RB Lacey anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Lacey anyone?

Bush is unbelievably inconsistent and a complete non-factor in a game as soon as he stubs his toe.

Uh, I seem to remember Bush hobbling off the field against Buffalo in the first quarter and missing a few plays, replaced by Miller. He returned to score three touchdowns, including one of the plays of the year, adjusting to the nice lob from Tannehill.

I like that RB too but I doubt we'll take a RB at 12 or at any point in the first round in case we move down. I like Miller but I think Bush will be gone and Thomas can't stay healthy so we might need a RB. It is tempting. I also like the TE from Notre Dame but 12 is too high for him. I could see us trading down and getting an extra 2 or 3....a lot depends on what we do in free agency and who's on the board. If Werner is there at 12 it'd hard to pass on him.

Ozzy rules!!

I like that RB too but I doubt we'll take a RB at 12 or at any point in the first round in case we move down. I like Miller but I think Bush will be gone and Thomas can't stay healthy so we might need a RB. It is tempting. I also like the TE from Notre Dame but 12 is too high for him. I could see us trading down and getting an extra 2 or 3....a lot depends on what we do in free agency and who's on the board. If Werner is there at 12 it'd hard to pass on him.

Ozzy rules!!

Lacey likely with his performance last night has put himself at the bottom of the 1st round! My thinking is we don't really have a "power back" Miller and Bush are the same kinda back, I wont even try and define what D.Thomas is suppose to be. I agree 12 is wayyy to high, but in the event we do trade down say 20-27? or if he's available(which i doubt) in the 2nd round as a competent GM you gotta pull the trigger.

Lacey likely with his performance last night has put himself at the bottom of the 1st round! My thinking is we don't really have a "power back" Miller and Bush are the same kinda back, I wont even try and define what D.Thomas is suppose to be. I agree 12 is wayyy to high, but in the event we do trade down say 20-27? or if he's available(which i doubt) in the 2nd round as a competent GM you gotta pull the trigger.

If we move down into the late 20's and he's still there it'd be hard to pass on him depending on who else is there and what we did on free agency before the draft. You'd also have to consider that if we move down from 12 to the late 20's(does that sound familiar?)we'd have 3 picks in round 2. After the debacle of trading away the chance to take Earl Thomas or JJP and ending up with Odrick and Misi, I'm not sure Ireland would do that again. I do see us posinly moving down to the late teens or very early 20's where Lacy would still be posible or even Eifert(sp?).

Ozzy rules!!

If we move down into the late 20's and he's still there it'd be hard to pass on him depending on who else is there and what we did on free agency before the draft. You'd also have to consider that if we move down from 12 to the late 20's(does that sound familiar?)we'd have 3 picks in round 2. After the debacle of trading away the chance to take Earl Thomas or JJP and ending up with Odrick and Misi, I'm not sure Ireland would do that again. I do see us posinly moving down to the late teens or very early 20's where Lacy would still be posible or even Eifert(sp?).

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah...agreed! Personally, I'm willing to let Bush go and feel more than comfortable that Miller can bring some flash element. Now were I lose confidence is in D.Thomas serving as the "lightning component."Personally I've never seen a guy at his size run with so little power? How many times has he broken the 1st tackle? Punished the tackler? Got completely stood up? How many times has a safety(cough cough Arizona game) ran him over in blitz pick up?

Thus, I say if by some miracle he's still there at the top of the 2nd round trade up and get him. IMO, with Lacey and Miller our backfield will be set for the next 3-5 years!

Im not trading up for lacy. I like the guy and he adds that power td element to our redzone game. Hes certainly improved to at worst a 2nd rounder, and if he was there, youd have to consider. But why not stand pat and get leveon bell for the thunder and adress another need where you would have taken lacy.

Just cant see taking a rb before our 3b pick....

Before last night the only RB I was interested in moving up for was Gio Bernard, who I really think is worth a mid-1st (huge fan of his). But geeze Lacy can tote the rock and he doesn't have the injury history that Richardson had. Early 2nd, maybe late 1.

Looks much better than Ingram and Richardson. Runs with anger, agility, power, and balance. Kid looks like a stud.

Better than Trent Richardson?! Easy tiger... Go back and look at Trent Richardson's game tape.

How quickly we forget as soon as 1 year passes.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Also, Lacy hasn't decided if he is coming out yet...

He's hasn't shown he's as good as trent cmon get real (sorry wvdolphin) but that doesn't mean he could have a better rookie season or possibly better durability/endurance which is HUGE when drafting a QB. Trent wasn't worth a 5th pick tho and the browns are seeing his injuries already pile up in his first half glass empty season.

"COULD" have a better rookie season... So "could" have Alfred Morris out of FAU. Trent was/is the closest thing to a complete workhorse back in a long time. The injury bug finally caught him, we was playing on a ****ty offense, and also played with 3 broken ribs.

I notice alot of people are suddenly wanting these guys from Alabama. Just beware of the Vince Young effect.

In other words, studs in championship teams, particularly Alabama who are studly up and down the roster, suddenly do not look as good at the next level where you are relying on more unkowns and different setting.

just sayin.

Lacey is going to be a great back. Doubt we will be in a position to draft him if we trade down because 12 is to high. He will be a first rounder though.

If he made it to our pick in the second round, we would have to consider it. It all depends on how things go in round 1 and FA. He is a stud!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom