Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

Kinnnndaa hard when your DB gets beat like a bald-headed step child

Fair enough, if you want to blame the whole game on 1 DB. But if your D-coordinator would've had safeties playing deep or actually having some kind of safety help then Washington doesn't have to deal with one of the fastest WRs in the Game. Just saying if you blitz and still can't get to the QB you got a problem. And if they are running 3 step drops then why were the Ravens still blitzing and still allowing Washington to keep getting beat? Sounds like a bad D-coordinator game.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Ummmm I don't see the correlation but ok, you must be a college student or grad.

how old are you anyways?

Also, keep in mind that I live in Baltimore, and the amount of uneducated football ****-talking I hear on a daily basis is enough to make me puke Purple. So forgive me if I seem rude, but your fan base is made up of some of the most delusional people I've every seen. The worst part? Outside of racing you guys for the wildcard, I actually enjoy seeing you win (except this Sunday, obviously).

I always contend that the Ravens grueling losses are the true source of Baltimore's high murder rate.

If you think Baltimore has the most delusional people than you havent been to chicago...I live 30 minutes from chicago in Indiana and I either hear a bunch of **** talking from bears fans or how this team got lucky and that team got lucky against the Colts with Indianapolis fans.

Fair enough, if you want to blame the whole game on 1 DB. But if your D-coordinator would've had safeties playing deep or actually having some kind of safety help then Washington doesn't have to deal with one of the fastest WRs in the Game. Just saying if you blitz and still can't get to the QB you got a problem. And if they are running 3 step drops then why were the Ravens still blitzing and still allowing Washington to keep getting beat? Sounds like a bad D-coordinator game.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

how old are you anyways?

lol Did you see the breakdown of Washingtons play that PFF did? Yeah Fabian Washington contributed mightily to the bad day, hence him being benched. Washington is up and down, he'll have a good game (againts the Broncos he had 4 Pass Breakups) and he'll have a bad game (Buffalo).

The main person responsible for the shoddy tackling was benched,

I bad game game of shoddy tackling doesn't erase 6 good ones.

Hasn't most of this board been complaining that Henning doesn't use Marshall has a deep threat? The only reason I believe we can keep him in check (not shut down like you think I said) is that the Ravens had 2 weeks to prepare for this dink-and-dunk offense and have seen plenty of times before. They know how to handle. Denver came with the same kind of offense with a receiver who (statistically) is having a better season than Marshall and all they could muster up was two garbage time deep throws against an Ed Reed-less secondary.

That's exactly my reasoning for saying we open it up. If you study our **** offense for 2 weeks, that gives us the chance to open things up and throw deep to Marshall a few times. Spreading the WRs out, mimicking the Bills offensive gameplan vs. the Ravens...

Ahh hell who am I kidding? It's Dan Henning. We won't open up ****. :lol:

lol Did you see the breakdown of Washingtons play that PFF did? Yeah Fabian Washington contributed mightily to the bad day, hence him being benched. Washington is up and down, he'll have a good game (againts the Broncos he had 4 Pass Breakups) and he'll have a bad game (Buffalo).

I'm not trying to say Washington didn't have a bad game, maybe he did maybe he didnt, I didn't pay very much attention to the game or the breakdowns of that game. But from what I've heard the Ravens had been blitzing safeties all game and left the corners responsibility of 1-1 and Washington just happened to have Evans one of the fastest WRs in football.

That's exactly my reasoning for saying we open it up. If you study our **** offense for 2 weeks, that gives us the chance to open things up and throw deep to Marshall a few times. Spreading the WRs out, mimicking the Bills offensive gameplan vs. the Ravens...

Ahh hell who am I kidding? It's Dan Henning. We won't open up ****. :lol:

Your words, not mine :chuckle:

I'm not trying to say Washington didn't have a bad game, maybe he did maybe he didnt, I didn't pay very much attention to the game or the breakdowns of that game. But from what I've heard the Ravens had been blitzing safeties all game and left the corners responsibility of 1-1 and Washington just happened to have Evans one of the fastest WRs in football.

True but Washington has always been a burner (ran a 4.2 at the combine) and fast receivers are his thing, its physical ones he doesn't do well against because he's not much of a tackler.

True but Washington has always been a burner (ran a 4.2 at the combine) and fast receivers are his thing, its physical ones he doesn't do well against because he's not much of a tackler.

Speed isn't just one of the things with Evans its really the quickness that you have to look out for hence the post routes he was getting beat on, post routes are Evans thing and if you let him do it all day you USUALLY get beat.

Based on Marshall's history going up against the Ravens, no its not a fact lol (but your funny though). Like I said before, Marshall had 4 catches for 24 yds. in single coverage last year against the Ravens and that was with a team that was actually willing to go deep with him. You wanna know another fact? Last year when Marshall was supposed to catch a pass over the middle he let up once he saw Ray Lewis coming to hit him thats another FACT.

4 catches for 24 yards....that really doesn't all reflect on coverage. If the QB was under pressure, maybe the route had to be broken off. The Ravens have always been known for pressuring the QB, and the results of that pressure directly reflect on what goes on down field. You, as a Ravens fan, need to face the fact that you D isn't (this season) CONSISTANTLY what it has had a reputation to be. They have been up and down, like alot of teams this season. Yes. 65% of the yardage (and 3 TDs) in the Buffalo game was given ujp by on DB, but that has alot to do with the LACK of pressure on the QB.

Look, I'm not saying that Marshal is going to put up 10 catches for 125 and 3 TDs, but you have to accept the fact that this isn't the same D of the past.

:err:

Ya caught me. I'm one of them "planning-on-finding-a-good-job" types.

lol You said your a resident in Baltimoree, according to your Avatar thingy your 22 and you made somewhat of an outside observation of Baltimore. I was just saying that your probably a student there UMBC? Towson? (My school), Hopkins?

4 catches for 24 yards....that really doesn't all reflect on coverage. If the QB was under pressure, maybe the route had to be broken off. The Ravens have always been known for pressuring the QB, and the results of that pressure directly reflect on what goes on down field. You, as a Ravens fan, need to face the fact that you D isn't (this season) CONSISTANTLY what it has had a reputation to be. They have been up and down, like alot of teams this season. Yes. 65% of the yardage (and 3 TDs) in the Buffalo game was given ujp by on DB, but that has alot to do with the LACK of pressure on the QB.

Look, I'm not saying that Marshal is going to put up 10 catches for 125 and 3 TDs, but you have to accept the fact that this isn't the same D of the past.

I know they aren't the 2000 Ravens and they don't need to be. They're finally fully healthy on D for the first time this year and despite the hiccups the Ravens are still 5-2.

I keep telling you guys, if a QB takes 3 step drops and gets the ball out, there's no time for pressure because that's the point of taking those types of drops. At that point its the job of the CB's to make the tackles on those short routes and not allow a lot of YAC, thats exactly what Fabian Washington didn't do, which is why his horrible play was so significant, which is why he was benched.

Talk to any Raven fan this season and they'll tell you that the pressure is not what it should be, but its a WHOLE team defensive effort. Just like a good front 7 can make up for the lack of good DB's, so can horrible DB play make not getting pressure even more of a big factor, one unit can't exist without the other.

Like I said, the Ravens are finally fully healthy on defense this year which should (I hope) open up the defense for more exotic looks and after the BYE at home against a conservative offense should be a great time to test it.

Lets just hope that Henne finds him when he is open, this is not the team to force throws against.

surfin bird has the football iq of pretty much everyone else in Baltimore. God I hate living here and hearing all these fans. I had a fan come up to me at work today because I'm wearing my dolphins jersey. he was in his ravens jersey. he joked and asked where my purple was for purple friday.. I said I'm not a ravens fan, so I'm supporting my team, and then he asked who the dolphins were playing this week.

typical ravens fan.

Back
Top Bottom