Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

Soooo throw 2 interceptions isn't making a mistake?

Having Ed Reed isn't a mistake. Let's not pretend that Fitzpatrick is the model of great QBs either. You have a tremendous safety, possibly the best the NFL has ever seen.

If you were to ask me if I was worried about the Ravens pass rush...I'd say no. Am I worried about Ed Reed pick sixing? Absolutely.

:bobdole:

Do you not know why QB's make three step drops and throw the ball? Its the to give the defense as little time as possible to get to the QB, couple that with Fabian Washington getting beat like he stole something and its a bad combination

First off lets look back at the interceptions, 1st interception QB got KNOCKED DOWN not just hurried and made a mistake, 2nd interception no pressure and tipped into the air to Ed Reeds hands, there was not only pressure that forced an interception. It's still the worst O-line in the league, and if you can't adjust to itthen your secondary is not very good.

Having Ed Reed isn't a mistake. Let's not pretend that Fitzpatrick is the model of great QBs either. You have a tremendous safety, possibly the best the NFL has ever seen.

If you were to ask me if I was worried about the Ravens pass rush...I'd say no. Am I worried about Ed Reed pick sixing? Absolutely.

Fair enough, talk to most fans and they'll say that they hope Paul Kruger, drafted in the 2nd round last year, can come along and become the type of pass rusher he could be and that Mattison will finally stop being so freakin vanilla with his blitzing.

And seriously, let's stop throwing Washington under the damn buss. On both of those 33 yards bombs, Landry blitzed and Reed was the single deep safety. Reed was a non-factor in both plays.

Can we just clear something up? Like, the title of this thread?
Sounds to me like they DO plan on doubling him when they feel they need to. "Not going to double" and "Not going to double on every play" are two VERY different things.
Hahahaha, and now the thread title is changed. Wasn't trying to start any ****, was just trying to get Surfin'bird to shut the **** up.

First off lets look back at the interceptions, 1st interception QB got KNOCKED DOWN not just hurried and made a mistake, 2nd interception no pressure and tipped into the air to Ed Reeds hands, there was not only pressure that forced an interception. It's still the worst O-line in the league, and if you can't adjust to itthen your secondary is not very good.

HAHA you just disprove part of your point, how does a QB get hit? He gets pressured. The pick that bounced off Ray Lewis' foot was the result of a bad pass.

That still doesn't change the fact that the Bills used 3 step drops to take the pressure off of the O-line, three seconds isn't enough for your average team to get to the QB.

And seriously, let's stop throwing Washington under the damn buss. On both of those 33 yards bombs, Landry blitzed and Reed was the single deep safety. Reed was a non-factor in both plays.

Fabian Washington (-4.5) was terrible Sunday and was benched late in the game for Josh Wilson at right corner. Washington allowed eight catches on eight targets for 164 yards (20.5 yards per catch), three touchdowns (all to Evans), a long of 43 yards (to Steve Johnson) and 87 yards after the catch. Yielding both long and short catches, he gave up more yards than he’s allowed in a single game since the 193 he yielded in San Diego last September. Wilson was impressive last season for the Seahawks and if he gets his foot in the door, he may not let Washington back in the starting lineup.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/10/26/re-focused-week-7-bills-at-ravens/

Mattison blitzed Landry being confident that Washington could handle his man one on one, everybody and their mama could see that Washington had a horrible game.

HAHA you just disprove part of your point, how does a QB get hit? He gets pressured. The pick that bounced off Ray Lewis' foot was the result of a bad pass.

That still doesn't change the fact that the Bills used 3 step drops to take the pressure off of the O-line, three seconds isn't enough for your average team to get to the QB.

a QB hit and a pressure are 2 different things, and the 2nd int by FITZ was just an errant throw by him that bounced up into Ed Reeds hands. To get a QB hit do you have to pressure? yeah, but if you get pressure does it affect anything close to a hit? NO, that was my point.

And if your Defense can't transition to those 3 step drops then you have a bad D-coordinator ESPECIALLY if you hardly fix it at half time. The Dolphin have 1 of the best coordinators at transitioning the Defense to stop a teams offense. Watch out.

a QB hit and a pressure are 2 different things, and the 2nd int by FITZ was just an errant throw by him that bounced up into Ed Reeds hands. To get a QB hit do you have to pressure? yeah, but if you get pressure does it affect anything close to a hit? NO, that was my point.

And if your Defense can't transition to those 3 step drops then you have a bad D-coordinator ESPECIALLY if you hardly fix it at half time. The Dolphin have 1 of the best coordinators at transitioning the Defense to stop a teams offense. Watch out.

Kinnnndaa hard when your DB gets beat like a bald-headed step child

Ahh I see who the mature one isn't on the this board.
Never said I was mature, just saying you're a hopeless homer who is trying to solidly justify a win before the game is even played. And you're blinding yourself from properly evaluating football talent of opponents. That is all.

Wes Welker also had his knee shredded and he looks fine this year.

I'd argue that Wes doesn't look so hot this year as he's been a dud from the statistical line. Either he's not getting open or Tommy Biebercut has been in love with other receivers. At least as a fantasy player, Wes Welker's been a near total wash all year.

Never said I was mature, just saying you're a hopeless homer who is trying to solidly justify a win before the game is even played. And you're blinding yourself from properly evaluating football talent of opponents. That is all.

HAHA I never said they were going to win as this isn't a prediction thread. We are talking about one aspect of the game, not predicting score. But I forgot if I don't agree with you and the evil-monkey I'm a hopeless homer riiiiigghhht ;)

Also, keep in mind that I live in Baltimore, and the amount of uneducated football ****-talking I hear on a daily basis is enough to make me puke Purple. So forgive me if I seem rude, but your fan base is made up of some of the most delusional people I've every seen. The worst part? Outside of racing you guys for the wildcard, I actually enjoy seeing you win (except this Sunday, obviously).

I always contend that the Ravens grueling losses are the true source of Baltimore's high murder rate.

Also, keep in mind that I live in Baltimore, and the amount of uneducated football ****-talking I hear on a daily basis is enough to make me puke Purple. So forgive me if I seem rude, but your fan base is made up of some of the most delusional people I've every seen. The worst part? Outside of racing you guys for the wildcard, I actually enjoy seeing you win (except this Sunday, obviously).

I always contend that the Ravens are the direct result of Baltimore's high murder rate.

Ummmm I don't see the correlation but ok, you must be a college student or grad.

Back
Top Bottom