Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

I get the feeling you became a Ravens fan sometime around December of 2000. Am I correct, I just have a feeling that you are THAT type of fan.

lol Based on what? The Ravens came to Baltimore when I was 8 years old, I started playing football in Pop Warner at the age of 12, the year 2000.

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall

lol I watched the game, Foxworth was playing man coverage the whole game.

You cannot tell the entire coverage a team plays from the television broadcast. That is a common novice mistake to assume things based on the television broadcast.

Marshall rarely gets single covered, and if he does, he'll have a big game. The only thing to change that would be a crazy pass rush keeping the QB on his back.

Rival fans that come onto our board telling us how great they are just come off douchey to me.

You haven't had a pass rush all damn season. You rank in the bottom 10 in sacks. It's taking way too long for the defense to get pressure on the QB, and they're allowing the QB to stare down wideouts before getting hits. This isn't something revolutionary I'm telling you here. This has been a hot topic among Ravens players and their fanbase. Don't play the ignorance card. As I said, with a lacking pass rush, you're going up against the best pass blocking offensive line in the NFL. You can't expect the same results when Henne can take 5 and 7 step drops and play pitch and catch when he has 5 seconds to stare down receivers. It's just not a reasonable comparison.

You pretend to know so much about whats going on in Ravens camp then you would know that

1. The Bills used 3 steps drops all game and Fitzpatrick was able to get the ball out in time, and the times where he did stand in the pocket he was hit. Suggs registered the most amount of pressure he's had all year last game. couple that with...............

2. A benched Fabian Washington giving up 3 touchdowns by himself

and you have the Bills game. The Bills didn't used a lot of five step drops in the game and against the Patriots (Haloti Ngata had 2 sacks, Suggs 1) our other main pass rusher (Paul Kruger) was injured for that game.

But please continue since you know so much about our team and I'm the one acting dumb.

The Dolphins haven't proven they can consistently run the ball against anyone. Until proven otherwise, every team in the NFL will run cover 2 against us the majority of the time.

Well, maybe except the Jets. But they're a different breed.

You cannot tell the entire coverage a team plays from the television broadcast. That is a common novice mistake to assume things based on the television broadcast.

Marshall rarely gets single covered, and if he does, he'll have a big game. The only thing to change that would be a crazy pass rush keeping the QB on his back.

Rival fans that come onto our board telling us how great they are just come off douchey to me.

Please, I never said the Ravens DB's were great, everybody on here just assumed they sucked based on the Bills game without all the facts. Rival fans like that sound douchey to me.

I don't have to assume coverage, thats what they said it was on the team website.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Hey Surfinbird. can you plz go away

Nope, I'm not trolling nor insulting the fan base, I'm just talking football, that is what this board is for right?

Please bring Terrell Suggs against Jake Long see how much pressure he gets. No one has beeing using the Bills game as an end-all but merely pointing to that game to substantiate their claims which is what one is supposed to do; provide factual support.

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall

Please, I never said the Ravens DB's were great, everybody on here just assumed they sucked based on the Bills game without all the facts. Rival fans like that sound douchey to me.

I don't have to assume coverage, thats what they said it was on the team website.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Nope, I'm not trolling nor insulting the fan base, I'm just talking football, that is what this board is for right?

You come across as needing attention.

Look at me! The Ravens are good dang it! Flacco is good dang it! Everyone look! Respect me and my team on your board dang it!

You want to talk football with the grown ups, you're welcome to do so. Responding to every post that doesn't give the Ravens props as the almighty will turn you into a novelty act with the people here who are merely interested in the games, very quickly.

You pretend to know so much about whats going on in Ravens camp then you would know that

1. The Bills used 3 steps drops all game and Fitzpatrick was able to get the ball out in time, and the times where he did stand in the pocket he was hit. Suggs registered the most amount of pressure he's had all year last game. couple that with...............

2. A benched Fabian Washington giving up 3 touchdowns by himself

and you have the Bills game. The Bills didn't used a lot of five step drops in the game and against the Patriots (Haloti Ngata had 2 sacks, Suggs 1) our other main pass rusher (Paul Kruger) was injured for that game.

But please continue since you know so much about our team and I'm the one acting dumb.

How is any of this relevant to what I said? All season you've had pressure issues, not just the Bills game. It's almost as if you've watched just one game this whole season. Yes, Fitzpatrick gets the ball out incredibly quick (have you seen his o-line...that's why he's getting outside the pocket or dumping off hastily). You can find a quote from Jarret Johnson explaining the pressure situation against Fitz (That's your OLB btw, since I seem to be schooling you on your own damn team right now). You only had one sack and a grand total of....Two QB hits that game. Don't act like you were hitting him everytime he stood up in the pocket, because it's just not factually correct.

Please bring Terrell Suggs against Jake Long see how much pressure he gets. No one has beeing using the Bills game as an end-all but merely pointing to that game to substantiate their claims which is what one is supposed to do; provide factual support.

But they have been using the Bills game (one bad game out of year) to say that the pass D sucks completely neglecting how solid they've for other 6 games of the year. Thats called cherry picking only the stats fit your argument.

You come across as needing attention.

Look at me! The Ravens are good dang it! Flacco is good dang it! Everyone look! Respect me and my team on your board dang it!

You want to talk football with the grown ups, you're welcome to do so. Responding to every post that doesn't give the Ravens props as the almighty will turn you into a novelty act with the people here who are merely interested in the games, very quickly.

lol Please dude, I've been talking nothing but football, no sidebars, no insults nothing. Of course I'm going to respond to every post that is how you talk about football right?

This should also go without saying that Miami will probably present as many 7 man protection packages as the Ravens have seen all season.

I'll amend my earlier post to say that the Ravens might come out early running a bunch of single high coverage to see what we do. Their defense has for years been predicated on the fact that Ed Reed is such an intelligent and dynamic safety that he's almost like playing cover 2 by himself, allowing someone else to float down to the box or in short zones while from a scheme standpoint simultaneously not having to worry about the deep ball. That great luxury is one of the reasons the Ravens have been a dominant defense for so long.

The book on Henne is that he has problems with eye discipline and possesses something of a windup. The Ravens might go into this game licking their chops figuring Reed is a sure bet to bait Henne into a few INTs or at least freak him out enough to force him to be overly conservative. That may very well be the way it turns out. I don't know. But what gives me confidence on that front is the fact that we've generally shredded single high coverage and pressure looks all season. In other words, I doubt Ed Reed is smarter than Rex Ryan and the entire Jets defense we had fairly little trouble marching up and down the field against. Eventually I think they'll settle into cover 2 looks. And why not? We haven't been able to run the ball consistently against seven man fronts all season.

The question IMO is whether we've savvy enough to spend most of the day in 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE sets. I love Polite as much as the next Dolfan but strictly based on our talent it's our most solid formation (Polite is also clearly somewhat hobbled and either way isn't the same guy he was last year).

The writing is somewhat on the wall on this front, IMO. We've run better out of spread fronts than bunched fronts for most of the year. Why fight that? And heck, Ronnie Brown has traditionally always preferred the single back formation anyway. I forget the exact numbers but it's a pretty clear preference. It's one of the reasons why he was such a natural fit for the Wildcat.

ALso, I never once said your pass defense sucks. I said that your pass rush sucks. And it does.

Boy, you'd think we were facing the 2000 Ravens with this guy. I was at that SB, and I can say this D isn't nearly as good.

Back
Top Bottom