RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him

justdev7

Rookie
Reaction score
Because I have a feeling we will be hearing his name a lot over the next few months. He's an interesting prospect. Coming out of Eastern Washington has helped Taiwan stay under the radar but make no mistake, he won't being flying under the radar too much longer. The guy has an interesting skill set. What I've noticed is his exceptional acceleration. He is also strong and has good speed but his acceleration and quickness look to be his most redeeming skills. Here's a little highlight reel. Laddies and Gentleman, I give you Taiwan Jones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVJ82hmT8g

Skip to the middle of this one because the first half is runs from the first video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCIN6EWoPBo&feature=related

Wow this dude looks like hes the real deal. Looks fast. Good balance. Neato.

According to http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

More juniors may be on the way … According to Craig of Vanderkam of Sideline Scouting the list of underclassmen who applied for early entry to the 2011 draft released by the NFL yesterday only included players from D1A schools. A second list reportedly will be released with underclassmen from other levels.

One player known to have applied for the upcoming draft, but yet to appear on the formal list, is Eastern Washington junior RB Taiwan Jones. Although unable to play in 2 plus-games because of a foot injury, Jones rushed for over 1,700 yards and 14 touchdowns in 12 games; overall, Jones averaged almost 8.0 yards per carry in his 24-game career.

The 6-0, 200-pound Jones reportedly opted to enter the draft when the NFL’s special draft advisory committee suggested he could be selected as early as the third round this coming April.

And some people want to waste our first on Ingram. I just don't see why. This guys looks amazing and I bet there are more "no names" out there just like him. #15 should not be wasted on Ingram!!!

And some people want to waste our first on Ingram. I just don't see why. This guys looks amazing and I bet there are more "no names" out there just like him. #15 should not be wasted on Ingram!!!

Could you imagine what Ingram and a lot of other big program RB's would do against the competition Jones goes against? Same results or better.

Could you imagine what Ingram and a lot of other big program RB's would do against the competition Jones goes against? Same results or better.

Good point. Lets go with "same results". Now do you spend the #15 pick on Ingram or our 3rd round pick on this guy and use the 1st round pick to trade down and get a second rounder back? All for "the same results".

One of the main reasons the SEC is so dominant in college football is the athleticism of the defensive lines. Putting up major numbers, while playing against superior competition, has to be factored in somewhere. Also, doing this while in a pro-style offense, learning how to pass protect, be a factor in the passing game, should also hold considerable weight. I like Taiwan Jones, and have for a good while. However, there is NO chance he could step in day one and hold Ingram's jockstrap. Hard to even compare these two at all.

yeah ingram gives you every down player from the get go...plays on 3rd down will pickup blitzes and put his helmet under your chin understands all pass protection principles unlike so many of these other backs who've never even been asked to pass protect...

he's as nfl ready as any back thats come out the last few years...that includes ryan matthews who went #12 overall last year

split carries with richardson the last 2 years doesn't have near the wear and tear on his body that so many of these other backs do he's ready to step in give you 15-20 carries per game inside and off tackle and play every down plus hurt you in the passing game and he's bad value??? TREMENDOUS vision great balance and body lean...runs with his knees high legs don't stop after contact ballerina like feet

lol...bad value my ***

let me tell ya if he runs 4.45 to 4.49 i don't think he gets to pick #15...if the qbs are gone its a no brainer

My issue with Ingram. Put him behind our line and he looks like Ronnie did this year. No improvement on our line = no holes for Ingram to run through = same product out of our backs as last 2010. Fix the Oline with higher picks and we can still get someone like T Jones to run through the holes, and we can get him in the third round.

ronnie brown and ricky williams combined do not have the same vision as mark ingram...not to mention they are both washed up at this stage

ronnie brown and ricky williams combined do not have the same vision as mark ingram...not to mention they are both washed up at this stage

A solid wall of defenders knocking down everyone on your Oline other than Long looks the same with 20/20 vision or bifold glasses. Do you really think that Ingram would have produced more with this Oline? I don't.

A solid wall of defenders knocking down everyone on your Oline other than Long looks the same with 20/20 vision or bifold glasses. Do you really think that Ingram would have produced more with this Oline? I don't.

yes i do...ricky trips over his own feet every time he has a dang lane and doesn't make anyone miss anymore...ronnies burst and explosion is gone and he's never had very good vision...

hell yeah i think ingram would have done more...outside of one ricky run thru a red sea like part for like 45 yards and a td our long rush of the year was like 18 yards...i don't care how bad the oline is 18 yards is pathetic...

Alabama's line had several injuries and problems this year.

"Explodes" through the holes and shifty. I like this prospect.

Back
Top Bottom