle. Denver came with the same kind of offense with a receiver who (statistically) is having a better season than Marshall and all they could muster up was two garbage time deep throws against an Ed Reed-less secondary. Do you honestly think Sparano is going to pick this game to try and test the secondary deep?

You had two QB hits the entire game, and none by Suggs. Both by Lewis.

lol So pressuring the quarterback (which you just said we've had a problem with and I concur to a point) doesn't matter anymore? lol Alright dude

:bobdole:

Did you just ignore what he said? The Bills, who have the most horrendous O-line in the NFL right now, were only held to 1 sack and 2 knockdowns. Your D-line is not playing solid if they cannot compete against the worst O-line in football right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol So pressuring the quarterback (which you just said we've had a problem with and I concur to a point) doesn't matter anymore? lol Alright dude

Pressure matters only if you can get hits and get sacks. Force the QB to make mistakes. Let's see what Suggs has to say about this...

Added Suggs, “Sacks count as the stat. The pressure, it’s like, ‘Atta boy! Way to pressure the quarterback.’ But the sacks are what help you win the game. Pressure really doesn’t. I mean, they do their job, they have their benefits – they can [force] a quarterback to throw the ball higher or before he wants to.
“But me, being the No. 1 thing that I like to do, I like to get the sack, and I’ll leave all the pressure to Haloti and [Johnson].”

If you're getting 2 QB hits and 1 sack in 43 dropbacks, then you have a damn problem.

Hasn't most of this board been complaining that Henning doesn't use Marshall has a deep threat? The only reason I believe we can keep him in check (not shut down like you think I said) is that the Ravens had 2 weeks to prepare for this dink-and-dunk offense and have seen plenty of times before. They know how to handle. Denver came with the same kind of offense with a receiver who (statistically) is having a better season than Marshall and all they could muster up was two garbage time deep throws against an Ed Reed-less secondary. Do you honestly think Sparano is going to pick this game to try and test the secondary deep?

It worked for Buffalo. Sure, why not.

No Henning is not that stupid to throw the ball in 2 deep and if you pair him 1-1 then I guarantee henning isn't stupid enough to not throw the ball to marshall. If your going to face marshall 1-1 your either going to get beat with dinks and dunks or intermediate throws if you have 2 deep which you probably will.

Pressure matters only if you can get hits and get sacks. Force the QB to make mistakes. Let's see what Suggs has to say about this...
If you're getting 2 QB hits and 1 sack in 43 dropbacks, then you have a damn problem.

Soooo throw 2 interceptions isn't making a mistake?

Did you just ignore what he said? The Bills, who have the most horrendous O-line in the NFL right now, were only held to 1 sack and 2 knockdowns. Your D-line is not playing solid if they cannot compete against the worst O-line in football right now.

Do you not know why QB's make three step drops and throw the ball? Its the to give the defense as little time as possible to get to the QB, couple that with Fabian Washington getting beat like he stole something and its a bad combination

Can we just clear something up? Like, the title of this thread?
“I don’t think you go into that ball game and say, ‘We’re going to double him on every play.’ I know we do have to be proactive toward their top receivers during passing situations.”
Sounds to me like they DO plan on doubling him when they feel they need to. "Not going to double" and "Not going to double on every play" are two VERY different things.

Back
Top Bottom